Bikesafe Newry 06/10/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Right everyone. I've had an e-mail from Bill Holden and the UKGSer/PSNI Bikesafe day is on.

Saturday 6th October at Hein Gericke Newry.

Assessments will begin at 9am and the last one will go out at 2pm.

23 riders expressed an interest on the other thread but I would appreciate it greatly if you would post here if you definitely intend to take an assessment.

There should be two or three police bikes there so you shouldn't have to wait too long to get out on a run.

Please remember to take your licence and insurance certificate with you. Without these you will not be able to take the assessment.

Our hosts for the day will be Kenny and his staff at Hein Gericke in Newry. Refreshments will be available and there is a good chipper and a pizza place adjacent to the shop. I might even be able to talk Kenny into donating a prize for the best rider of the day.

If Garmin ever send me back my 2650 I will post the co-ordinates for HG. :eek:

BTW. The Bike Safe assessment is free.

Should be a good day's craic. And sure if it get's you some discount on your insurance premium it will be well worth it. :thumb2

Aidan
Mrs C is being conferred with something or other in Cork on that day.
She expects me to be there.
I dare not disappoint her (again).
Being a complete wimp I'll not be in Newry.

Bike safe

I'll be there on the rt:D
DSCN1225.jpg

Baldie:beerjug:

Be there ,wont let you down.

I will be there ,just dont put my name done to early .Can i get address for the shop. Dont know how to put in those other things . Some please bring a dry day . Thanks Aidan , man of his words . Anyone from around North Down heading down . Can i tag along . Please.

Last edited:
Can i get address for the shop.

Geno, as you approach Newry from Belfast on the A1 you arrive at a roundabout. A right turn takes you onto the bypass towards Dublin and straight ahead takes you to the town centre.

Go straight through at the roundabout and Hein Gericke is on your right about 300yds after the roundabout. Very easy to find. See you there. :thumb2

Bikesafe Newry 6 Oct 2007

Confirming that I'll be there :thumb2

See you this Tues Aidan.

Bryan

Bollocks

I recieved notification that I'm going into Musgrave Park for a shoulder operation during the first week of October on Thursday past. Besides that, the bikes tax will have expired and I'll be off work for four months, so this year has been a disaster as far as biking has been concerned. To say I'm fed up is quite an understatement.

Anyone want to buy an immaculate 12GS ? Only done 450ish miles this year. :tears

Aidan no show for me on day shift that weekend but I will try and do a swap for nights and I will let you know ASAP:thumb

BikeSafe

Hi Aidan unable to make the gig,I will be spending time with the"Police" at Croker (them with the peroxide hair,and where big in the 80s).I would have been there otherwise.Did the BikeSafe with An Garda Siochana at Dublin Castle, well worth the trip up to the BIG smoke, enjoy the day and dont become over confident.:beerjug:Cheers for now

FWIW:

i would really recommend this:thumb2

you'll get a good honest unbiased qualified assessment....

for nothing :clap

you should take it for the craic:augie

hmmm.... well now;
i wouldn't mind doing it / am up for any road based test going.
but i did the Garda run one in Dublin a couple of weeks ago so i could do a write up for MAGs "RoadRunner".

... but if yer not a member / ya won't get to read all about it :p

....got a lot on at the moment... but if i can get the time to go .... woss the prize for best rider..? :augie :D

passed the Garda one...not perfect... but i passed :cool

we will be there

aidan
count us in at the moment .if there is any change will let you know a.s.a.p
james

Thanks for the interest folks. :) :thumb2

So far I have 10 riders definately doing the assessment;

Baldie

Geno

Spondon

BSD

IRL21