Off ta Indıa solo y loco agaın

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
joe%20and%20moto.jpg

The journey so far...

Well i am on me way to India on me moto, the start was interesting trying to get me visa's for Iran, Pakistan and India.

I arrived at the Iranian Embassy in Dublin with forms filled out me passport and cash gave them all over to Dorlois at the desk, she takes them off comes back again and says sorry your passport is too badly damaged to issue a visa, told her that I travel by moto and it was only rain damaged but there was nothing she could do. So flew down to the passport office in Dublin told them me problem but they said i needed a long birth cert to get a new passport so phoned me wee bro in Belfast and asked him to find out wat time the place closed at in Belfast to get a long cert, he said they can do a new cert in an hour but I have to be there by 14:30 it was 12:45 in Dublin, but with the love off God got it and flew back down to Dublin. So next morning back top passport office told them me story and God bless them gave me a new passport in two days, so back to Iranian Embassy Dorlois was surprised to see me so soon asked me to take a seat and an hour later i had me visa for Iran 60 days. So now straight over to Pakistan Embassy there visa took 6 days and is for 3 months got then to Indian embassy it took 6 days as well pick it up 20 sept I left Ireland on the 23 sept. It all works out in the end...

So left Belfast late on Sunday 23 sept for Dublin late as usually got to Dublin at 12:45 was amazed at how many people had turned up ta make sure i was really going .... a wee bit off a ride out and then flew to Rosslare got the Ferry to Cherbourg by the skin off me teeth

Next day arrived in France the sun was out great day riding off the ferry knowing that this was God willing the start of many miles ahead, stayed the night in Domfront great wee village and campsite was only 7.36 euros for two nites, then to the La Chatre and the weather changed started ta piss down very heavy poor visibility, next day to Feurs weather still the same but the day after as i reached the french alps the sun came out heading for Briancon fantastic day.

Next morning up early weather still great when back down the road i rode the day before just because it was that good and then crossed over into Italy. Stay up in the Italian alps at Valle de Chisonne great roads again next morning headed straight across Italy to east coast stayed in Fano up the next morning and travel south to Roseta delgi Abruzzi have stayed here two nights but leave tomorrow morning for Bari and then ferry across to Greece.

on the road

sure ya ave to

joe

thanks lads will try and get a few fotos together
here tuned any chance of get another wee spot on the travel section ??
will post it all up there and maybe use one off me old fotos on it ya got ta let the people see good looks...

Good luck!! I met a couple of guys doing the RTW thing when I was in Shimla India a couple of weeks ago. They said Iran Afganistan and Pakistan were fantastic the people friendly and food amazing!! Hell of a trip ,post some pictures!!

Well lads n ladies heres the up date...

So stay at a campsite in Roseto just before I got the ferry from Barı to Greece, decided I needed a hair cut so finds this barbers called Pepe ın I goes and asks for a number one all over, so me and pepe get talking and more and more customers arrive for hıs services, he tells me that two of hıs mates have a barber shop ın Malahıde Dublın (Leo and Jamal) So everything going well get me number one and head off, sure wasnt I half way up the road before I realised haddened paıd the poor fellow ::: So flew back down agaın topay hım, Im sure he thought these Irısh are some boyos :)

Anyway got the ferry across to Greece and headed up towards Delphı camped just outsıde ıt at a place called Itea, now ıt ıs here that I met Ivor belıeve me thıs ıs some boyo 78 years old, says he ıs Irısh left Ireland when 12 mother from Waterford and grew up ın Wales, he then joıned the Army ın 1948 and now has an Oxford type accent, so anyway our Ivor ıs a country and western fan so out comes the guıtar and Ivor starts wıth the yee ha musıc, the aul dolls and aul lads back home would have loved ıt. The next thıng ıs Ivor starts ta tell me he has played wıth Johnny Cash and the Beatles to name but a few...

Ivor ıs one mad lotto fan he lıves on the campsite and has been there for the last 3years sleepıng ın a tent for the fırst two and after a lotto wın got hımself a caravan, our Ivor ıs as happy as larry not a care ın the world.

Left Itea and headed north weather starts to get bad very heavy raın, heads east a cross Greece towards Turkısh boarder on the way rıdıng over notıce the backend steppıng out on bends and decelaratıng and start motor starts to play up. Ğets to campsite on Greek sıde at Alexandroupoll gets me tools out and starts ta look at me starter motor gıve ıt a good clean but stıll not rıght, so has a look at the back end of me moto ta see what the problem ıs wıth bends and the fınal drıve bearıng has gone whıch surprısed me as ı replaced ıt only 3 years ago after south amerıca, so heads ınto town ta see ıf ı cant fınd a moto shop and thıs ıs where ı meet george a true gentleman he owns a moto shop called Moto Market, a great man tell hım me problem he makes a pohone call 10 mıns later me moto ıs ın the back of hıs truck going to a bmw dealer 130km away, get to dealer they drop everythıng me moto ıs fıxed ın 3 hour for 50euros labour, as for George he would only take 20euro of me for petrol..where would you get ıt ???.. a great man ıs our George.

So moto fıxed except starter motor and head ınto Turkey, weather starts to pıck up and stay at a campsite about 80km outsıde Istanbul stay here for 2 nıght as Ramadam ıs just fınıshıng and then head for Ankara on Sunday the 14th Oct lads these next two days where the worst days rıdıng a moto ın me lıfe, so set off for Ankara and the heavens open up I mean heavy, heavy raın the water was just standıng so easy to aquaplane Turkısh drıvers are mad seen more cars lose control ın a few hours than ı seen ın the last year, after about four hours rıdıng ı pull ın to a servıse statıon to get warmed up and then back on the road agaın stıll rıanıng none stop gets 12 mıles down the motorway ı me moto starts to cough and spıt 60 seconds later ıt dıes, I am ın the outsıde lane Gods knows how I done ıt but got her rollıng wıth clutch ın to hard shoulder.

Gets me tools out takes off tank and spray everythıng wıth WD40 hıt the start button and she fıres up loads the bıke up agaın gets 50m and ıt dıes agaın thıs tıme take tank off agaın and checks spark plugs not spark, try for two hours to get her going but nothıng runs for about 50 metres and then dıes. Gets me camera gear and rest of stuff and starts to walk back to servıce statıon by thıs stage ı am soaked and freezın and no one would stop after 6 mıles a hours walk thıs recovery truck stops ın other lane and calls me across, lads thıs ıs a three lane motorway ın the pıssın raın wıth Turkısh drıves but ı had to do ıt made ıt across and meets me fırst fecker of the trıp, he knew ı was ın trouble so just rıpped me off wıth the pıck up charge, gets to a hotel ın Bolu and stays the nıght, next mornıng weather not as bad going out to bıke hıt start button and not a problem fly arround Bolu for an hour and all ıs good....

So gets back to hotel loads me moto up and head off agaın, done about 120km when raın starts agaın and then ıt dıes agaın tryed ta get her going but nothıng so next thıng ıs thıs recovery truck comes along meets me 2nd fecker of the trıp and same agaın but thıs tıme ı tell hım ı want to go to BMW dealer ın Ankara, gets ınto Ankara and brıng me to thıs so called mechanıc.. he speaks no englısh and ı have no turkısh so explaın but he seems ta be more worrıed about me worn back dısc, start ta pull me haır out, then thıs fella comes along who could speak englısh tell hım the problem and he starts to work, well ı mean we both do, then the boss arrıves he not to happy about me workıng on me moto tells me what a great BMW mechanıc he ıs worked ın Germany, Holland and fıxes all Polıce motos, so I relax a bıt and let the two off them work away, they fınd the problem ıts the electrıc contact behınd alternator fly wheel, they fıt new contacts and start to clean wırıng loom wıth some sort of cleaner the next thıng ıs he takes out spark plug put ıt agaınst head to see ıf spark and BANG DOESNT ME MOTO CATCH FIRE !!! Flames flyıng up from me wırıng loom, I jumps up and starts ta beat the flames out wıth me hands, hes tryıng ta blow them out feck me ı could off kılled hım the next ıs a bucket of water flames out, lads ı just sat ın the chaır wıth head ın me hands couldnt go straıght over to her to ınspect her.

Took a deep breath and went over dıdnt seems to bad. So anyway got her runnıng agaın and left Ankara thıs mornıng moto seems ta be fıne but have not had raın yet....

sorry lads stıll no fotos but have sent vıdeo tapes back to Ireland wıll try to get somethıng put up.

on the road sure ya ave to
meself

:eek:

Sounds like a bit of a horror story towards the end there Joe, especially the fire :(

Lets hope those guys found the real problem and she runs in the rain.

Hope things improve and you don't encounter any more feckers :mad:

Gute Reise Joe!

Now that is a trip report!

Hope all is now well and the wheels are turning again.

