Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Yorkshire & Humberside

Berry's Farm cafe at Swinithwaite between Aysgarth and Leyburn
http://www.berrysfarmshop.com/

Plenty of parking, ample room in the cafe for wet gear and warm.

Stopped for a very nice soup and sandwich a few months back so dropped in for lunch yesterday.
Although I wasn't actually impressed with my turkey meal (dry meat and almost raw veg), I would return as I had enjoyed my previous visit & they do a good variety of cakes which I am yet to sample :thumb

Also did the walk from the cafe down to the River Ure. Yesterday was very muddy and boggy but it would be a good day out in better weather :Motomartin
http://www.berrysfarmshop.com/images/stories/downloads/berrys_meadow_walk.pdf

Berry's Farm cafe at Swinithwaite between Aysgarth and Leyburn
http://www.berrysfarmshop.com/

Plenty of parking, ample room in the cafe for wet gear and warm.

Stopped for a very nice soup and sandwich a few months back so dropped in for lunch yesterday.

+1 for this place - and thanks Elle! I also stopped for soup and a roll at some point last spring and had completely forgotten the name of the place - every time I see a new post on this thread I think "I must mention that place I stopped at up past Buckden, now what was it called...?" I particularly remember how warm it was inside coz it was a 'mite chilly and damp' even by Dales standards!

Barneys on the A18,come off the M180 at Junction 6,and take the A18 towards Humberside Airport,open 7 days a week,its a transport cafe,usually plenty of bikes there on a weekend from Harleys to Fireplaces,good service,excellent sandwichs,and seating inside and out!:aidan

Very good cafe/bakery in Hovingham village mid way between Malton and Helmsley, next to the ford.

:mcgun:beer:

:beerjug:Gave this a go today . Top dollar (cheese and ham scone feast )really good, not cheap but worth it.If ya need or want cheaper you can use bakery as takeout gets my vote :beerjug:

Good cafe

Teacups cafe the auction mart in Pateley Bridge. The breakfast last Saturday was massive. The cafe is in the old school house at the entrance to the auction mart.

One to miss
Manors Cafe, near Leyburn
Called in today, instant coffee was£1.20 a cup
I think the coffee they use is £1.20 a 10 Kg tin
!! Awful
Food was cheap too but poor quality (IMHO )
We won't be back

Barneys on the A18,come off the M180 at Junction 6,and take the A18 towards Humberside Airport,open 7 days a week,its a transport cafe,usually plenty of bikes there on a weekend from Harleys to Fireplaces,good service,excellent sandwichs,and seating inside and out!:aidan

Definitely +1 from me for Barney's my little lad loves going there for his breakfast at a weekend a lot of clubs use it as a meeting/stop off point for ride outs

Rosies cafe in leeds opposite Seacroft hospital, york road. One of the best ' working mans ' cafes I have been too. Huge range of breccys on offer including Irish which has fried soda bread which is delicious. Ideal if you are going to Getgeared / J&S from York side of Leeds.

If i'm on the coast a cup of coffee and a piece of cake always goes down well in the waterfront cafe at Scarborough, the popular bikers cafe spot at Scarborough at the start of marine drive imo is rubbish, have been a couple of times in the past and cant believe how popular it is, and i'm not food fussy!!.

One to miss
Manors Cafe, near Leyburn
Called in today, instant coffee was£1.20 a cup
I think the coffee they use is £1.20 a 10 Kg tin
!! Awful
Food was cheap too but poor quality (IMHO )
We won't be back

Agreed....................Manor Cafe in Bellerby ain't nowt special

Rosies cafe in leeds opposite Seacroft hospital, york road. One of the best ' working mans ' cafes I have been too. Huge range of breccys on offer including Irish which has fried soda bread which is delicious. Ideal if you are going to Getgeared / J&S from York side of Leeds.
I'm told the chip shop on the same rank of shops is excellent too - so you could have a double feast on your ride home!

Cafe in Thirsk

Try the Twilght Tearooms in Thirsk,Richard & Judy the owners are bikers themselfs. Twilight tearooms .Bakers alley just off the Market Place yo7 1hd.:beerjug:

Junction 5 maybe?

DN38 6LB

Dunnies Cafe Otley

Sad to see the recent demise of this great cafe emporium that was located next to the river in Otley.

I've been frequenting Dunnies (Otley Cafe) since 1975 on various bikes - a sad day when it closed a couple of weeks ago.

Always full of bikers and cyclists, must have bee the bargain food and the surrounding roads!

Now looking for another location so the above list will have to be investigated.

If you want a nice steak/onions/chips or chicken tika/chips then visit the cafe in the car park of Wicks DIY, West Bawtry Rd A630, Rotherham (2 mins M1 J33).

Or..

Lily's sandwich shop, A61 Penistone Rd, Hillsborough Sheffield (just past/before Sheff Wed football ground). Large car park at the rear. Bacon butties are small but very very nice. Large selection of buns/cakes.

79339341.jpg

Back
Top Bottom