Thank you Steptoe

Tractorpilot

Reaction score
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
First off-road run ever, perhaps not too surprising I was also first to fall off (but not the last!). I really enjoyed the day and look forward to seeing how the photos come out (I think).

Cheers to all the rest of the people on the run, didn't get all the names but great company and thanks for the assists on getting the bike upright.

Hope to see you all again soon. TKs on the bike next. Morrocco next year!!

Neil

seconds on this Steptoe :thumb :thumb ....Good introduction to the plains...if a bit slippy in places...think I'm gonna have to look me into some off-road traing now so I can F**K up a rental bike.

Thanks

Me too - the run was challenging but loads of fun and a complete hoot. It was great to be able to use the GS in it's intended environment, and I was well impressed with it's capabilities ('nuff said about mine :augie, BMW course already booked :thumb)

And a big thanks to everyone on the run for all the pushing, lifting, (leg) pulling and general abuse.

And again Steptoe a big thankyou:thumb from the cornish convoy crew who took part in your ride thats Smiler,yl100twin(Allen & chris), Devon & me(old red & white airhead) heres some pics

dscn1015nb3.jpg

dscn1016yk8.jpg

dscn1017ra8.jpg

dscn1018pv9.jpg

dscn1019lf6.jpg

dscn1020hh8.jpg

dscn1022yw5.jpg

dscn1024nk4.jpg

dscn1025zb2.jpg

dscn1026vp1.jpg

dscn1027bc6.jpg

dscn1028bw5.jpg

dscn1029yd0.jpg

dscn1030ir1.jpg

dscn1031ev2.jpg

dscn1032ve7.jpg

dscn1033kl9.jpg

dscn1034pv2.jpg

dscn1035as5.jpg

dscn1036ba2.jpg

dscn1037zz7.jpg

dscn1038js8.jpg

dscn1041ao2.jpg

dscn1040pv0.jpg

dscn1042se3.jpg

dscn1043dh9.jpg

also a big thankyou to Bakerman & his gang:thumb2
Geoff

What a cracking ride out. A big thanks to Steptoe. It ws my first time off road on the GS. Here are a few pics:

Steptoe showing us how to do it:

steptoe2.jpg

Then watching on as we attempt the climb...

looking-on.jpg

plain1.jpg

plain2.jpg

plain3.jpg

No Cowboys allowe
no-cowboys.jpg
d:

plain-4.jpg

plain5.jpg

plain6.jpg

I recognize one of those characters.

I didn't realise you were in our group - which bike were you on? I was wearing the purple rucksack and riding a pacific blue 1150.

I recognize one of those characters.

I didn't realise you were in our group - which bike were you on? I was wearing the purple rucksack and riding a pacific blue 1150.
Hi Tobermory Womble
Are you refering to the shot of the two guys picking up your bike two photos above your post,if so i'm the one on the left i was riding the old red & white R100GSPD

Cheers Geoff:thumb
ps should i have blanked out the reg plates.:confused:

dscn1066bb5.jpg

It was a really enjoyable day on a very enjoyable weekend :thumb2
Looking at these pictures brings it all back :)

Hi Tobermory Womble
Are you refering to the shot of the two guys picking up your bike two photos above your post,if so i'm the one on the left i was riding the old red & white R100GSPD

Cheers Geoff:thumb
ps should i have blanked out the reg plates.:confused:

Hi Geoff,

We did chat that night - I knew you'd helped out and I wanted to say thanks (I'm the Irish chap who was chatting round the fire). And I was heavily jealous about your PD, but that might just because it would have been easier to pick up :eek: Also, it was being used like a proper PD and not being cosseted :thumb2

I was just a bit surprised to be in a group with Bateman and not realise it, as I've seen several of his posts and for some reason I'd assumed that he wouldn't have been in the 'strollers' team.

Hi Geoff,

I was just a bit surprised to be in a group with Bateman and not realise it, as I've seen several of his posts and for some reason I'd assumed that he wouldn't have been in the 'strollers' team.

Not only was I in the "strollers" group, I was at the back most of the time! That is why there are no photos that I took looking at the front of the bike/rider. I was actually the person on the other blue and white 1150 :thumb2

Of course I was purely there for back up in case Steptoe needed to demonstrate some of the more complex techniques ;)

Unfortunately I had to depart after the lunch stop and head back to sunny Bournemouth. In all honesty, I am not a particularly skillful rider - on or off the road, so was happy to follow the group from the rear. Had a cracking day and it was a shame I couldn't stay for Friday night. Luckily I didn't manage to drop the bike though I came very close on a few occasions.

And not forgetting Whatton who played tail-end Charlie and helped keep things running sweetly :thumb2

Not only was I in the "strollers" group, I was at the back most of the time! That is why there are no photos that I took looking at the front of the bike/rider. I was actually the person on the other blue and white 1150 :thumb2

Of course I was purely there for back up in case Steptoe needed to demonstrate some of the more complex techniques ;)

Unfortunately I had to depart after the lunch stop and head back to sunny Bournemouth. In all honesty, I am not a particularly skillful rider - on or off the road, so was happy to follow the group from the rear. Had a cracking day and it was a shame I couldn't stay for Friday night. Luckily I didn't manage to drop the bike though I came very close on a few occasions.

You did stay friday night dont you remember :D

thanks to steptoe for a great day, very interesting two up! we both enjoyed it ,thanks again steptoe.

Steptoe is it right you've sacked yer tail end charlie?
I heard he lost one soon after leaving the campsite :D

Thanks Steptoe

It was my first time off road and having just started riding again after a broken foot I was a bit wary but I had a great time! The challenges were just about spot on. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. The rest of the riders were friendly and altogether it was a top day out on the GS. Thaks very much.

Back
Top Bottom