Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

Petrolheads Cafe - Boot End, CH6 6HJ Bagilt

Just off the A548 in Bagillt, North Wales.
Owned by a biker. Popular meeting place on Friday evenings. Can't miss it there's a bike on the roof.

My house in Tenby is great for a coffee

Whats more - talk nicely and it's free

So if anyone's staying overnight or passing through - get in touch in advance - provide a free coffee/show you the beer stops as well and I'll buy all the beers too :p

david@thedaftwayround.com

http://www.thedaftwayround.com

Well, fekk me Betty.:blast

I have only just opened this thread and your place sprung to mind straight away. But I thought I'd better not say owt as you're so shy.

But, as ya blowing your own trumpet all I can say to the rest is stay fekkin clear.

( Just in case I decide to call in.)

ROR BOL LOL .

Well, fekk me Betty.:blast

I have only just opened this thread and your place sprung to mind straight away. But I thought I'd better not say owt as you're so shy.

But, as ya blowing your own trumpet all I can say to the rest is stay fekkin clear.

( Just in case I decide to call in.)

ROR BOL LOL .

You stalking me Timbo?

You've stayed enough times here - drank my coffee - ate all the pies - drank most of the beer - you ungrateful tw*t!

LOL

Wendy's cafe

I agree with P W Cymru. Llandovery cafe allways been good meeting place for the bikers.but think they have new ownership now. silly prices for a caff now.
Found a nice place last week after passing through Llandovery on the the road to Llanwrtyd wells just past the sugar loaf. in the layby on the left 2miles before the town. little green porta'cabin cafe. wendy's. really friendly and .no rip off prices.
eat in or outside under the pine trees if the sunshines !

If you have not been there the Dolwyn cafe which is located on the Newtown to Llanidloes road (A470) approximately 12 miles from Newtown and 2 miles from Llanidloes,its on the same plot as a TATA dealership,the food is fantastic,the warm welcome brilliant,i stop there every year going to and from the Dragon rally with a load of mates,have a full Brekky and then some jam sponge and custard,there is always a good choice of cooked dinners too plus the portions are of a good size

Totally agree! A mate of mine and myself stopped there last year and had a cracking homemade steak pie and chips, they also gave us free bread and butter :)

Llandovery west end cafe

http://www.westendcafe.co.uk/

parking outside or in public car park just opposite

great place to meet before heading off to black mountains

always ramped with bikers and bikes of all shapes and sizes

West End Cafe Llandovery

I had a meal there on Sunday and it was awful, not to mention expensive
. Now I know why all the other lads go to the one in the petrol station, just west of Sennybridge on the A40

whistlestop cafe

Whistlestop Cafe HTM ind estate Rhuddlan north wales.

Fantastic food ,great prices. Fast service.
Warm atmosphere surrounded by bikers alike.
Notice board with regional info,mags and papers to read.
Fill your belly then burn it off with a ride via abergele and llanrwst to betws-y-coed. Cut through Beddgelert to porthmadog and back to the a5 via llanfestiniog and ysbyty ifan. WOW great road. Nice places to eat in porthmadog. And if you have room Rhyg estate nr Corwen on a5 for a Buffalo Burger, have had many good reviews of here.

Whistlestop Cafe HTM ind estate Rhuddlan north wales.

Fantastic food ,great prices. Fast service.
Warm atmosphere surrounded by bikers alike.
Notice board with regional info,mags and papers to read.
Fill your belly then burn it off with a ride via abergele and llanrwst to betws-y-coed. Cut through Beddgelert to porthmadog and back to the a5 via llanfestiniog and ysbyty ifan. WOW great road. Nice places to eat in porthmadog. And if you have room Rhyg estate nr Corwen on a5 for a Buffalo Burger, have had many good reviews of here.

The main attraction of the Whistlestop for me is the stunning blonde waitress:thumb

As for the Rhug, it's a commercial rip off under the guise of an organic countryside enterprise (I used to rent one of their houses), made even worse recently as they extended to cope with, and make even more money from passing tourists....good burgers though:)

where would be good to get a brekky in holyhead on a monday morning

Diolch :D

Cafe Gwynant

At the side of the lovely road from Beddgelert to Pen y Pass on the A498 near to where the Watkin Path starts up yr Wyddfa (that's Snowdon), as you probably know the whole of Eryri (Snowdonia) is brilliant for biking. It's a converted chapel just above the road and with a parking space reserved for bikes right by the entrance, they opened specially for the Llyn Biker meet on their off day a couple of weeks ago. The owner used to be chef at Port Meirion, the cakes are to die for, so if you are a diabetic this is a place to avoid, trust me!:D

More at:
http://www.cafesnowdon.co.uk/

I had a meal there on Sunday and it was awful, not to mention expensive
. Now I know why all the other lads go to the one in the petrol station, just west of Sennybridge on the A40

Sennybridge service Station every time!

West End cafe is over-priced, over-rated and only full of bikers as it is a poseurs paradise

take your pick

spinnakers - betws y coed - watch the world go by

ninos - rhos on sea - open late

whistlestop - rhuddlan - full breakfast & builders tea

Liverpool Arms - conwy quay - unique setting

min y morfa farm shop - bodelwyddan - best breakfast

stag - llangernew - best sunday lunch

The Honey Cafe, Bronllys LD3 0LH does very nice cakes.

Just off the A479 near the junction with the A438.

N.Wales secret.

I'd like to be selfish about this place to keep special, but the owner deserves recognition: FITZPATRICKS in the middle of Bethesda, you'll see the Triton in the window, and has a raised decked area out back over a fast running rugged Welsh river, with far reaching mountain views. With a great biker friendly atmosphere, memorabilia, service, quality and price. Nuff said.

Wavecrest Cafe

Here's an absolute gem of a café. It's the Wavecrest Café at Church Bay on Anglesey.
Called in there today for lunch, I had home made cheese and onion pie with chunky chips and salad accompanied by a proper builders brew tea - lovely.
It's in a beautiful spot over-looking the sea and the food and service is spot on, everything is home made.
So next time you take a ride onto Angelsey stay clear of the A55 and make your lunch stop at the Wavecrest Café I guarantee you won't be dissapointed.

Attachments

• IMG-20130529-00038.jpg
    IMG-20130529-00038.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 396

Back
Top Bottom