Adventure and R1100GS Tobinators now available to buy

Tobers said:
I've finally managed to get my web site updated so that the new R1100GS and Adventure Tobinators can be purchased online.

www.stopthebuffeting.com - as if you didn't know.

Cheers

Tobers

Just checked out the website, very impresive range of adjustment, would be interested in a front shot of a 1100GS with them fitted to see "how odd" it looks with the 1150 screen.

~stef~

Perhaps Motomartin can help out as I dont have a spare 1100 hanging around at the moment so cant take any pics.

Tobers said:
I've finally managed to get my web site updated so that the new R1100GS and Adventure Tobinators can be purchased online.

www.stopthebuffeting.com - as if you didn't know.

Cheers

Tobers

Tobers any idea if a screen from another model would fit the 1100 with Tobinators ?

i.e. so as not to have the eyebrow cut out.
I was thiniking along the lines of a 650 Dakar or an S model
Also there slightly more chance of getting a cheap second hand one as every time a 1150 GS screen appears on eBay 3 000 000 GSers bid on it :p1zzed:

~Stef~

Hi Stef,

Afraid not - the Tobinators are designed to fit into the holes & recesses of the 1150GS and 1150GS Adv only. Therefore you're going to have cut out at the base of the screen anyway I'm afraid.

You can have a variant of the GS screen, such as the Wunderlich or MRA as alternatives, so you can get quite a selection.

Cheers

Andrew

Well worth buying!

At the risk of sounding like another advert for Tobinators!!......and I'm not related in any way.....but they are the business!!.....fitted to my 03 Adv.......not in 25 mins sadly.....but clear instructions nonetheless...........what can I say, other than....if you want to get de-buffinated - get tobinated!

Cheers Toby.

Regards,

Graeme:D

Oo Er missus!

The 1200GS...comes...

...pre-tobinated!

Attachments

• tobinator.jpg
    tobinator.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 474
Re: Re: Adventure and R1100GS Tobinators now available to buy

~Stef~ said:
Tobers any idea if a screen from another model would fit the 1100 with Tobinators ?

i.e. so as not to have the eyebrow cut out.
I was thiniking along the lines of a 650 Dakar or an S model
Also there slightly more chance of getting a cheap second hand one as every time a 1150 GS screen appears on eBay 3 000 000 GSers bid on it :p1zzed:

~Stef~
tobinator5.jpg

This is my 1100 with the Wunderlich Vario for the 1150.

I now have 2 old 1100 screens, and one 1150 screen - but they're here in Texas!

Pre-Tobinated! Pah.....

It's just got tilt adjustment again, no forward/backward/up/down adjustment. The only real difference is the front fixing point which is on the front face of the screen rather than the sides.

I'll soon sort that out :D

Just sold the 400th Tobinator to a very nice chap in California. And to think I only thought I'd sell 5 of them.

Delighted

that everyone else finds it so wonderful. Is there anyone else out there who has found that most of the possible settings are either impossible to achieve (because the screen prevents the allen screws being tightened) or unuseable (because the screen fouls the 'bars).

The remaining settings provide a range from no improvement at all through pretty unsatisfactory to awful. I've found the howling gale in the chest option and the 10mph off top speed caused by brick-like aerodynamics.

My current settings - until I changed it again yesterday - deposited clag on the inside of the screen and on the instruments during bad weather.

I'm looking to go back to standard. Or perhaps it really only works on the standard screen or for shorter people than my 1m90.

Re: Delighted

waterhouse said:
that everyone else finds it so wonderful. Is there anyone else out there who has found that most of the possible settings are either impossible to achieve (because the screen prevents the allen screws being tightened) or unuseable (because the screen fouls the 'bars). Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO !!

The remaining settings provide a range from no improvement at all through pretty unsatisfactory to awful. I've found the howling gale in the chest option and the 10mph off top speed caused by brick-like aerodynamics. Hmmmmmmmmm Have you got inside leg of 15ins , and upper body 9ft ??

My current settings - until I changed it again yesterday - deposited clag on the inside of the screen and on the instruments during bad weather.] Don't ride up the arse of the vehicle in front!!

I'm looking to go back to standard. Probably best !!

here we go

better late than never

still for sale - just

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 528
Sorry to rebirth an ancient thread. But are these still available I have a 2004 GSA.
The website doesn't seem to be active anymore.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Stick a wanted ad in here… the will be some sat on garage shelves …. Not made any more I fear..

Hello!
Anyone managed to contact Tobers?
I need a Tobinator set, but I can't find where/how to get it anywhere.
Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom