Who's home and dry ?!!

Herr Schoen, more to th epoint, why are you on the board at 05.10?

As Reichsprotektor and Head of Security for Oonyackistan, I seldom sleep.

166879709-L-1.jpg

...a close look at my "reißversluß" might give a clue where the Helmut Schön came from...:augie

166879709-L-1.jpg

...a close look at my "reißversluß" might give a clue where the Helmut Schön came from...:augie

Is the little soldier trying to escape.... or is that a way to keep the flys off your food:augie

166879709-L-1.jpg

Who's that on the right, patting the head of the invisible kid?

Who's that on the right, patting the head of the invisible kid?

No . he's saying " Ven you start zee goosestepping , Ya. The regulation height of zee foot must reach here. OK Ya.

Thats us home now....at last.
Got down to Dundee on Sunday. The tay bridge was closed due to strong roadworks. Decided to take the ferry across the Tay to Fife as it was parked nearby. It was called the SS Discovery and looked a bit shabby.
We rode on board and were welcomed by the captain who I believe was called Scott.
The boat wasnt leaving for a while, so we settled down in our cabin for a well earned sleep after our GOTC over indulgence.

Bugger me ... when we woke up we were headed south in open seas.
I asked two sailors, brothers, who were named Terry and Del fuego where we were headed.
Antartic ... they said.
Feck Louise ...we've got on the wrong boat, I shouted to Louise, who was busy pulling a rope.
Later that evening we hatched a plot.
The crew were drunk on rum as we sneaked into the bridge and quietly pressed the 'route home' button on the compass.
As dawn broke on Friday, we were ever so glad to see Tayport off the Starboard bow ... or was it the port bow.
Anyhoo, Captain Scott wasn't best pleased about this detour. I told him that he should have checked our tickets more carefully.
He said he had forgotten the wax for the sledge runners anyway and headed off in the direction of Blacks outdoor supplies to get some.
Alls well that ends well I suppose.

Here is a photo of the boat as we were waiting to embark.
For those who know the boat you will notice that a new glass and steel structure with an observation dome has recently been fitted.

Attachments

• sat nav brack 016 (Medium).jpg
    sat nav brack 016 (Medium).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 159
Here is a photo of the boat as we were waiting to embark.
Well I always thought that the primer (un)finished Adventure would look best without the red bits on the tank and the seat, this photo proves it. :thumb2

(Having a black engine only adds to the effect too).

Nice Den, very nice.:clap

Just got back to London. Spent the week following The Gathering touring through Scotland and Ireland......wet the whole damn time....we can't go to Ireland and complain about the weather I suppose. Great riding though.

It was good to meet you all and hope to meet a lot more next week in Andover.

Thanks to Ronno and crew for setting the whole thing up.

Small world alert ..... queuing up for the Ferry yesterday at Dun Laoghaire and the only 3 bikes besides mine heading out are all 1200's piloted by Tossers. I met Janie and Andy on their way back home and davidgibson999 on his way to Spain. Seems the worse the weather the higher the tosser/biker ratio gets. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom