HOGRAOST BRAKES EVEN

BAKERMAN

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Also posted on GSCLUBUK.org

HOGRAOST BRAKES EVEN but RAFFLE and AUCTION makes us £1800.

This year a total of £1800 goes to THE GATEWAY and the goodtime goes to you !

Costs of £5110 to run this event are now all paid in out and up.

I had LARGER costs this year, EXTRA BAND, BIGGER MARQUEE, and EXTRA FOOD and loos.

Numbers down a bit due to the bad weather, many other events that weekend, and a £30 per day cost.

There is no-way that a GREEN FEILD event of this stature can be run less than £30 per head per day, I`m affraid.

As long as I brake even I`m happy, its 6 months planning and very hard work of which I enjoy.

There is a HOGRAOST NEXT year 4-5-6th JULY so I`m willing to carry it on in 2008, with a few changes, but non of which will stop your enjoyment.

I need a MAJOR sponser that would pay my £5000 costs, so I can keep the gate and raffle money for THE GATEWAY CLUB.

So if you know one :thumb

If you hadn't given me a refund you would be in profit:blast

Great stuff. It's a shame that more money was not raised, but I'm sure it's much appreciated anyway.

Sponsor? - How well are Bahnstormer doing nowadays :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1
Does anyone know anyone in BMW Bracknell. Dare i say could they sponsor the event. I'm sure all these questions have probably been answered, but it might inspire someone a little more creative than me to come up with a touch of genius :bounce1

Thanks again Bakes, and for those that did not go due to expense, start saving your pennnies in a jar now :beerjug:

Nice one Steve :clap it's nice to hear that the Hog Raost still managed to raise some cash for the local Gateway Club in Andover.

I’m surprised to hear that the numbers were down as I was ‘reliably’ informed at Achill that there were 437 in attendance this year :nenau

well done Steve

will be checking my diary for next years event :thumb

Only one I've missed this year due to Holiday

Going to start saving up or re-mortgage the hoose tae make it next year:rolleyes:

I'll go Chris that fat twat's minder :D

There were but only half paid :D

:eek: 218 Tossers x £60 = £13,080 - £5,110 costs = £7,979 for the local Gateway Club (+£1,800 from the raffle)..... looks like some barstead nicked the swag bag
:ninja1: :eek: ;)

Come on who was it :mcgun

:eek: Seriously? If that's true it's a bit crap.... :eek

No Idea of numbers, I think Paul was joking about the 437 , all I know is everybody paid, and I had £1,800 left after costs.:thumb

I paid out some £1,500 more this year on the fact that I may have attracted more from BIKE mag and all the extra advitising I did FLYERS at bike events etc: must have covered 200 Gsers at SUPERBIKES, and BIKE NIGHTS.

Especially for the ones that paid for the ones that didn'ts entertainment

Everybody paid, Don`t worry.

Nobody paid for anybody else, these thing cost alot to run as you know, I can afford to put my head on the block as I can pull in favours from local buinesses.

Just numbers were down, the weather cleared 10 mins before we opened, we had a month of BIBLICAL rain before hand, and it cleared for the weekend.

Many other events were on, some 20 people folks have explained why they couldn`t attend.

Steve, at least you got to hand over some money to the Gateway club, that was the objective, well done:thumb

The numbers did seem down on last year, but I reckon the weather played a big part in that, the run up to the event was horrid.

I think the trade stalls were very good this year too, had the edge on last year IMO.
Les, as always, cost me some money, for something I didn't realise I needed :rolleyes:

Numbers down a bit due to the bad weather, many other events that weekend, and a £30 per day cost.

what bad weather? :nenau

i'll be there again next year,seeing as its only a few miles from my new pad :cool:

again thanks alot steve...it was a corker :thumbs

Wouldn't have bothered us "original" GSclub boys. This new load are a bunch of poofs........I remember riding up to Hawes through roads flooded to 10" and we went trail riding the next day. Q Monty Python sketch......

:rob :rob :rob

:nod

Back
Top Bottom