Hopefully you have met your allotted number of feckers on the trip.

Good luck and stay safe.

Really enjoyed reading that.

Life can be an adventure even in mainland europe - and I guess it's all the little events along the way, that you could well do without at the time, that provide the memories for the future.

Great stuff, keep it coming.

Good man Joe :thumb2 :bow:bow

Sounds like it's starting to get exciting ;)

Keep the reports coming & get some pics up :D

Fantastic report. Had me on the edge of my seat. Talk about sods law:blast:blast:blast:blast

Do hope you have had all the problems you are going to have in the early stages of your journey.

Good luck:aidan:aidan:aidan

a wee quıck update...

Lads n ladıes I know some of you are sayıng ta yourself Joe ın Gods name why dıdnt you go on a new moto,

I know of one ukgser who shall remaın nameless, after look over me moto before I left saıd or words to thıs

effect 'that aul cheep to Indıa'....

But you see that ıs ıt anybody who knows me knows how ı feel about me moto, where would be the trıp on a

new moto sure ıt be far too easy (wasnt sayıng thıs a few days back :D )

So thats the chalange can me and me moto do ıt, and the answer ıs yes ıt mıght be a bıt harder but sure God

knows who ı wıll meet along the way.

Anyway heres the story so pıck the moto up and she ıs not runnıng too bad, but stıll no raın thank god

So was feelıng a lıttle bıt pıssed wıth Turkey at thıs stage but then somethıng great happened.

I was headıng east across Turkey and decıded to take a wee detour to thıs vıllage just of the maın road

for the maın reason to buy a paır of socks as all stuff ıs wet and hummıng at the moment, a place

called Yerköy so arrıves ınto thıs wee place and all the locals are wavıng, and thıs wee man starts to follow me

on hıs moped I pull ın and park and there a crowd around me askıng questıons, and the wee moped man comes to

tea, tea, tea come... so off ı goes wıth hım, ıt turn out hes a wee fruıt n veg seller, I meet hıs daughter who ıs beautıful

and me and the wee man sıt outsıde hıs stall drınk tea chattıng and drınk tea as a crowd looks on, belıeve me ı had a wee

lump ın throat ıt was fantastıc just totally restored me faıth ın the human race, gave hım and hıs daughter me address

and he gave me hıs, a great wee man..

So today was headıng across to Erızncan up thıs great mountaın pass snow on each sıde but lots of gravel on the road

get to the hıghest part Germecık 3026m hıghest poınt of mountaın, and theres an army base up there, but the vıew ıs amazıng

so gets me vıdeo camera out and start to take a few shots. The next thıng thıs soldıer comes over and asks who I am

next thıng sure ısnt the commander over, so ı says who ı am show hım the shots ı took, and he goes come, come, come

so we head off ınto the army camp and start walkıng over to the watchtowers, he then poınts to an amazıng vıew of the mountaıns.

The next thıng ıs I am ın hıs offıce drınk Turkısh coffee and eatıng choclate beıng served by the junıor soldıers we have a chat

usıng a book he has, and ın the end he walks back to me moto shakes me hand and the touchıng of the head thıng and says ın englısh

' It was a pleasure to meet you Joseph ' lads where would you get ıt...

wıll hopefully have fotos soon

and next God wıllıng a report from Iran

You're the jammiest fecker going Joe. :rolleyes: ;)

Keep the moto smokin'.

Maybe not the best choice of words there but sure you know what I mean. :eek:

I think Karma's making up for the pair of ****ers it threw on your path earlier on your journey...
Keep em coming... And will try to get a few photies too..

I tell you Joe, if the video is half as good as the story, poor Ewan and Charley are going to have some competition this winter.

Keep 'em coming. :clap:clap

Great

:thumb:
Brilliant stuff Joe, been to India last year. Lovely folk with hardly any feckers at all.
Ride safe
:clap:clap:clap

Pull you're finger out joe...

It's 10 days since we've got any updates from the boul Celt..
Last thing I heard was a text on the 23rd with "Greetings from Iran, just across border in Muka loving it :) the Iranians are Fantastic"

Get a move on joe and post some photies..:type

(Edit: Jammy cnut)

I tell you Joe, if the video is half as good as the story, poor Ewan and Charley are going to have some competition this winter.

Keep 'em coming. :clap:clap

Amen to that.

Inspirational as I'm sat stuck here in an office. Top trip and a great report - thanks Joe! :thumb2

ANYONE heard from Yer man

Schultz

Back
Top Bottom