Thanks Timpo

Timolgra, are you not allowed to criticise an event unless you can (and can be bothered to) organise a better one yourself?
It's all a bit "do you wanna be in our gang ?"

:clap :clap :clap
I do:rolleyes:

Sid,
Thanks for your post. I found it very useful. I've been keeping half an eye out for this sort of thing as I really enjoyed the BMW off road day, and as a relative beginner I wondered what it was really like beyond the yeehaas and self-congratulatory backslapping.
I think now I'd be better off with the BMW Stage 2 weekend. No offence to the organiser, but after reading the thread and the quotes above, I don't think I'd like it. :)

I'm intrested... what don't you think you'd like?

Must have been a tough call though as its taken you 2 months to decide:)
Wasn't the weather great then?

Only surf some of these forums when really bored (every few months), so only just came across thread. It's something I'd like to do, but not in a "burning ambition" way. And don't want to ding my bike, really.

Wreford, I may be wrong, but I think I WOULD want it better organised for newbies, and if I DID end up feeling like that, I wouldn't want someone (who's posts seem normally very reasonable) calling me a whinger and a liability.

but I think I WOULD want it better organised for newbies, and if I DID end up feeling like that, I wouldn't want someone (who's posts seem normally very reasonable) calling me a whinger and a liability.

This ride wasn't aimed at newbies and if they bothered to read the threads leading up to the ride they would have known that.

I doubt that many organisers of rides who put a lot of time and effort into making it a great day out for everyone take kindly to having their efforts publicly crititicised, but if they do they can expect an answear.;) Timpo was rightly upset at the posts, but he's big and ugly enough to say feck ya and carry on as was:clap

I can't really see what all of this has got to do with you anyway:rolleyes: , I've ridden with the 'whinger':D a couple of times since and now consider him to be a mate who was having an off day:thumb :clap

Not again.............

Hmmm Gasman.:confused:
I wasn't expecting to see this thread again.
As mentioned, the off road ride out was not for newbies, and in the posting prior to it, plenty of detail was available of the going.
Now I've been doing ride out since 1992 and until this UKGSER day out I had never ever had a complaint.
If you turn up for my rides either half cocked or riding a sack of shit, then you will struggle, and if your sos fails, it's then down to the rest of the attendees to get you back to tarmac or further.
I find your dislike of my efforts difficult to comprehend as you have never attended.
When you feel up to it having had all your fill of expensive 'expert' tuition, get yourself up here, you'll love it and you view will be changed.....I guarantee it!
Until then, best of luck with your course.

Timpo.

I can't really see what all of this has got to do with you anyway:rolleyes: , I've ridden with the 'whinger':D a couple of times since and now consider him to be a mate who was having an off day:thumb :clap

Nicely put Tim, thank you mate. :)

I thought this was dead and buried a long time ago. When you attend events you soon realise that there is a vast difference between the bollox typed on here and how people interact out in the real world. Fortunately, we can argue on here then meet up for a beer and a ride-out and have great fun.

Time to move on folks.

Sid

I miss that glorious weather.
I am relatively new to trail riding having ridden a couple of trails on my GS prior to getting a KLX 250 in October last year concerned with the possibility of wrecking the GS but more likely myself as I often ride trails on my own.
Not long after this Timpo posted a ride up on the site and I replied explaining that I was a novice but would like to try. A week or so later I met up with Timpo and his friend Hairy at the RV and off we went. All of a sudden we turned into what looked like a dead end only to find a gap in the hedge.
After 2 short but fairly close trails I was totally out of breath and gasping for air.
On the next trail I was praying for tarmac only to find there was a river to cross.
Hairy went through whilst Timpo stayed waiting for me to cross. This continued for the rest of the day with one rider always following me to make sure I was ok.
At the end of the day I was completely knackered but had had an amazing experience.
I was extremely unfit being a virtual couch potato and really did feel it. Did I want more? Too right I did.
I have since then tried to go on as many of Timpo’s rides as I can. Sometimes I have ended up exhausted to the core such as when I rode the bog part of the Motorway. The promise that no one gets left behind has held true. Each time someone is waiting at the end of the lane or if sufficient time has passed someone comes back to help after all there must be an expectation to have to put some effort in.
I am now completely obsessed with trail riding and have gained so much from taking part in these rides in both meeting great people, views and being shown some fantastic lanes. I’m still not very good at it but have great fun trying.
I am sure that you will enjoy the BMW course but isn’t there a part of you that wants to try something different. There were rides posted recently at the Hogroast didn’t one of them interest you.
So any backslapping I do is from a genuine sense of being grateful for being led on a great trail ride. So in case you missed it the first time.

Thanks Timpo:beerjug:

Timpo said:
"I find your dislike of my efforts difficult to comprehend as you have never attended. "

I didn't say I disliked your efforts. Read the posts !
I disliked Timolgra's post.
Jeez !

I can't really see what all of this has got to do with you anyway:rolleyes:

Read the first bit of my original post then !:rolleyes: I clearly explained why I was interested in the thread.

But in a way you're right. My mistake to intrude !!

I disliked Timolgra's post.
Jeez !

But in a way you're right. My mistake to intrude !!

The post above from Sid, clearly shows that if anyone should dislike my posts it would be him and he doesn't have a problem with it, in fact the next time I met him he was drinking my beer:D :beer:
I still stand by what I said and I'm sure Timpo and others that know and ride with me understand exactly what I was saying, you on the other hand.....

OK, but come on and admit it, it's like big brother: people say things in the diary room and out of earshot that they wouldn't say face to face. Human nature and probably a good thing too!
:beerjug:

Go charley !!

Bottom line... you wanted an reason to book another BMW course and Sid's intial post gave yoy that.

However you needed validation so you had to post and make judgement

things then went tits up

The rest is history

Hey Timpo..
I was in trakspares i think it was called today.
Sound bloke in there very friendly and helpfull..
Spoke about you highly.
Would love to join you guys on a ride out one day.
Have a gs but on road tyres and also have a drz in garage but its my ex girl feinds but may ask her toi sell it. so could you tell me when and where you off to next..
Cheers
Martin

timpo

:clap
Hmmm Gasman.:confused:
I wasn't expecting to see this thread again.
As mentioned, the off road ride out was not for newbies, and in the posting prior to it, plenty of detail was available of the going.
Now I've been doing ride out since 1992 and until this UKGSER day out I had never ever had a complaint.
If you turn up for my rides either half cocked or riding a sack of shit, then you will struggle, and if your sos fails, it's then down to the rest of the attendees to get you back to tarmac or further.
I find your dislike of my efforts difficult to comprehend as you have never attended.
When you feel up to it having had all your fill of expensive 'expert' tuition, get yourself up here, you'll love it and you view will be changed.....I guarantee it!
Until then, best of luck with your course.
Hey I have no clue what I am doing here and not kinow how to get your reply.
would love to hook up with you guys.
Could you contact me please via mg.rankin@btopenworld.com please
so i could have what looks to be an awesome ride out ..
Many thanks.
Martin:
Timpo.

Hey Timpo..
I was in trakspares i think it was called today.
Sound bloke in there very friendly and helpfull..
Spoke about you highly.
Would love to join you guys on a ride out one day.
Have a gs but on road tyres and also have a drz in garage but its my ex girl feinds but may ask her toi sell it. so could you tell me when and where you off to next..
Cheers
Martin

Mold, 0830hrs, Sat 28th Nov, 2009.
Get the bike bought and I'll see you there........ and, the lad's name is Rhys, he don't tell lies.......:green gri

Timpo.

Hey Timpo..
Can not get bike for weekend. Sadly. but still working on it.
Anyone got a decent bike for sale..
Hope i will get on a ride soon..
Cheers mate have fun
Martin

I hate reading threads like this....sounds like a pretty standard sort of trail ride....standard being bloody good fun.....makes me realise how much I miss my off road biking....and makes me want to get out there again!!!

anyone got a halfway decent drz/whatever for sale?

:blast

Hey Timpo..
Can not get bike for weekend. Sadly. but still working on it.
Anyone got a decent bike for sale..
Hope i will get on a ride soon..
Cheers mate have fun
Martin

go and look at Kennys:thumb

Back
Top Bottom