Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Scotland

We now know that there are indeed 'forms' in Scottish Schools.
I have no affiliation to Strathallan.
Now that we have pointed out that the establishment to which we guess, (hopefully successfully,) Pete was alluding is open this weekend, perhaps we should confine ourselves to talking about places to nosh.

Last edited:
Public schools, that's the key. As said earlier, Strathallan use form, but it is a private school.
And since Posh Pete isn't really posh and taught in Public schools which, of course aren't what they are at all when used to describe the hot houses of the great and the good in Englandshire....

Now that we have pointed out that the establishment to which we guess, (hopefully successfully,) Pete was alluding is open this weekend, perhaps we should confine ourselves to talking about places to nosh.

Did you go out to the Lighthouse at Ardnamurchan Point..? There also used to be a café in the Visitor Centre at the gates to Ardnamurchan Estate when the wooded bit of the road ends. It's a great wee goat track.
We've done the Point a few years back, but don't remember the Visitor Centre, other than the cafe at the lighthouse. The weather last weekend determined that we would head back towards Fort W via the Glenfinnan Viaduct. The weather was maybe crap, but that didn't stop the hordes congregating at the Harry Potter thingy. If it's that busy now, what on earth must it be like in mid summer.

We've done the Point a few years back, but don't remember the Visitor Centre, other than the cafe at the lighthouse. The weather last weekend determined that we would head back towards Fort W via the Glenfinnan Viaduct. The weather was maybe crap, but that didn't stop the hordes congregating at the Harry Potter thingy. If it's that busy now, what on earth must it be like in mid summer.
The shame of it is that due to a spat between West Coast Railways and the Office of Road and Rail, The Jacobite steam services are not going to be running over Glenfinnan for a while at least.

talking about places to nosh.
Anent which, should anyone be taking a trip to Edina, Auld Reekie, Embra etc, I can heartily recommend this place ... https://pomelocafe.co.uk/

Chinese? No. More generally East Asian/Korean and largely veggie/vegan although meat and fish is on the menu. I was sceptical but had lunch there today with HN and the brood and the grub was absolutely delicious.Make sure you book. It's small ish and very popular.
:thumb2

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom