Anyone going to Morocco Sept/Oct?

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been on many trips across western europe on superbikes 'with the lads' but finally saw the light last year and brought a new 1200GS. Me and the Mrs went down as far as lake Garda last year for 2 week and it was great.
Reading all the threads on here, it now seems that Morocca is the place to go and I can see why! it looks like a true adventure and a completely different world.
I would love to take a trip there in the Autumn (without the Mrs) to check the place out but dont want to go alone.
If possable, and if any one would have me, i would like to joint a few like minded foke for a 2 week adventure. I am more that willing to do my fair share of planning etc as long as someone can point me in the right direction.
My GS is on standard wheels but i'm up far some gentle off road routes.
I'm 36 years old and up for a laugh and a few piints!
Stuart :beerjug:

Morocco

Hi Stuart
3 of us are going In Oct. Transporting bikes to Jerez and flying down on the 12th ,Morocco on the 13th-21st then flying back. We have room for one bike plus luggage in a van leaving Portsmouth on Wed 10th and return aprox 22nd. The cost of this shared van will be aprox £350 return. You the have to pay for your flight which is about £95 return. We have worked out this is the cheapest way to get 3 bikes to southern spain and saves the boring bit.
PM me if intrested regards also Stuart

Stuart

I`m hoping go back down to Morocco probably at the end of September. Just been on Steptoe`s Moroccan dash and was really taken with the place so want to do a bit more exploring with only maybe 3 or 4 bikes. Will be mostly on road as the GS-A is a bit of a beast off road.:D

I will ship down to Santander and run down to Algeciras which is a day. I`ve worked out it`s a load cheaper than riding through France and as Scroot say`s, it cuts out the dull bit!

Fantastic place to visit and ride so this maybe another option. :thumb

Chris

Buddy and I will be on Sept 16th Plymouth Santander ferry - see y'all in the bar if you are on the same.
Simon

03 GSA silver, corbin seat and baglux
98 R1100RT silver

Hi,
I would love to take a trip there in the Autumn (without the Mrs) to check the place out but dont want to go alone.
If possable, and if any one would have me, i would like to joint a few like minded foke for a 2 week adventure.

Hey Stewart,

I'm planning on going to Morocco in September - just waiting for holiday confirmation from my mate. I'm looking for travel buddies as well, and 've seen few more ppl going down south in september as well, so we migh actually form quite a bunch of GSers. :D

:aidan
Jakub

I am hoping to travel Morocco for 8 or 10 days in October or possible November. If anyone fancys meeting up to travel some of the easier pistes let me know. I would prefer to tackle them with someone else. I am planning to take the ferry from Plymouth to Santander, then ride across to Algeciras. The last 2 weeks or so of October are looking favourite at the moment.

Devon

Enjoy your trip. I`ve had a change of plan and will be in Monument Valley Arizona on a Harley:blast

FFS, don`t tell anyone on his site!!:augie

Will be back in Morroco next spring. It`s a great place and I went on Steptoe`s dash which was a hoot so if you want to know what it`s like from a beginners point of view. let me know.

Myself and Terry Ryan will be down there departing on the 12 Sept. Hired a villa in Mijas on the Costa del Sol so will be using this as a base and venturing down to Marrakech and back through the hills ( hopefully ). Ladies flying down so we can have a easy ride down to Southern Spain.
Hopefully our paths may cross :bounce1

Keep your eyes open for us.......I've got a party of 8 plus support truck there from 1st sept to the 15th then again (same numbers) in November.

We'll be the ones looking smug 'cos we've got a big beer fridge :)

I did Fanum's Moto Morroco tour last November and it was superb (and I can vouch to the benifits of the fridge full of beer :beerjug: ) Hopefully, you can organise a trip even further afield in 2008 and I can join you on that Bill?

As I said in my previous post, I do not really fancy off roading on my own, it's preferable to have someone to help in the unlikely event things do go wrong.
Looks like there are a few tossers planning trips around the same time as me, hopefully, we can get together for a beer at least :thumb2

Thank's for the link Paul G, I might well use some of the routes you took.

Hi Stuart
3 of us are going In Oct. Transporting bikes to Jerez and flying down on the 12th ,Morocco on the 13th-21st then flying back. We have room for one bike plus luggage in a van leaving Portsmouth on Wed 10th and return aprox 22nd. The cost of this shared van will be aprox £350 return. You the have to pay for your flight which is about £95 return. We have worked out this is the cheapest way to get 3 bikes to southern spain and saves the boring bit.
PM me if intrested regards also Stuart

Hi Stuart.

Are you still going and have room for one more? I've just about enough vacation left to go some time end of the year though I'm not really looking for any real off-road (leave that to the KDX).

Tried to PM you but wasn't able to - not sure if you're still a sponsor.

If anyone else is going or looking for someone to tag along let me know ...

Hopefully, you can organise a trip even further afield in 2008 and I can join you on that Bill?

2009 Andy......Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauretania, Senegal, Gambia, Mali and back (Destination Tombuctoo) :thumb2

2008 we've got 6 trips laid on and it takes that long to plan something like that anyway with support vehicles etc so it'll be '09 befor we break out of Morocco and head south.......You'll be very welcome to join us :thumb2

My trips all booked now I will be on the Portsmouth to La Havre ferry Saturday 8th September then picking up her that sits on the back from Malaga on the 13th so the plan is to cross to Tangiers on Friday 14th
My wife has a flight home booked from Malaga on the 26th so hope to get to see some of Morocco then make our way back for maybe a day or 2 of relaxing on the beach in Spain

This will be my first trip to Morocco if you see us out there stop for a chat we will be on a purple R100GS with a white top box and a dead sheep on the seat

SEE YOU THERE BOB :thumb2

2009 Andy......Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauretania, Senegal, Gambia, Mali and back (Destination Tombuctoo) :thumb2

I would be up for that, all being well Bill :thumb2 It sounds a long way off, but I know how quickly time flies by: Please can you Keep me informed as your plans take shape :clap
Andy.

Just got back from three week road trip to Morocco with my girlfriend- travelled through France and Spain (what is the point of a roadtrip if you spend three days on a boat getting halfway there?). Took four days to Tarifa on shortest route across France and down through Spain, nine days in Morocco then a week travelling back around the coast of Spain and up through France. Have travelled a lot in Eastern Europe and apart from lack of breakdown cover and constant tipping, did not find anything difficult to deal with. Even in August heat was not excessive (hotter in the south of Spain!). People very friendly (even the one who offered me 100 carpets for the girlfriend - i was prepared to haggle but she dragged me away!), just smile at the police who are everywhere! - had no problems but took care to stay in hotels with garages or camp and move on quickly. Some great roads, some absolutely dire, including main roads under construction and made up of two inch thick pebbles! We did not plan a great deal, took a copy of the Lonely Planet guide and a map of the country. It is easy to travel around, petrol is usually easy to get and it is easy to get food and accomodation. Some of the scenery and sights were spectacular but the overbiding memory I have is of the people, how little most of them have - everywhere there are men standing by the road with nothing to do or trying to get by selling fruit as there is so little work, but how friendly they all were.

Back
Top Bottom