Dakar? Patsy Quick and Charley Boorman event

ktmBill

Just a quick announcement, that as Charley arrives home from his current Long Way Down adventure in Africa, he's going to pick Patsy Quick up (1st brit woman to finish the Dakar Rally) and head to Newcastle to do a one nite only show called "Charley Boorman with Patsy Quick, an evening of Adventure Motorcycling" - Thursday 6th Sept 07. The location is Newcastle upon Tyne and the venue is at the heart of the biking scene - Westgate Road, The Journal Tyne Theatre. There will be sponsors and a celeb audience too. At the end there's a charity auction for Riders for Health. Real intersting night for potential Dakar followers or just couch competitors.

Full details at:

http://www.thejournaltynetheatre.co.uk/events/event.cfm?ev=916

Should be a fun and interesting night - some clips of Patsy in the desert and how she was nearly killed on her first Dakar...

nice one thanks for the heads up

Just a quick announcement, that as Charley arrives home from his current Long Way Down adventure in Africa, he's going to pick Patsy Quick up (1st brit woman to finish the Dakar Rally) and head to Newcastle to do a one nite only show called "Charley Boorman with Patsy Quick, an evening of Adventure Motorcycling" - Thursday 6th Sept 07. The location is Newcastle upon Tyne and the venue is at the heart of the biking scene - Westgate Road, The Journal Tyne Theatre. There will be sponsors and a celeb audience too. At the end there's a charity auction for Riders for Health. Real intersting night for potential Dakar followers or just couch competitors.

Full details at:

http://www.thejournaltynetheatre.co.uk/events/event.cfm?ev=916

Should be a fun and interesting night - some clips of Patsy in the desert and how she was nearly killed on her first Dakar...

cheers Bill how you doing are you doing the dakar again this year , all the best , ozzy:thumb

Hooray Ozzie the Dakar co-ordinator!

Hi Ozz, great to hear you. I lost your mobile details!! Yes, I'm sort of up to my neck in the Dakar now! I'm planning a "TRUCK" run to take bikes to the African ferry to set them loose to follow the Dakar. Its called Biketruck.com and its all about getting bikers to the place they want to explore instead of doing the long slog spending time and money to get there - so this year Biketruck will be taking up to 30 bikes to Malaga, bikers fly into Malaga and pick up their bikes at the airport. They off they go with a route plan and hotel recommends to follow the Dakar for a couple of weeks or more. Biketruck will be there to bring the bikes home again.

How ya doing? Listen, if you wanna come to my event in Newcastle, let me know I'll get you on the guest list. You were really supportive when I was 'lost' in Africa!!!

Let me know
Cheers
ps. I'd put the 'flyer' on here or send me ya email address and I'll mail you it with all the details.
Billy
biketruck.com:thumb

to do a one nite only show called "Charley Boorman with Patsy Quick, an evening of Adventure Motorcycling" - Thursday 6th Sept 07. .

Gee, that should be 'riveting'...:rolleyes: , a nite with Mr 'I wanna be a star like Ewan, but I'm a ponsy, big boring babbie arse'!

Money to a good cause though...:thumb Maybe Patsy could give him some tips...:D

Heard from the guys at the off-road school last week that Patsy's broken her ankle - getting out of a van, apparently... :blast

Hope it doesn't prevent her from attending, expect she'll be really interesting (but unfortunately, I won't be able to attend :thedummy )

Patsy Quick - broken ankle

Heard from the guys at the off-road school last week that Patsy's broken her ankle - getting out of a van, apparently... :blast

Hope it doesn't prevent her from attending, expect she'll be really interesting (but unfortunately, I won't be able to attend :thedummy )

Yeah, was talking to her yesterday. She later rolled her quad and knackered the other ankle!! But she's a fighter so the show goes on....

:)

Ten Dakar Bikes... Patsy

Just for info, Patsy is building 10 Dakar bikes this year - for British riders. I was in the work shop recently and she let me ride her KTM 525 Dakar machine - wow, was just so chuffed, its a monster. You can feel the exhaust blast from about 8feet away. Anyway, I went down into a local woods and blasted it (just a little!!). Her work shop looks like a Dakar Factory!!
Rock on Team Desert Rose....
:)

Gee, that should be 'riveting'... , a nite with Mr 'I wanna be a star like Ewan, but I'm a ponsy, big boring babbie arse'!

I must admit I didn't get that impression of Charley when I met him during an Offroad Course. He can ride a bike quite well too !!!!!

Hello there mate

Hi Ozz, great to hear you. I lost your mobile details!! Yes, I'm sort of up to my neck in the Dakar now! I'm planning a "TRUCK" run to take bikes to the African ferry to set them loose to follow the Dakar. Its called Biketruck.com and its all about getting bikers to the place they want to explore instead of doing the long slog spending time and money to get there - so this year Biketruck will be taking up to 30 bikes to Malaga, bikers fly into Malaga and pick up their bikes at the airport. They off they go with a route plan and hotel recommends to follow the Dakar for a couple of weeks or more. Biketruck will be there to bring the bikes home again.

How ya doing? Listen, if you wanna come to my event in Newcastle, let me know I'll get you on the guest list. You were really supportive when I was 'lost' in Africa!!!

Let me know
Cheers
PS. I'd put the 'flyer' on here or send me ya email address and I'll mail you it with all the details.
Billy
biketruck.com:thumb

be come a site member then I can send you private message (pm's) yes would like to come and see what your up to could even give you a hand if you like cheers Ozz , Tel 077 03 190 950 :thumb2 :beerjug: :beer:

Charley

I must admit I didn't get that impression of Charley when I met him during an Offroad Course. He can ride a bike quite well too !!!!!

yeah, well he has that effect on people - some think he's a poncy actor and some think he's (together with Ewan) done more for the offroad industry and adventure motorcycling in terms of profile / publicity than practically anyone.
On top of that, he's a nice guys - gets pissed, makes mistakes, talks bollox - or is that me?

Love im or ate him, add Patsy (Hardcore) and you;ve got a broad appeal. Should be a great nite - got North African MotoAventures tour company, Andalucian Trail Tours, Wheeldon Farm KTM school, Touratech and a few others selling their wares so should make it a buzzy nite. Each sponsor has put a tour into the Charity Auction at the end of the gig, so you might go home with a week in Morocco for a few quid!! On top of that we've invited all 22 UK, Irish and Auzzie Dakar 2008 riders to the audience, so far we have 8 confirmations! Well chuffed - should be a few stories outa that bunch!

Go to www.biketruck.com and follow the link to the attached flyers:beerjug:

Superb nite i reckon!......Shame I live the other end of the country :(

Charley Boorman and Patsy Quick

Superb nite i reckon!......Shame I live the other end of the country :(

...yeah - unless you get a few together and come up mob handed - share the drive. I rode to Exeter the other week for an Enduro in Devon - then done the enduro, and rode home next day! (tho I dont think I'll be doing that again!!!). We've had confirmation from some of the celeb audience last week, so we've got some with a geodie connection like the Viz comic guy Chris Donald (it was his baby so to speak) and the current Viz team, and the Hairy Bikers - the chefs on bikes geezers (Geordies) they're coming to - still trying to get Ross Noble - top comic and major biker but he's not sure he can make it. Also had confirmed some of the Auction items - Like MotoAventures Africa will be donating one DESERT TOUR for the 2008 season in North Africa. Not a bad item to bid on eh!

Hey, arent there cheap flights from Exeter to Newcastle? just a thought.
Cheers
Billy
www.biketruck.com

Back
Top Bottom