Touratech Side Panel warning

Steve

Reaction score
This was posted on the ADVRider list, and I thought some of you may be interested:

Nothing big here - but something to look out for. I've had the Touratech sidepanels (little cosmetic covers which cover the frame and master cylinder below the seat) on for approx 3k and noticed a little design bug. Now I know they're functionless but they look good (especially in Mandarin).

I noticed the right side cover which has a small half hole for the rear brake master line, was rubbing a hole in my rear brake master line.

Problem is the hole's not wide or deep enough to give the master fluid line a roomy seating position. It rubbed a good deal of rubber off my master cylinders line, just too tight. who knows, 10 k later could of went through it for a real bleeding?

FIX = EASY = fine grit sandpaper, wrapped round a sharpie fat marker, rubbed a wider hole in that small half a hole. Took all of 5 seconds.

Thanks for the warning. I'll check mine when I get home tonight.

On another, related, topic...

I normally get off the bike with the sidestand already down and rest it on that stand as part of the process. (Little legs, you see) Then I put the bike onto the centre stand.

It wasn't until I realised my Touratech sidepanel was showing a crack that I realised I was using my left knee to take the weight of the bike as I transferred from sidestand to centre stand - holding the stand down with my left foot, but pushing it upright using my left knee.

I don't think it was designed to take that load, somehow...

Regards, Norman

Hey guys-these side panels by Touratech,do they do them for the Adventure,any pics on any sites anywhere? Are they ready coloured? And how much?

Wunderlich and Touratech do sidepanels for the Adventure.
Try-
Your local BMW dealer or
Bracken - Touratech
SPC - Wunderlich.

I was just about to treat myself to a pair, which ones are best Tourtec or Wunderlik?

The price difference is about £20, but for that you get real carbon fibre.

Scurrel,

Thanks for that, I agree that they look the best, Glad that I asked now, I had never heard of boxerdesign before, so many thanks, you just cost me £110.

Andrew

I want some...

Steve,

Where did you buy them from....?

I contacted MotorWorks as the UK distributor and I was quoted £121.19 for the panels plus an EXTRA £61.75 for painting them....totally ludicrous....the usual UK rip off story.

So who did you buy yours off and how much mate!

Re: I want some...

Lord Snooty said:
Steve,

Where did you buy them from....?

Mi Lud,

I bought mine from Fallert in Germany, when they first came out. They cost me about £220!! They're a lot cheaper now at Boxer Design.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom