Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Yorkshire & Humberside

Didn't know it had closed....You was very privileged, they tend to tell you to leave the workshop! and the food is very expensive for what it is....plus....you may have to wait at least a half hour for it on a weekend.
After saying that, it's well worth a visit if you haven't been.

Erm, not sure we are on about the same place here....I had a full breakfast with a pot of tea (3 cups) and 3 slices of toast, she had small break breakfast with toast and coffee. It came to £14. I certainly didn't feel ripped off at £6 and £8 for a good breakfast.

The workshop has glazed panels on its wall so you can stand and watch them working on stuff. One of the lads came out and slide the door open, I asked if I could take a 'glass-less' pic of the garage, he was fine with it (I didn't need to go into the workshop and to be honest wouldn't have been surprised if I'd been shouted at if I had wandered in to a working garage.

Erm, not sure we are on about the same place here....I had a full breakfast with a pot of tea (3 cups) and 3 slices of toast, she had small break breakfast with toast and coffee. It came to £14. I certainly didn't feel ripped off at £6 and £8 for a good breakfast.

The workshop has glazed panels on its wall so you can stand and watch them working on stuff. One of the lads came out and slide the door open, I asked if I could take a 'glass-less' pic of the garage, he was fine with it (I didn't need to go into the workshop and to be honest wouldn't have been surprised if I'd been shouted at if I had wandered in to a working garage.

Was in there Sunday afternoon; we went to the old place first because I didn't know they had moved. The new place is huge, and you now eat in the cafe away from the cars. It still looks like work in progress to be honest, but considering how quickly they've got it up and running again; it's very good. Over £11 for 2 coffees, and 2 pieces of home made cake; but to be fair, it was very nice.

Well Davey if 8 quid for a breakfast and pot of tea or £6 for a small one is what you would call reasonable and you didn't feel "ripped off", then good for you mate, more power to your elbow....Maybe you should try the cake and coffee at only £11 :blast

Well Davey if 8 quid for a breakfast and pot of tea or £6 for a small one is what you would call reasonable and you didn't feel "ripped off", then good for you mate, more power to your elbow....Maybe you should try the cake and coffee at only £11 :blast

:beerjug:
I could get a cheaper breakfast on Bolling Back Lane or a Keighley Industrial Estate but I'd miss out on a free mini museum and general nice ambiance. :rob

Al.....http://thecardingshed.co.uk/

Agreed Davey and that's why I said it was "well worth a visit if you haven't been". Aa for cafes in "Boiling Back Lane" and "Keighley Industrial Estate" I couldn't comment as you seem to have far more experience than me. ;)

Mrs B's Cafe - Pocklington Ind Estate.
Google Map N53.92316° W0.79932°
Spotlessly clean, great fried breakfast, good price :thumb:thumb:thumb

Back
Top Bottom