just spoke to forry

snoopy;1155796 I would have brought the proper tyres had the organisers been realistic and not have stated I'd have been disqualified. [/QUOTE said:
Not wishing to sound unkind Snoopy, but if you read the regulations for the event, it does state quite clearly that road legal motocross tyres are not allowed. I have helped out with scrutineering in the past, and the number of people who either don't read, or don't care about the regulations is quite astonishing. It is a condition of entry that you abide by the rules of the event, so claiming that the organisers are being unrealistic is out of order.
Having said that, if you were getting the tyre slipping on the rim, you wouldn't have got as far on a more aggresive tyre anyway.
Mark

There were people with straight through exhausts and they didn't check the tyres. It's stupid that a new tyre of 15mm knob height isn't allowed but it I run it down to 13mm it's fine. Surely they should count the gap between the knobs if they want to do it properly. If it's road legal it should be allowed on a trail ride.

There were people with straight through exhausts and they didn't check the tyres. It's stupid that a new tyre of 15mm knob height isn't allowed but it I run it down to 13mm it's fine. Surely they should count the gap between the knobs if they want to do it properly. If it's road legal it should be allowed on a trail ride.

Well when you organise an event, and sort out the permission for 200 odd riders to use parts of the forest normally closed to riders, get marshalls, timekeepers, first aid, etc, etc, etc, then you can specify which tyres can and can't be used, then you can sort out scrutineering so that every bike gets checked with a fine tooth comb, and then you won't have to whinge about the fact that you didn't check the regulations properly in time to get the correct tyres (and rim locks :D) fitted to your bike.
Until then, I suggest you "get over it".
Lesson learned, you will be wiser next time.
Mark

It's stupid that a new tyre of 15mm knob height isn't allowed but it I run it down to 13mm it's fine.

You could see parts of the Cambrian course on Sunday starting to cut up after hundreds of bikes had roosted their way around. This damage would have been even worse if the bikes were using motocross tyres instead of the less-aggressive (not-so-deep tread) regulation tyres.

I know of at least one local enduro where the regulations state that all bikes must be fitted with trials (block pattern) rear tyres. This is a condition imposed by the landowner who has given permission to use his forest. The reason is that aggressive deeply-treaded enduro or motocross tyres would tear up and damage the surface much more than a trials tyre, which just spins harmlessly. If this condition wasn't agreed to, the event couldn't run. The Cambrian might be a similar situation.

I've no problem with the regulations only if they are going to have them then they should enforce them like Mandy told me they would on the phone. No matter I know for next time.

I've no problem with the regulations only if they are going to have them then they should enforce them like Mandy told me they would on the phone. No matter I know for next time.

Yes you will know better for next time Snoopy, something else you should know is that you don't go whinging publicly at event organisers,
do you suppose you would be told that regulations would not be enforced...jeez:rolleyes:

It's a shame that when you asked for advise on which tyres to use you didn't take it:augie

Yes you will know better for next time Snoopy, something else you should know is that you don't go whining publicly at event organisers, do you suppose you would be told that regulations would not be enforced...jeez:rolleyes:

It's a shame that when you asked for advise on which tyres to use you didn't take it:augie

At the time Tim nobody had quoted FIM regulations only what they thought were good tyres, it was only thanks to Rocks that I found out the day before and rang up the organisers to confirm the K70 rear wouldn't be allowed.

Anyway I'm really not bothered - I'll run my non-FIM approved tyre on the road for a bit then it'll be FIM approved.

Live & learn.

Muppet!

A part worn illegal tyre is still an illegal tyre.

If you carry on like this there will be a crowd of people applauding as the scruitineers turn you away next year.

Just my tuppence worth.....

He did pass me while I was down one time as well...I heard no screaming :D

Hi Rich. I hear you got back OK.

Did the picture you took of me on my rally bike in the pits come out?. There dont seem to be many of me around. Just want to prove I was there:D

Hi Rich. I hear you got back OK.

Did the picture you took of me on my rally bike in the pits come out?. There dont seem to be many of me around. Just want to prove I was there:D

Yes, there is at least one nice one! I am working at home tomorrow so while doing the admin should be able to get the photos uploaded :thumb2.

Muppet!

A part worn illegal tyre is still an illegal tyre.

If you carry on like this there will be a crowd of people applauding as the scruitineers turn you away next year.

Just my tuppence worth.....

Oh get bent.

Regs state tread depth must be 13mm or under. Muppet to you too.

Anyway I don't care can be drop it?

Oh get bent.

Regs state tread depth must be 13mm or under. Muppet to you too.

Anyway I don't care can be drop it?

MUPPET TOO:D

We'll drop if you delete your whinging posts directed at the organisers of a fantastic event:thumb

I'm not whinging, the event was superb. The tyre thing was only a tiny weeny niggel as far as I am concerned and didn't detract from the weekend. :thumb2

Next up ... Tim and his 4 star accommodation. :eek

Jockser had an off and hurt his shoulder.. and pulled out

What can I say, I am that eejit :eek: At least my 100% (non) finishing record is intact :augie

A stupid fcuk-up less than half an hour into the event saw me & the XChallenge hit the tarmac a thump. Tarmac 1, bike 0 & Jockser -1. I managed to finish the sighting lap but every bump hurt the shoulder & 2 more small offs (on the same side, naturally :eek:) where I couldn't hold the bars on a bumpy section convinced me that I'd had enough :thedummy

I'd only managed about 20 miles off-road since I got the bike but the 40 miles on Saturday convinced me that (for me anyway) it's a great bike for this sorta thing. A bit more practice & a bit of fitness training & I'll be ready to try again next year :bounce1

Aidan1150 said:
At his age that could take quite some time to heal.

:redbone
With nursey/wifey away I'm havin' to treat myself :surrender Ankle a bit swollen but now strapped. Shoulder (or more accurately, collarbone) swollen & damn sore if I try to do anything with it. I've been using a sling during the day which helps keep the weight off the shoulder but after a while my arm / hand goes asleep :( Nurofen ain't working as well as the couple of Difeen I scrounged up on Sat nite, might have to go to the Doc in the morning for something stronger :cool:
Anyone got any advice on how to look after 3 young fellas for a week while only my right-hand extremities are operating normally :nenau I feel they're gonna run rings 'round me :tears

Thanks to the organisers for another great event & to the Irish contingent, including the 2 honorary Irishmen Brian & Nathan (gawd only knows what he made of us :mmmm) for a weekend of craic, especially Daithi & ShortArse for the transport & good company.
:clap:clap:clap

"Anyone got any advice on how to look after 3 young fellas for a week while only my right-hand extremities are operating normally I feel they're gonna run rings 'round me."

I'm sure your over-reacting. Probably the pressure and the drugs. Bet they will be absolute darlings looking after their poorly dad:D:D:D

With nursey/wifey away I'm havin' to treat myself :surrender Ankle a bit swollen but now strapped. Shoulder (or more accurately, collarbone) swollen & damn sore if I try to do anything with it. I've been using a sling during the day which helps keep the weight off the shoulder but after a while my arm / hand goes asleep :( Nurofen ain't working as well as the couple of Difeen I scrounged up on Sat nite, might have to go to the Doc in the morning for something stronger :cool:

I have just spoken to Jockser after he left the hospital this morning. His collarbone is broken. Not just cracked, but a clear break. :yikes :yikes :yikes

Jockser said:
A stupid fcuk-up less than half an hour into the event saw me & the XChallenge hit the tarmac a thump. Tarmac 1, bike 0 & Jockser -1. I managed to finish the sighting lap but every bump hurt the shoulder & 2 more small offs (on the same side, naturally ) where I couldn't hold the bars on a bumpy section convinced me that I'd had enough

Not a bit of wonder he was sore. Fcukin hardcore. :bow :bow :bow

Hope you have a speedy recovery Jochen.

Back
Top Bottom