Fords ride Saturday...please read if you're going

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As I've been forced out of retirement :rolleyes: there will as usual be a fords run from the Hog Raost this year.

We'll leave at around 10.30 but there will be a briefing ten minutes before so that everyone knows what's going on.

Out of all of the fords rides I lead, this one is my favourite for the quality of the fords and the fun we have at them......they're all doable on Tourances, they're all gravel bottomed without big rocks or anything and there are some nice roads to get between them.

There are a fair few that we'll get round, so there will be a limit on the number of people on this run......too many gets too slow and dangerous on the road when we're parked up, so I'd like a maximum of 16 bikes on the run.

If there are more than 16 who want to go, I'll set up a second fords ride that will leave 5 minutes after and do the route in reverse......again though, max 16 bikes so PLEASE INDICATE BELOW IF YOU WANT TO COME so I can pre-arrange the second ride if needed :)

We will be using the drop off system ,but don't worry, if you haven't used it before I'll cover it at the briefing.

Some pics to whet your appetite (sorry Thunder , nicking most of these from your thread last year ;) )

'UNSUITABLE FOR MOTORS'
.......Not an advisory sign, but a blatant challenge :D

DSCN0646.jpg

ford 1, just down the road from the Hograost site and the deepest of the day.....perfect for spectating though.

DSCN0648.jpg

This is where Wizard came to grief last year by going too fast and drowning his bike..the bike became famous as 'Red October' :D :rolleyes:

DSCN0682.jpg

Chalky giving it some style with his lovely daughter Beth on the back

DSCN0686.jpg

I'm afraid I can't remember whose lad I had on the back for this one, but it's a great ford. All of these are doable two up, so bring yer partners on the ride :thumb2

DSCN0699.jpg

Formation fording :D

DSCN0702.jpg

Wouldn't dream of missing it. . . .:thumb2

Will bring Mrs Toad as photographer again.

One of my favourite fords in the whole country......over 300mtres long but shallow and easy to ride.....just don't turn to soon across the mill pond at the other end 'cos thats about 16 foot deep :eek: :D

DSCN0719.jpg

Casey and his lovely other half, and I think Speggo in front on his airhead

DSCN0724.jpg

There really are some nice fords on this run....I can't wait :D

IMG_1586.jpg

:augie :augie :augie :augie
HogRaost2005015.jpg

Another one, the first ford again but it's a great shot...Tim and Tina showing off the stylish way of doing it :D
80470831-M.jpg

Sue at the last ford '06
81401887-M.jpg

Quick question, I want to be up for this but I assume it's an alternative to either Steptoe's or Paul's off road ride outs.

Being new to Baker's private party, am I right in thinking that you pick one of the 3 ride outs to go on as they all run roughly at the same time?

Quick question, I want to be up for this but I assume it's an alternative to either Steptoe's or Paul's off road ride outs.

Being new to Baker's private party, am I right in thinking that you pick one of the 3 ride outs to go on as they all run roughly at the same time?

As Shapeshifter says, yep, correct.

The fords ride will be all day......we'll get back to scoff prok at about 5.30-6, and there are a fair few fords which is why I want to keep numbers down a bit so we can cover them all :)

We'll stop for a pub lunch probably down at Clatford again, about half way around.

Forgot to mention....BRING CAMERAS!!!!!

I'll have my helmet cam on, and the more pics we can get the better :D

Have a good day...

Don't think I will be joining you this time (although I hugely enjoyed videoing the Llangollen fords). The bike is back on the road and I had enough practice fording along the Bridgenorth Kidderminster road in the floods a couple of weeks ago!

P6190285.jpg

V.soggy Tractor Pilot - wishing he could see, then wondering if he really wants to! Wish I had worn contacts. Superb fun - looks of disbelief from car drivers were priceless.

Bear in mind Vern took this after he had crossed the particular flood so the water depth only shows what it was like at the end of the crossing.

...of course after :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I may see things differently!

Hi Fanum the lads name is arron, I'll be there this time with my younger daughter, Beth says a big Hi.
ATB
Chalky

Sadly we won't be able to make it :( :( :( :( Another reletive tying the knot :nenau

Hoping you all get a good dose of sunshine and have fun. We'll be looking for the pictures, to see how many end up getting wet :D

I'm sure we'll be seeing some of you at the East Mids in August.

So untill then ride safe and have fun Val.

Been raining a lot, more forecast. Anyone got a spare rubber dinghy, diving kit and portable hoist for retrieving the more adventurous?

Been raining a lot, more forecast. Anyone got a spare rubber dinghy, diving kit and portable hoist for retrieving the more adventurous?

It's gonna be interesting isn't it :D

I'm leading the ride on the GS obviously, but the Landy will be on site if anyone drowns their bike too badly........recover equipment and winch etc. :augie

Doesn't need to be all that deep to wreck an engine, we saw off a KTM 950 in 2 foot of water at the weekend:eek:

Doesn't need to be all that deep to wreck an engine, we saw off a KTM 950 in 2 foot of water at the weekend:eek:

It was less that that at the first one on the Hograost ride last year and Wizard shagged his.

Mind you, that was a 1200, so anything more than a puddle........:augie

Back
Top Bottom