Beak Transplant

Lucky Luke

on sale soon:

359769-M.jpg

554341-M.jpg

652976-M.jpg

Hi Luke
Looks very good. Same question from me...how much ? Also does it require any modifications or is it a straight bolt on ? Are you still able to use the standard indicators ? Will the Adventure beak protector fit it ?
At the right price I am very interested.
Cheers
Gecko

Hi,

i'm very interested - at the right price - too.
Any ideas hom much, how long to go ?

Phil

Whats that....?

Sorry don't need a beak 2003 models already have them, but what have you done (or somebody else) to the left hand exhaust front pipe, and what is the 'yellow' stuff on the rear swingarm pivot area?

The beak looks good, and so does the M/X tyre on the back!:tigger

Check his link, pics of the whole development and knobblies front and rear!

Mechanic,

You are taking the piss right? Please tell me you are not serious...your credibility is on the line.

Re: Whats that....?

The Mechanic said:
and what is the 'yellow' stuff on the rear swingarm pivot area?

Mech,

it's an 1100, so it's probably the Touratech hardpart strengthening thingy...

Yeah yeah,

Yeah, yeah I know its a Touratech hard part that stops the gearbox and the frame from cracking when you go off-road or carry loads, heaps of luggage etc etc etc. But as the bike is in the guys workshop it never hurts to ask for more info, I mean there may be some improvement to the mountings that have been carried out e.g more strengthening. I dunno I'm just being the 'devils advocate here.:rolleyes:

Another closer look.

Me again, when I first looked at the piccys I thought the exhaust had been cut and re-positioned, now I've cleaned me specs I see I got excited for nothing.

By the way if the Touratech (frame strengthener) hard part is needed to prevent damage to the gearbox/ frame location then surely the original part is not fit for the purpose as the bike is designed with both on and off road capabilities, and should be quite capable of taking a few rough landings and 'normal luggage' loads in its stride. Just my immediate thoughts.

Finished now, off to the opticians if I can find the door handle...which way does it work now?

Oh and I already made me own front 'hard part' as soon as I'd ordered the bike......collected the bits ready to fit when I got the bike home that is.

Look in the background of those piccys and you'll see 'yellow stuff' sticking out of a box on the cabinet, another reason for the question....bye now:p

Lucky Luke said:
on sale soon:
554341-M.jpg

Thanx for the positive reactions

Its me on me beemer. :D

As for the price, I hope to find that out this week. And I think it must be on sale from October onward (that is 2003).
I will be visiting the Milano EICMA motorcycle show (this is in the 3rd week of September) and after that Paris.

As for mounting it will be an unpainted "plug and play" thing, mounted with 4 boults and OEM indicators can be fitted. the part not included is the OEM tank-beak rubber. At this point it is cheaper to buy it you self from the dealers.

Hope to come up with a good price real soon.

B-art

Lucky Luke said:
269 euro (£187,-) unpainted.
I'm finally getting mine this week.

where, when, how ? so how do the rest of us mere mortals get our hands on one ?

~Stef~

He its me and luck after he crash-tested the B-beak.

It survived :hapybnce:

B-art

the B-beaker

I'm new to this site. Your "Beak Transplant" is quite a welcome.
Is it available? From whom? How much? How fast can I get it?

Dave U.

Sorry for the late reply , I am not a regular visitor.

You can order a B-beak at:

vdbogaard(at)b-art.etrade.nl (at is changed against virus)

It is a 2 peace kit with rubber strips.
It can be fitted to a plastic tank or a steel tank.
In the EU it is 269 euro ex transport.
for the US it is 296- 16% tax.

B-art

And here's the result of the nosejob done to my trusty GS:

max_kool2.jpg

max_kool1.jpg

max_kool3.jpg

Good job B-art :thumb and Roland (for the paint). :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom