Cambrian Thanks

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There's been a lot of us recalling a fantastic weekend at the Cambrian rally this weekend but we all owe our thanks to Bob Jefferies and his excellent team which made the event possible.:clap

The weather also made the weekend enjoyabale for all those who were not riding.

Thanks especially to the marshalls whose help was especially appreciated.:thumb

One of the few benefits of not fitting rim locks and ripping out the valve on my rear tyre was to spend an entertaining couple of hours with Bob Jeffries and "Gadge" whilst my repatriation was sorted !

It was really nice to speak to them at length and say how much hapless amateurs like me really enjoyed the benefits of the work they did and the whole experience. They were appreciative of my thanks and one or two of the marshals were very happy to point out that they have a bloody great time riding for miles round the course before and after the event as they sort stuff out, such as under prepared duffers like me !

But I agree, they did brilliant work to organise a brilliant event

There's been a lot of us recalling a fantastic weekend at the Cambrian rally this weekend but we all owe our thanks to Bob Jefferies and his excellent team which made the event possible.:clap

Well said that man - It was one of the best, if not the best weekends riding I have ever had and none of it possible without all the hard work put in by the organisers and especially those that did not ride on the day to allow those of us that did that pleasure.......:bow:bow:bow:bow

Many thanks also to everyone who took photos of us so we can remember all the longer especially as my camera developed a fault at the start:(

Next year I think Iwill stay the Sunday night to unwind nd have a few pints before heading home and hopefully buy Bob Jeffries and the others a drink.:thumb2:thumb2

AndyT:cool:

It was my best weekend of off-road trail riding and I enjoyed every minute of it. Excellent effort and planning went into creating a great route. :thumb2

Must agree, it was a great event. Myself and BB1 are home safe, and the rest of the Irish lads are en-route to their respective homes. Im sure I cant fathom the amount of organising it takes to put such an event together. The organisers and marshalls were very chilled out which helped calm the nerves and had no problem explaining (for the umpteenth time no doubt) what we had to do, where we should be etc. Even Bob turned up at the pub on Friday night to answer questions. With so many of us at our first rally, this was a big help. Thanks to Bob, Mandy and the countless marshalls (esp those who helped dislodge my bike from the mud!) for a brilliant weekends riding. The Irish will be back!:aidan

Couldn't have said it any better myself :beerjug:

Well done WTRA.

Yes Bob, please pass our gratitude on to your teams.:thumb2
Regards.
Timpo.

yip many thanks bob+co.
im the one who gave you your first bit of entertainment at the end of the first special section on day one:rolleyes:

What he said! :clap

Thanks also to Foolonastrom and Pumpy for saving the day with an inner tube and tyre levers, allowing me to finish the 3 laps on Sunday.:thumb2

My first and not my last Cambrian, a truly fabulous experience ! I hope Bob and Co realise the the great appreciation felt by the entrants, thank you very very much to all involved. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

What a weekend.:hapybnce:

And a belated thanks from me...

Great weekend. My third one and they get better!
Once again, thanks to Bob and all the rest of the organisers.

It was also a pleasure to meet a few GSers. Before this weekend I only knew Possu. I met Timogra, RickA, LostThePlot, Pumpy, Padge and Mouse. Maybe a few more.

Thanks to Padge for grinning benevolently at me while I took his picture next to his smashed bike. So glad to see you're not more badly hurt Padge.

And thanks to LostThePlot for entertaining me and my buddies by doing a graceful pirouette and get-off while we were having a rest on the stony bend at the top of the narrow rutted wooded section.

Hope to see you all again.

David

Back
Top Bottom