The Wall is Built!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had this in from Anita this morning:

Hi Dennis,

Da da!!!!!!! The Great wall of Bansang Hospital is now complete, together with large metal gates.You've done it, what an achievement !!!!!!!

The maintenance of the scoots, you will have to let me know the best way to proceed.

Attached photos,The ambulance was donated by the Cosford air ambulance crew, log books being kept fuel monitored etc.
Patient arriving on horse cart. Viper snake found under night watchman's bed. The Great Wall of Bansang Hospital. Patients and the truck arriving with more supplies from the last 40 foot container.

A big thank you and love to you and all the team,
Anita

Attachments

• DSC02399.JPG
    DSC02399.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 314
  • DSC02401.JPG
    DSC02401.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC02402.JPG
    DSC02402.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC02429.JPG
    DSC02429.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC02509.JPG
    DSC02509.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 307
And a few more

The next 5 pics!

Attachments

• DSC02510.JPG
    DSC02510.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC02511.JPG
    DSC02511.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC02514.JPG
    DSC02514.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC02571.JPG
    DSC02571.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC02595.JPG
    DSC02595.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 286
Great photos Dennis and great achievement.

On a foggy miserable Monday morning, those photos put life into perspective a bit. :)

Sid

Dennis....this is fantastic news!!...see what writing a book about a load of old tossers can do!!......:) :D :bounce1 :clap :bow .....xx

Blimey ... what a fantastic achievement :bow

Well done to the TITS team, you must be so proud of yourselves and quite rightly too.

:clap x

having just re-read Anita's email, can I just correct the impression that ALL the money was raised from Book sales.

Whilst that was certainly a big chunk of the money. All the TITS team, the UKGSER forum members, the GSCLUB UK members, the customers at the Stags (Ians - MrIfan's local) and many, many others made very substantial contributions to the overall total raised.

And let's not forget that the work is far from over....the scoots still need servicing, repairs and yes, eventually replacement. Last but not least watch this space for the outcome of forthcomming talks at the Llangollen meeting in a couple of weeks time regarding what we do next.

Whatever it is we will undoubtable need loads of your support.....:thumb2

:beerjug:

Dennis....this is fantastic news!!...see what writing a book about a load of old tossers can do!!......:) :D :bounce1 :clap :bow .....xx

That's a great achievement by all concerned :thumb2

Imagine how big the wall would have been if the book had been any good :D

Last but not least watch this space for the outcome of forthcomming talks at the Llangollen meeting in a couple of weeks time regarding what we do next.

'Forthcoming talks'??....that means I'll have to stay sober......Darn.....does that mean I'm not allowed any of the Nigel that night??.....:D :beerjug:

Fantastic news:thumb :thumb :thumb

On the down side, there was a short piece on BBC Look East this morning regarding Bansang. Aparently the new Children's Ward has been infested by termites that have caused structural damage to the wooden frames and have forced parts of the ward to be closed.

I don't know much more than this, but it shows how the battle to survive and improve the lives of these desperately poor people in such a hostile environment is never ending.

On the lighter side....................

I'm glad we didn't build a wooden wall:bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Somebody would have nicked it for a fire...
Cynical. Moi!
Is there some other kind of work going to be done to eradicate the termites? Is the CEO going to be able to afford (ha, ha) to do something about it?

Great news about the wall, Dennis.:thumb2 See you in a couple of weeks.:Motomartin

Back
Top Bottom