Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Scotland

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know your recommendations for your favourite biker food drink stop, a GPS waypoint would be good.

Kyle of Lochalsh

Kyle of Lochalsh Cafe in carpark next tae the bogs:augie

Portree Granary Somerled Square

Broadford bakery Broadford

Best heartattacks on the Island:thumb2

The Crees Inn, Abernethy, Fife does good pub grub and good coffee Here

The Moulin Hotel isn't exactly "Greasy Spoon" material but very nice and very reasonable all the same :thumb2

Great eatery on along the west bank of Loch Lomond, A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui. Unfortunately, to my shame, I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure some better informed tosser from Scotland can help out :eek:

Great battered fish and fabulous apple pie :thumb2

Castle Stalker tearoom, N56 34.540 W5 22.727. On the A828 between Ballachulish and Connel. Overlooks the castle itself and there is a bike specific car park.

Burger bar, Lochaline Ferry Terminal Ardnamurchan end of A884 (top venison burgers)
Burger bar at top of Glen Ogle (A84)
Powmill Milk bar (cafe to you non Scots) - Powmill A977 / A823
Burger Bar, Arrochar by the Esso station A83
Cafe, Southern end St. Mary's Loch A708

And for decent beers...

Clachaig Inn, Glencoe (Best Real Pub 07) 1 mile north of village on back road
The Mash Tun, Charlestown of Aberlour - On A95 (Good grub and posh digs as well)
The Harbour Inn, Ullapool, between shell garage and ferry terminal on sea front.
The Shore Inn, Lochgoilhead, B839
The Plockton Hotel, Plockton by Kyle of Lochalsh
The Applecross Inn, Applecross (that sticky out bit north of Kyle of Lochalsh)

Glen ogle burger van - A85
Tigh-an-Truish Inn, Clachan Seil - B844
Glen Uig Inn - A861
Ben nevis inn - base o ben nevis ye cannae miss it

Spittal hotel Glenshee - Great run to get there too
'Clatterin brig' tearoom and the south side of the Cairn 'O' Mount
'Alistairs' in Fettercairn
'Peerie Shop' cafe high street Lerwick (Great bacon sanny)

Once you've sampled the excellent roads on the way to Oban, re fuel yourself with the tastiest roast beef at 'The Juicy Roast Cafe' on Argyll St which is just off the main drag at the sea front.

They do full roast dinner or (my favorite) roast beef on a roll............

Central Edinburgh?

The Cafe Camino which is part of St Mary's cathedral at the top of Leith Walk. Great coffee, huge bacon rolls, excellent and reasonable other grub (inc veggie and fair trade) AND you can probably park the bike on the paved area at the front of the cathedral ... there's plenty of room.

There's a good one in Dunvegan near the castle and the other is the Drovers on the A82 near Ardlui. Looks like a ruin on the outside, but once inside past the bear its spot on.

Also for decent beers:
The Ferry Boat Inn, Shore Street, Ullapool (one of my favourite pubs)

Katies Tearoom Birnam

Discovered this place with the BMW auld manies club. Great food and reasonable and the odd biker or two.

I also forgot, much nearer to home the burger van at the round about on the east side of Coupar Angus. Don't think it is open on a Sunday but maybe in Summer.

Back
Top Bottom