TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED

I laid on for £60 two nights music, as many doughnuts as you can eat, camping two nights, food as much as you can eat, fruit as much as you can eat. tea and coffee as much as you can drink.

A guide OFF ROAD with 30 years experiance on Salisbury Plain, 8 traders that don`t have to pay for a pitch, TOILETS, a BAR and SHOWERS.

So please others answer Mr TONEDin`s post as I`m now shaking in anger.:(

P.S as long as I have a hole in my arse I WOULD NEVER HAVE A BURGER VAN !!!!!

Now you have insulted me !

Bakerman,

I don't know you and I don't know Tuned so you can ignore this or take it on board as you prefer.

Don't take it personally, don't get angry and don't be insulted. You can never please everybody. I know the amount of work involved in organising these events having organised a number of Thatch rallies for the BMW Club in the halcyon days of my youth. You do the best you can, you organise food, entertainment, rideouts etc and you still get complaints or criticism. I was criticised once because the pubs stayed open too late FFS. :nenau

Looking at the reports after the Hograost, and looking at what was supplied for the £60 it appears to have been good value for money especially given the fact that it was also in aid of a Charity.

However, also consider the fact that not everyone lives on "The Mainland" and may need to get ferries or travel long distances to attend some events, all of which adds to the cost. Look at Tuned's experience from last year and taken at face value it does indeed appear that he did not have value for money. I don't know what the details were, but try not to take it personally. That was his experience and his reasons for not attending this year. Simply that and I certainly don't read a personal attack into it.

You put on the event, did a damn fine job by all accounts, had lots of people attend who had a good time and raised money for charity. Was this your goal? If so, excellent. One persons reasons for not attending do not diminish your achievements.

Take Tuned's post and file it away maybe for consideration next year. On consideration you may feel there is merit in his comments and you may try to do things differently or you may not. Whatever, don't allow it to detract from your good feeling of a job well done.

I hope to partake of the Hog at some stage in the future, so keep up the good work. :thumb

I too take offence at Tuned In's comments. The Hograost is a Private Party to raise money for The Gateway Charity, without Bakes and this incredible GS community it just wouldn't exist.

For £60 we provide
1) two evening meals with ample "snack attack" nibbles of fruit and doughnuts with tea or coffee
2) excellent evening entertainment
3) a safe level camp site with ample toilets and showers
4) numerous ride-outs
5) a bar with flexible hours with drinks at "club" as opposed to "pub" prices
6) bingo on Friday and an interesting talk on Sunday
7) the opportunity to purchase various bling and the chance to win lush prizes

Bakes takes at least six months to organise the Hograost and, being the ultimate sensitive and gentle man he is, suffers in silence numerous periods of angst and planning trauma (although needless to say his wonderful family and those close to him also share this burden). Perhaps your comments would have been better introduced via PM or phone call in the first instance, though I suspect they will form part of some cowardly premeditated multi-pronged attack.

I shall continue to provide large financial sponsorship to this event and am honoured to be The Bakerman's Hograost assistant.

Chris TFT (aka Bakes's Slave)
I've read this thread carefully and feel compelled to add my halfpenny's worth. I do not think Tuned In's post is in anyway cowardly. Quite the reverse really judging by the tone of some of the replies. I also don't consider his post to be personally insulting to Bakerman or Chris TFT.
It's understandable for Bakes and Chris to feel agrieved because of the hard work they obviously put into the organisation of the event.
Fortunately we all have choices and Tuned chose not to attend this event because he believed the cost to be excessive.
He also articulated in his post that it was his opinion. Is the man not entitled to articulate his opinion just as the "opposing camp" are entitled to theirs?
Get over it lads.

Not a problem here either re ticket price .I was unable to take part in the rideouts due to ill health but was worth it to see my mates face after he came back from them :D
As for doughnuts i only had one
(a tray does count as one doesn't it ?)
There is a tremendous ammount of work involved in organising this type of event and Bakerman did a damm fine job are far as i'm concerned :thumb

I'm pretty open mouthed at Tuneds post... How insensitive can you get? Sixty quid for everything that Steve supplied, AND he's trying to raise money for a Good Cause! Just because you live a ferry ride away is nothing to do with Steve. What do you want him to do about it? Charge a sliding scale based on distance?

Christ, Steve + co worked their nuts off to produce this superb event, then he gets kicked in the nuts by someone WHO WASN'T EVEN THERE!!!

So the food ran out last year - there was loads this year and ALL of it was fantastic (just finished off the last of the bread for my lunch - best bread I've had for a long, long time.). So there was a band - but they were brilliant and played all night. Five ride outs, plus a talk on the Sunday morning. Hot (very) showers, bogs, soft grass for the campers, hardstanding for the vans plus a good selection of traders. What more do you want?

Feck, if I were Steve I'd be so fcuking angry at this point...

I was not at the Hograost before. I did consider going this year but unfortunately was unable to do so in the end.

Along with the able assistance of Jockser (and others) I have organised three UKGSer weekend events here in Ireland with the fourth happening in less than two weeks time.

Sometimes some folks feel that certain things could be done differently and we have to take those comments on board in order to try to make the next event even better for as many people as possible.

Tuned In should maybe have posted his thoughts elsewhere, and he is big (and ugly) enough to fight his own corner but;

I too take offence at Tuned In's comments.

