Anyone got / ridden a Honda Rune ?

Walowiz

Reaction score
Saw one of these Honda runes at Boxhill at the w/e just gone.

I must be still going through a mid life crisis, as I was quite taken with it.

As there aren't too many of them abut - the chances of a ride on one of these is slim to fook all.

So if anyone has had one, got one, ridden one - I would love to know what they are like ?

cheers
Aaron

Attachments

• honda rune.jpg
    honda rune.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 526
that is without out a doubt the most awful bike I've ever seen - even the Trumph rocket three looks better. All that chrome looks like what it is - cheap plastic chrome 'effect'. I bet it handles like a hippo as well.

And as for the name - do me a favour.

That is without a doubt the most fantastic bike I've ever seen - makes the Triump Rocket Three look awful. All that chrome looks like what it is - expensive looking chrome effect. I bet it handles like a FireBlade.

And as for the name - does it for me.

:D

That is without a doubt the most gay bike I've ever seen - makes the Triumph Rocket Three look butch. All that chrome looks like what it is - expensive looking gay apparell. I bet it handles like a quentin crisp.

And as for the name - Rimmed would be better.

Is anyone here,seriously saying, that they would not like a go on an 1800cc 'bike ???????....I know I would. I have seen one (York Suzuki center).....Massive, well made heap. Made in the land of Uncle Sam (Yup) 1800cc of pure Americana.......Looks a right laugh.....:D:D:thumb:thumb

cheers for that Schtum, very entertaining. Good to know I am not the only person who has lusted after one of these OTT cruisers.

Shame you didn't at least get a go on a Rune whilst at Laguna Seca.

Shame you didn't at least get a go on a Rune whilst at Laguna Seca.

True but access to the paddock and pitlane and the guided tour of the Gibernau / Melandri pit garage more than made up for it.....:D

Thread revival time !

A local dealer has the only Rune on the island for sale on behalf of the owner . He’s asking £17000 which seems a tad steep . Apparently were $30k new.
It’s not my cup of tea and it weighs a ton getting it off the side stand but I must say the standard of finish is stunning for a 15 year old bike . It looks like new !

1ae046f523fc6ba1dfdf733b3cc656b9.jpg
a3807d8f143988bc1f0e73f02ca32dad.jpg

Used to have a Valkyrie so thought these were ace when they came out. I tried to get a test ride on one in the US whilst on a trip in 2004 . The dealer wasn’t keen as the weather was lousy and he knew how much cleaning he’d have to do when I brought it back and didn’t buy it :D

Saw this in Hunts a few weeks ago and it too looked like brand new :

https://www.usedbikeshuntsmotorcycl...-rune-rune-nrx1800-manchester-201810291941307

Back
Top Bottom