Thanks Timpo

More

More pictures, More to come if you want!!

Attachments

• Llangollen May 07 (61).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (61).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Llangollen May 07 (62).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (62).jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 433
  • Llangollen May 07 (64).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (64).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 442
Nice photos.. and well done..

I wimped out and took the water option for the day :D . But the photos look great. Sounds like an epic indeedy.. well done folks! Any more pics?? :cool:

I thought it was a great day out. There was nothing that couldn't be done on a GS other than the pass right at the end (that only the pogo's did).

If you can't afford to take a big heavy bike off road and smash it up then a) get something smaller and cheaper instead of bitchin' or b) stick to roads.

Timpo did a good job and I learned much of the DRZ thanks to the routes he chose. :thumb2

Yes, unfortunately there is a rider in the foliage under his bike:aidan

Yep thats me just checking the age of the tree:augie

Im afraid I didnt last much longer after this, lost me bottle etc, totally exhausted, think I must be gettin:rob only fell off 6 times, so thanks to everyone, it was kin brill:thumb2 and boy did I struggle getin home, could only just swing me leg over the bike, oh and it was a long walk back at 4.00am sunday mornin to the camp site:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Steve

Though I don't agree with Sid (nor the moderator who jumped in) I do think it's good of Sid to follow up and conclude he might have got unlucky and he's prepapred to give a GS event another go. The fact that everyone did not jump in and have a right go is, I think, a big plus.

It's all about fun, Sid got none and we got plenty, I hope he comes along again and has a blast.

Llangollen off road ride-out.

Oh, I best acknowlegde this feedback, some which I read as negative, this being a first in the 15 years I have been leading trail rides in the Welsh lanes.
Many thanks to the riders who made it to the end of the day, and well done, I hope you were exhausted and slept well that night.
A 'well done' goes to the riders who had a good crack at the route and gave it their best, I enjoyed watching you try and you should feel proud of your progress made.
As for the early retirees, I've not much comment, as I'm not sure you should have been there. The reason for this escapes me, but maybe you have not read any earlier postings regarding this day's ride, or in fact any of the ride-outs I have set out for riders from this site. If my ride was not to your liking or expectations, then I am sorry.
UKGSER Moderator 'Tuned In' was ill informed, judging by the comments he made, and he apologised if his hearsay was in-correct. I accept the apology as his listened-to whispers were utter tosh. The number of Pogos and the 45min wait were total fiction. Alternative routes were given to the heavier GSs whilst the 650s could have a crack at a more technical lane or two, but the timing was neither here nor there, where a 3/4 of an hour came from is beyond me! Hew, Timolgra, Tina, Snoopy and myself were on pogo steeds, this was not half the bikes that left the Hand Hotel car park at 1015hrs.
And the reason I chose to lead the ride aboard an XR600 was for the welfare of the GSers attending, as many times I had to u-turn at critical points to assist recovery and give advice to any riders so needing it. Pictures show me off my bike in needy areas and the posted threads from attending riders support this.
I am not a local to Llangollen, in fact I live 45miles away and the recce required a few visits to that area and contact with Wrexham County Council regarding the passage of routes blocked earlier in the year's storms.

So where do I go from here?
Well anybody is still welcome to contact me and I will take them on a ride on some of the remaining best lanes this country has to offer. But if you're not in the best of health or your attitude isn't 100% positive, then don't bother. The place will always be filled by somebody that's up for it.....and remember that nobody gets left behind, irrespective of their ability.

Timpo.

More pics

Nearly done!

Attachments

• Llangollen May 07 (45).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (45).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 369
  • Llangollen May 07 (52).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (52).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Llangollen May 07 (57).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (57).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 378
  • Llangollen May 07 (65).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (65).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 382
  • Llangollen May 07 (69).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (69).jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 350
Even more pics

Are you bored yet!!

Attachments

• Llangollen May 07 (71).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (71).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 399
  • Llangollen May 07 (73).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (73).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Llangollen May 07 (74).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (74).jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 391
  • Llangollen May 07 (75).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (75).jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 387
  • Llangollen May 07 (84).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (84).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 388
Thats all folks

There thats most of them.
Right back to work!
Here I am surrounded by bicycles that need fixing, a mountain of paper work to catch up on, but I don't care 'cause 4 days later I'm still buzzing.
That weekend was what it's all about.
THANK YOU TIMPO YOU the man!!!:thumb2

Attachments

• Llangollen May 07 (88).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (88).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 428
  • Llangollen May 07 (93).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (93).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 415
  • Llangollen May 07 (94).jpg
    Llangollen May 07 (94).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 429
Now I've got the hang of things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjm2_YPRzg

How do you post with the You Tube image to click on?

From the link above - copy the contents of the "Embed" box

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xjm2_YPRzg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xjm2_YPRzg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSNkK5P0-uc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSNkK5P0-uc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Great ride

Looks like a great ride :D
Must get some Knobblies before next year, if someone is still willing to lead :rolleyes: and my bike keeps running :(

A few years back I got a HD:ymca riding mate of mine into Green Laning and then persuaded him to do a TBEC Enduro (Faily Easy Courses ususally).
He only managed half a lap and pulled out saying that he found it to difficult, despite the fact that he had been riding for years and still does. Yet me and my other friends could find nothing difficult about the course at all. So it just goes to show that you can't please everyone.

Looking tricky spout

Yep. Thanks to Timpo - nicely balanced ride. Some old favourites but plenty of new lanes. Great day.
Thanks also to Hew for being back marker for most of the day - certainly made 'gating' a lot easier.
I assume everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Sorry I had to rush home after.

PS It was nice to see Ken's bike in "horizontal mode" again :D

Spout,

Good to see you out and about and that HP still runing. Wish same could be said for barry!!! heap of sh1t at the mo.

Drop me a mail on casey.thomas@hotmail.com for a catch up. Want to call for a chat.

All good here and I sure do miss that UK country side.... hmmm how many air miles have I got racked up.....

Casey

Some of the guys such as Spout, Trippy and Johnny Boxer can hopefully confirm that I am not a novice off road

Don't bring me into it you moaning useless f-cker I wasn't even there ;)

It looks like a fairly hard days off roading and loads of fun.
Reading Sid and JB's posts it does sound as if it could have been kept together a bit better though.

For what its worth -
I never drink much on the friday evening cos I want to enjoy the rides on saturday.
I think GS weekends are for GS's, I don't understand people using other bikes, would the road ride organisers and partisipants want a load of Bandits, Fazers, Blades and ZXR's along for the day? (The next thing we know someone will turn up on a KTM 300 EXC :augie )
Its about being a GSer man :thumb2

Oh and great pictures everyone.

Nearly time to go home :beer:

To those who like easier, more organisation and order to their rides I look forward to you organising one:thumb
------
If on the day Sid Horman was 'under the weather' then I guess he did the right thing and left the ride, the last thing anyone wants along is either a liability or a whinger.

Sid,
Thanks for your post. I found it very useful. I've been keeping half an eye out for this sort of thing as I really enjoyed the BMW off road day, and as a relative beginner I wondered what it was really like beyond the yeehaas and self-congratulatory backslapping.
I think now I'd be better off with the BMW Stage 2 weekend. No offence to the organiser, but after reading the thread and the quotes above, I don't think I'd like it. :)

Timolgra, are you not allowed to criticise an event unless you can (and can be bothered to) organise a better one yourself?
It's all a bit "do you wanna be in our gang ?"

Sid,
Thanks for your post. I found it very useful. I've been keeping half an eye out for this sort of thing as I really enjoyed the BMW off road day, and as a relative beginner I wondered what it was really like beyond the yeehaas and self-congratulatory backslapping.
I think now I'd be better off with the BMW Stage 2 weekend. No offence to the organiser, but after reading the thread and the quotes above, I don't think I'd like it. :)
"

Enjoy your weekend:thumb2
Must have been a tough call though as its taken you 2 months to decide:)
Wasn't the weather great then?

Back
Top Bottom