MOTÖRHEAD pics & blurb

(RIP) MOTÖRHEAD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Friday night saw me go off road for the first time with Clive's jaunt in the dark.
Cutting my teeth for the first time and I was clad I'd spent out on a set of TKCs.
I believe it was Tom's firt off road as well and he took the plunge with his 1200 shod with Tourance. What a bloke. He had more guts than me for doing that.
Managed to take a few ill posed pics during the brief time we stopped.

A big thanks to Clive for a very entertaining evenings riding. It may have been just a bimble for most of the party but I think folk could tell I was on a high when I got to the bar back at the Rugby club.
Big Grin :D

Attachments

• Tom.jpg
    Tom.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 670
  • Timolgra.jpg
    Timolgra.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCF0492.jpg
    DSCF0492.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 665
  • Clive&Pillion.jpg
    Clive&Pillion.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 669
yes I really enjoyed that ride too:thumb and glad I went as I unexpectedly had to get home on Saturday:thedummy

Thanks for posting the pics Motorhead. Looks like I need to change my jacket, mine doesn't 'glow in the dark' like everyone elses! :)

Thanks for planning the route Clive. :thumb2

After asking Clive's advise on what group to go with on Saturdays little adventures, a decision of trying my hand in Paul's Intermediate Plains Ride Out was made.
Yes, I would have the least (read as 'NO') experience, but as I hadn't come a cropper during the night ride, I should at least think about giving it a go.

I had an absolutely fabulous time. Hard work, but a fabulous time.
Most of the folk in the group seemed to be old hands at this stuff and am really grateful for putting up with 'that slow bloke' at the back.
Clive was back marker & I must thank him for words of encouragement and for getting me back on track (literally) after I had my 'bail out'.
I only realise why I was getting so hot and bothered 3/4 of the way through the day - I had forgotten to take my thermal lining out of the jacket:blast :augie

Didn't catch everyone's names, but thank you all for a damn fine day & sorry if I slowed things down a bit towards the end.
Also, a massive thanks to Paul. What can I say? for me, that route was fantastic. Yes, it wasn't easy for me. If it was, I wouldn't have had half as much fun.I felt a big sense of achievement at the end.

I've seen Pumpy's & Trippy's shots and they are fantastic-got me reliving the day, and has prompted me to get my arse in gear and get my pics sorted.

These shot's aren't in a chronological order but I hope they bring back the day.
For me, the shot of Mutley just sums it up.

Attachments

• BeforeTheOff.jpg
    BeforeTheOff.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 649
  • ElaInRut.jpg
    ElaInRut.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 658
  • MutleyMuckyPup.jpg
    MutleyMuckyPup.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 695
Mor pics - 'Playing on the Plane'

Attachments

• 1200-WaterOut.jpg
    1200-WaterOut.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 650
  • 1200-WaterOut2.jpg
    1200-WaterOut2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 643
  • AfterPuddle.jpg
    AfterPuddle.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 651
  • Clive.jpg
    Clive.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 647
  • Ela&Romeo.jpg
    Ela&Romeo.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 642

Attachments

• LineOfGS.jpg
    LineOfGS.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 762
  • Portrait.jpg
    Portrait.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 639
  • Standing.jpg
    Standing.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 633
  • VillageAproach.jpg
    VillageAproach.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 630
  • MePosing.jpg
    MePosing.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 816
1) Another snapped fog light victim.
Finding a way to fasten Romeo's hanging lamp.

2) Cleaned the bike & missed a bit:D

3)A short stop to admire the stones before heading back

Attachments

• FixTheFog.jpg
    FixTheFog.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 604
  • Henge.jpg
    Henge.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,218
  • Henge2.jpg
    Henge2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 622
1) Y2Blade (Chris) doing his Aussie outback, cattle herding impression

2) gypsy (Eddie) Ex Blackbird Rider & all round hilarious geezer

3) Some bloke from the North of Watford. Shape Shifter, Rob...Yeah, that'll be the fella.

4) Simon with his white SE, ready for the off.

Attachments

• Chris.jpg
    Chris.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 608
  • gypsy.jpg
    gypsy.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 652
  • Rob-ShapeShifter.jpg
    Rob-ShapeShifter.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 619
  • Simon.jpg
    Simon.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 611
This is my first Hog Raost and it was excellent. Had a fantastic weekend and met some very genuine characters. There was always banter going on and a very good vibe through out.

A very big hats off & thanks to the 'BAKERMAN.'
Steve, you & yours, should be very proud sir. I don't know how you manage to make it all happened but whatever it is you do, keep doing it - It really works.

I still thoroughly shattered after enjoying my first time off roading, eating fine food, supping ale and meeting some thoroughly good folk.

Thank you & thanks also to the folk who helped add a grin to my face over weekend.

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 661
Nice pics chap, a thoroughly good day out as well. The level of difficulty seemed just right to me for GS's on TKC's :thumb2

And don't be fooled by what people look like, I was sh*tting myself before the off as well :eek :eek: :eek:

Nice pics chap, a thoroughly good day out as well. The level of difficulty seemed just right to me for GS's on TKC's :thumb2

And don't be fooled by what people look like, I was sh*tting myself before the off as well :eek :eek: :eek:

You still did 80 miles I checked on Pauls speedo on return, thats the same miles as the EXTREME group did.

So even with the stops thats a good and normal Sunday ride out for us two.

WELL DONE :clap

cracking pics Ben, glad you enjoyed your first hograost (you never forget your first time)

:thumb2

Great pictures and nice to meet you.

Likewise :beerjug:

And those white ones do look bloody smart when you see them for real.
Still glad you helped me get my black one though:thumb2

cracking pics Ben, glad you enjoyed your first hograost (you never forget your first time)

:thumb2
Looking forward to the next already mate :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom