Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the Thames Valley

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know your recommendations for your favourite biker food drink stop, a GPS waypoint would be good.

How about the Good old ACE CAFE..

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com

Ace Cafe London
Ace Corner
North Circular Road
Stonebridge
London
NW10 7UD

Ace Corner is the junction of Beresford Avenue and the old North Circular Road, between the A40 and the A404 (Harrow Road)

By RoadTravelling anti-clockwise on the North Circular Road: Take the second exit - signposted for Park Royal - after the traffic lights at Brentfields Road (where you'll see Ikea and McDonalds) . Turn right, then right again onto the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on the left.

Travelling clockwise on the North Circular Road: Take the first exit after Hanger Lane - signposted for Park Royal - turn left at the traffic lights & immediately right onto the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on the left

By Public TransportBy British Rail (from Euston) or London Underground (Bakerloo Line): From Stonebridge Park Station, turn right and walk down to the North Circular Road, then right again along the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on your right.

By Bus: Buses 112, 224, 440, and PR2 all stop in front of the Ace or take Bus 18 or N18 to Stonebridge Park.

Stonehenge, whilst there is not a greasy spoon. There is a coffee / sandwhich / cake stop & there is no indoor seating, but taking the back roads makes it a good ride.

Gorge Cafe

... An e-mail from a local mate just reminded me of (hope it's still open): -

Gorge Cafe, 277 Caversham Road, Reading

... South side of Caversham bridge on the roundabout. Parking at the side

... Proper grub, greasy, calorific and cholesterol laden :thumb

Foxes / Harleys linky linky

Oxford Road, Dorchester On Thames, Wallingford, Oxford

A nicer ride than going to the Ace, better coffee too.:thumb2
Monday is the day for meeting there from about 6pm onwards. I have been there on the GS a couple of times, and it did seem to be rice rockets everywhere.

Gorge Cafe still there, sculptured ceiling and all. They do quite a choice these days but the full breaky is best.

Ma Larkins

Another Cafe well worth visiting whilst in Cotswolds

Located north east of Chipping Norton off roundabout
at junction A44 & A361

Foxes Diner

I am prob being a bit slow here but Foxes has transmoglafied into the H cafe with what my missus reckons have some of the worst bogs she has had the missfortune to piss in.Loads of bikes there today for me to look at though, so its not all bad.:comfort

macs cafe on the A4 between thatcham and reading is very good

:thumb2

maxs cafe on the A4 between thatcham and reading is very good
:thumb2

Max's on the A4 just outside Reading as mentioned above.... been serving the passing traveller since 1936 I think?

p1091857.jpg

The Gorge on Caversham road, is open on a Sunday tooo...

Sunday morning at the Gorge..

p433116822.jpg

Back
Top Bottom