I can't understand why CTFT would take offence at Tuned In's comments though. If they are a genuine expression of how he feels about the event then they should be taken on board. It may be that he raises points which can be implemented in the next event or maybe not, but does that mean that he shouldn't make them?

....though I suspect they will form part of some cowardly premeditated multi-pronged attack.

This comment really puzzles me Chris. Where in this thread (or elsewhere) has anyone attacked Bakerman or the event?

Warlock makes the point quite well I think;

Looking at the reports after the Hograost, and looking at what was supplied for the £60 it appears to have been good value for money especially given the fact that it was also in aid of a Charity.

Look at Tuned's experience from last year and taken at face value it does indeed appear that he did not have value for money. I don't know what the details were, but try not to take it personally. That was his experience and his reasons for not attending this year. Simply that and I certainly don't read a personal attack into it.

someone needs to say it

perhaps the attack was made because it was not a UKGSer event

perhaps the attack was made because it was not a UKGSer event

I really don't think so Tim, and sincerely hope that that would not be a factor at all.

The word "attack" still puzzles me though. If someone expresses a view that is different from most other people does that constitute an attack?

The word "attack" still puzzles me though. If someone expresses a view that is different from most other people does that constitute an attack?

Only those on the recieving end can decide that.

BTW see you at Achill?:beer:

I've read this thread carefully and feel compelled to add my halfpenny's worth. I do not think Tuned In's post is in anyway cowardly. Quite the reverse really judging by the tone of some of the replies. I also don't consider his post to be personally insulting to Bakerman or Chris TFT.
It's understandable for Bakes and Chris to feel agrieved because of the hard work they obviously put into the organisation of the event.
Fortunately we all have choices and Tuned chose not to attend this event because he believed the cost to be excessive.
He also articulated in his post that it was his opinion. Is the man not entitled to articulate his opinion just as the "opposing camp" are entitled to theirs?
Get over it lads.

I agree, he is entitled to an opinion but I don't believe he should have voiced it on this thread.

Cracking event.....great food, great people, smooth and effective organisation by Bakes and his back room pixies, great bands, great site, everyone enjoyed the ride outs......:clap :clap :clap

£100 for the pair of us is quite a lot, but looking at what was there and what we got out of it, well worth it....you'd be hard pushed to get anywhere near that level of fun, food and fekking about on any other organised event for that sort of money.

Well done Bakes and crew, and I look forwards to hearing about the amount finally raised and the traditional aftermath pics of Bakes and the Gateway club all out on a charabang trip soon :D

:thumb2

So,.... I could have taken sixty quid out on a Friday night with the lads down the pub, had a sh*t loads of beer and a curry & wake up on Saturday morning and not much to show for it apart from a bad head and probably dodgy guts.

Alternatively I could spend sixty quid (in fact it was 50 as I booked in advance), have a clean & secure place to park my bike and camp, very good cleaning, showering & shitting facilities, a good bar, a few stalls, a band, free tea & coffee + fruit & doughnuts whenever I wanted, real wholesome food on both nights (And believe me, there was enough to go round) and lets not forget the choice of Saturday ride outs depending on ability + the Friday night green lane session.

For me, it was also the way everything ran smoothly and how everything you needed was there when you wanted it or needed it.

And to top it all off, It's an organised do that raises money for charity.

Now I'm not flush in the wedge department and I can only afford to do a few venues a year.
This was my first Hog Raost and I can tell you now - In my mind, it was well worth turning up for.

So, Sixty quid out on the lash on a Friday night
Or
A top weekend full of bike riding, banter, booze and all round fun.

Well F*ck my old boots! Sixty/fifty quid can get you a whole lot of weekend down Andover way.

I'll do it again, deffo :thumb2

I had a nice time the beer was cheaper than my local. good company .great weather. can you cook a lamb next year :D

So,.... I could have taken sixty quid out on a Friday night with the lads down the pub, had a sh*t loads of beer and a curry & wake up on Saturday morning and not much to show for it apart from a bad head and probably dodgy guts.

Alternatively I could spend sixty quid (in fact it was 50 as I booked in advance), have a clean & secure place to park my bike and camp, very good cleaning, showering & shitting facilities, a good bar, a few stalls, a band, free tea & coffee + fruit & doughnuts whenever I wanted, real wholesome food on both nights (And believe me, there was enough to go round) and lets not forget the choice of Saturday ride outs depending on ability + the Friday night green lane session.

For me, it was also the way everything ran smoothly and how everything you needed was there when you wanted it or needed it.

And to top it all off, It's an organised do that raises money for charity.

Now I'm not flush in the wedge department and I can only afford to do a few venues a year.
This was my first Hog Raost and I can tell you now - In my mind, it was well worth turning up for.

So, Sixty quid out on the lash on a Friday night
Or
A top weekend full of bike riding, banter, booze and all round fun.

Well F*ck my old boots! Sixty/fifty quid can get you a whole lot of weekend down Andover way.

I'll do it again, deffo :thumb2

:clap :clap
There ya go Bakes.....new guy both to here and to GSing, first GS event, and he's sumed it up nicely IMO.

Good to meet you there Ben...your enthusiasm was great and quite contagious....see you at the next one :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom