Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambrian Rally photos

Ian B
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    thank you to Padge for helping me pick my HP2 from out of the ditch

AndyT

Andy, was it you who picked my 12 up at the muddy turn back onto track after the rutted descent after the lawn? If so thanks! if not thanks to whoever it was.

Ian B
    Quote Originally Posted by martin s View Post
    Does anyone have the web address of the guy taking pics at the end of SS2 (or anyone else taking pics around the course ??) ????

Thx
    Keep an eye on this, I expect there'll be a photo gallery and results appearing soon.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Now retired and travelling around but based near Aberdeen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Rich View Post
    Andy, was it you who picked my 12 up at the muddy turn back onto track after the rutted descent after the lawn? If so thanks! if not thanks to whoever it was.
    It was indeed - your'e most welcome. Makes a change that someones not helping me pick my bike up

Great weekend
    Norton Commando Elec Start 1976
    BMW R100GS PD 1993
    Triumph Bonneville T120 2018
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013
    Vespa GTS300 2017
    Yamaha XMax 400 2014

VW POLO GTI+ 2019
    Fiat Doblo 2009
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just for those of you who may not have noticed, if you go back to the photos Timpo has posted (camera work by the lovely Sarah), the second photo is worth a closer look. In the background is IanB on his 1150 (he is in the next photo emptying his boots of water) The subject of the photo is actually the watersplash. That isn't a u-boat, its a V-strom!
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

Quote Originally Posted by earthmover View Post
    Just for those of you who may not have noticed, if you go back to the photos Timpo has posted (camera work by the lovely Sarah), the second photo is worth a closer look. In the background is IanB on his 1150 (he is in the next photo emptying his boots of water) The subject of the photo is actually the watersplash. That isn't a u-boat, its a V-strom!
    Mark

Shame
    KEA

I'm new'ish on the site but blimey what an introduction.........

To

Timpo - thanks for the speedy tyre work
    Rick A - thanks for taking a big chunk out of my Jack Daniels supply
    Snoopy - thanks for organising getting my bike out of the Forest and back home
    Possu - thanks for splattering my DRZ in rocks
    Forry - thanks for the laughs I got watching your GS fly round

and to all the others I met who helped along the way, Timolgra and Dr Rich and Pete and loads of others, thanks for making my introduction to the world of rallies and UKGSers such a brilliant, brilliant weekend. I loved every minute of it, awesome scenery and people. I just can't believe it's legal to blast around forest tracks all weekend at speeds faster than we are allowed to go on the motorway. Everybody should try it.

See you all next year, if not hopefully much before

cheers

Rich E and his punctured DRZ

Timpo - methinks you were right about needing rim clamps

Ian B
    Quote Originally Posted by earthmover View Post
    Mark
    That's Steveaich taking a bath , pictured in post #65 here.

The Strom guy, Steve(aitch) is a relatively new rider (this year I think...). He'll give anything a go, had a bit of a baptism on fire with me and GPS in Wales on road tyres but did brilliantly, more so than could be said of one of his hosts , then came to the Advrider rally, and then was enthused enough to come to this.

Retired after lap 2 of 3 on the sunday, luckily as he had to ride home and the soak seemed to have done in his lights.

Respect!

foolonastrom
    You'll all be glad to know that the Strom survived to fight another day! Only damage from the imromptu bath was two blown bulbs, and a rather bruised ego! (The other 3 times I got through fine, as soon as a camera appears I go and dump it in the deepest puddle on the course!).

Thanks to Ian for helping to push it out again.

It was a toatlly fantastic weekend, a great atmoshpere, and more adrenelin per £ than anything I've done before.

Dakar_Gal, sorry for riding past you on the easy bit, only to slow you up on the technical bits! Altough my technique has improved a lot in the last 72 hrs, there is still some way to go!

Oh no...he's here!

Great photos, fantastic weather!

Wish I was there!

snoopy
    Woohoo I got back at 3.40AM yesterday after Brian decided to do a bit of sleeping on the way back. Photo's will follow but here's my run down of the event.

Friday night: arrived miserably cold and shivered all night. DRZ lost a brake caliper bolt and a few others on the way down.

Saturday: loved it, met lots of new riders and people I'd seen before from a couple years back. Went quite slow compared to Sunday. Also found they didn't check the tyres so the ones I'd bought for the event and left at home would have been fine. Doing it on deathwings

Later on lost it on some mud and snapped the gear lever but it was hanging on ok (so I thought..) and only made changing gear a little unreliable. Got into the swing of power sliding corners a bit and using brakes less and less.

Between timed stage 1 & 2 approached corner in 4th ready to down-shift to 2nd and power slide. Then clutch lever failed completely and couldn't blip/downshift quick enough... both brakes locked ... oh shit... OH SHIT! ... and down the impeding bank I went! Forry stopped to take photos and five people helped to drag it out and back up the bank.

Sunday learned the value of rim locks when I burst two front inner tubes. Rich blew one. Didn't come off at all I think and felt like I'd learned tons of stuff. Recorded top speed of 90.63mph on the GPS!

In-between stages Forry overtook at an insane pace. His 1150 was out of control but he was keeping it upright which was a joy to watch. Forry you are a nutter!

Pictures coming...

Quote Originally Posted by martin s View Post
    Does anyone have the web address of the guy taking pics at the end of SS2 (or anyone else taking pics around the course ??) ????

Thx
    Not sure if this is what you mean..They're on the cambrian website..
    http://www.ukoffroad.info/Cambrian2007pics/index.html

Nice to meet so many of you and a huge thank you to Padge for helping me pick my HP2 from out of the ditch as I was just too shattered to do it on my own.
    No worries..It feels so light when I'm used to picking up the ADV.. It's a pity Karma wasn't playing by the rules as I ended up binning it..

and DakarGal for her amazing riding skills
    While on the ground after my little off there was a bunch of lads standin around while good auld Dakar Gal was pushing my Adv to the finish line

Nice bike Tim Like the Tenere (better with high mud guard) beside you to

looks fun

Excellent photos of what looks like to have been a great event, my hats off to all you brave lads and lassies.
    A question for you, I noticed from the photos that a lot of the bikes GSA, Dakars had their screens removed, is this for safety or some other reason?
    Forgive my ignorance

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast