Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Scotland

Agree with poor tom, The van on Carter Bar does good bacon rolls.So does the cafe at Rochester on the A68 south of Carter Bar.

The Aurora cafe

The Aurora Is situated at Strathlene near Buckie,excellent cafe with sofas if you just want a coffee and cake or tables if you want a meal. Its in a lovely spot right on the coast,well worth a visit.

Cafe Caan

20 Exchange street Dundee

DD1 3DL

01382 204200

Bike parking at the end of the street or up the pend by the side of the cafe

Bra panini's and homemade cakes/soup etc

Coffee's not too shabby either :cool:

01382 204200

Cafe Caan

DD1 3DL

01382 204200

01382 204200

Are they on the phone Smirky? :D

(Sounds like the very place this Saturday when I'm up there :thumb2)

Cafe Caan

DD1 3DL

01382 204200

01382 204200

I took Smirky's recommendation and dropped into Cafe Caan today. Glad I did too :thumb2 Really spotlessly clean and all home made goodies. Friendly staff, family run and a great cup of coffee. Delish grub and great value. :beerjug:

A bra cafe izzit? :D

I took Smirky's recommendation and dropped into Cafe Caan today. Glad I did too :thumb2 Really spotlessly clean and all home made goodies. Friendly staff, family run and a great cup of coffee. Delish grub and great value. :beerjug:

A bra cafe izzit? :D
did t eastic n the wee hooks no get stuck in yer teeth Ron:augie

Nice wee Cafe just opened on the Crieff to Aberfeldy road at Amulree. Just at the turn for Glen Quaich. Seem a friendly bunch and quite welcoming to bikes. Good coffee and scones.

On my regular run up and down between the Isle of Bute and Dingwall I noticed that the Glencoe Hotel had re-opened so I stopped in there on Friday for a coffee,the new owner Nigel (also a biker) was most welcoming and friendly and seems to be doing a lot to tidy up and promote the place.

There were plenty of diners in the restaurant and the food looked good though I didn't partake as large lunches and bike riding don't sit well with me.

Stopped in again today for a coffee on the way back down and the staff were very friendly even when I spilt my jug of milk all over the floor!.

Well worth a visit if you are passing :thumb2

Stopped in at The Gallie Craig Cafe at the end of the Mull of Galloway. Good service, good value and a cracking run to boot!

lh3.jpg

lighthouse2.jpg

lighthouse1.jpg

I'd just like to give a mention to Skiach services in Evanton. Its just off the A9 following signs to the industrial estate. Its not a touristy place, the location itself is not inspiring but if you are passing through its well worth a stop. Great food, clean, friendly staff, showers available, comfy sofas, TVs.
I have stopped there a few times now over the years when I do the Scottish National Rally, good old style transport cafe, not many of them left now.

The Pier, Lairg, Scotland IV27 4EG. A lovely cafe with good food shortlisted for 'best other eatery' for highlands and islands food and drink awards. If you've come down, or are on the way to Altnaharra, you'll be pleased you stopped off.

In Beauly, near Inverness, the Corner on the Square, http://www.corneronthesquare.co.uk. Cafe and Deli. Not what you'd expect, but in a good way.

And another vote for The Real Food Café, on the A82 by Tyndrum. http://www.therealfoodcafe.com

Great eatery on along the west bank of Loch Lomond, A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui. Unfortunately, to my shame, I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure some better informed tosser from Scotland can help out :eek:

Great battered fish and fabulous apple pie :thumb2

drovers inn?

wheres nice to eat for all day brekky or nice lunch between cairnryan and ayr please

ta

townhead chippy high st biggar

was going fer fish supper but lack of scottish currency forced to buy a lang wan and chips

had to wait but its like they hand cut them :D

worth it :D

Applecross Inn

Stop there for bite to eat at lunch time out of this world, sat outside in hot sunshine perfect.

Rosie's of Romiley
owners a GS nut you can park up right outside
Its like a kiosk on Romiley train station carpark (near Stockport)
Everything home made the soup is to die for and only a quid!

Back
Top Bottom