Buell 1125R

Some of us will be going to look at it at launch - it's mental!!!

Good HP but suprisingly low on torque at 84 ft/lbs - it looks like a lot of fun though :D

Sounds like a lot of torque to me. That's about how much my K1200S made. With the Buell's short wheelbase, an injudicious application of throttle may flip the damned thing over backward. :eek:
No more than the HP2 - it is just that I thought these American V Twin things were torque monsters, even if this is a Rotax lump.

No more than the HP2 - it is just that I thought these American V Twin things were torque monsters, even if this is a Rotax lump.

The HP2 and my K1200S have a very long wheelbase. Buells, on the other hand, always felt a bit unstable to me when hard on the throttle (or front brake) due to their stubby dimensions. And that's with the old Sportster motor which doesn't make the kind of power the Rotax engine does. Still, you can bet I'll be among the first in line for a test ride. ;)

Is it just me or does it look a bit like a Cagiva Mito? :nenau

Looks a lot better in this photo.

pic5-1024.jpg

Buells - Bought mostly by people who just want to be different, and no other (engineering) reason.

Like the people who work in offices and feel the need to wear "funny" ties or braces. They could be called personality bikes, bought by people who have no personality of their own, but need to look like they have. :hide :D

Back
Top Bottom