Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

If you're in Llanberis, I'd head to Pete's Eats. :thumb

M
As above, you can take the opportunity to go up Lanberis Pass before rejoining the A5 (if that’s the way you're going) at Capel Curig. Having said that, there are plenty of other fun ways of crossing Snowdonia other than the A5 of course. Enjoy the ride whichever way you choose, and good luck with the weather.
:thumb2

Tregaron

Me and a couple of mates called in a little cafe in Tregaron last Sunday, The Hungry Goose, it’s also a B&B with two en suite rooms. Good menu for breakfast and lunches, and we had some great banter with some elderly locals.

Has something happened? You fúckers don't seem to have been scoffing many bacon butties for some time.

Update: Castle chippy in Talgarth is now crap. Been there twice in last couple of months. Both occasion I was disappointed with the batter and the chips were soggy. The oil had loads of burnt bits in it that coated the chips.

New one to me, but passed many times as it is between Talgarth & Crickhowell at Cwmddu on the A479, just before it joins the A40. Mynydd Ddu Tea rooms - had lunch today, it was not bad. Really nice Rijo coffee from fresh beans. Food okay except the bread used from my BLT was sliced white. I might ask if they have a different bread should I visit again.

New one to me, but passed many times as it is between Talgarth & Crickhowell at Cwmddu on the A479, just before it joins the A40. Mynydd Ddu Tea rooms - had lunch today, it was not bad. Really nice Rijo coffee from fresh beans. Food okay except the bread used from my BLT was sliced white. I might ask if they have a different bread should I visit again.

were you in a gang of BM's ?

I called into Crossgates on the A44 last week, a decent breakfast, plenty of parking indoor/outdoor seating.

Lampeter

We’ve recently done quite a bit of riding around West Wales , mostly very much off the beaten track, our lunch stop has been Granny’s Kitchen along the high street in Lampeter, great food and banter with the staff.

Has something happened? You fúckers don't seem to have been scoffing many bacon butties for some time.

Update: Castle chippy in Talgarth is now crap. Been there twice in last couple of months. Both occasion I was disappointed with the batter and the chips were soggy. The oil had loads of burnt bits in it that coated the chips.

Good spot,glad Mynydd Ddu are open again .
Welshpool airfield does good food but closed Monday/Tuesday.

We’ve recently done quite a bit of riding around West Wales , mostly very much off the beaten track, our lunch stop has been Granny’s Kitchen along the high street in Lampeter, great food and banter with the staff.

Passed through there the other day, looks good - if you are going that way again and fancy a bit of company, happy to tag along for a breakfast and ride.

Great breakfast in Sennybridge Glanusk today. Plenty of GS riders stopped in, any from here?

Passed there this morning on the RT on the way to Aberystwyth for Fish & Chip by the sea then ice cream in Aberaeron.
Very nice too.

Passed there this morning on the RT on the way to Aberystwyth for Fish & Chip by the sea then ice cream in Aberaeron.
Very nice too.

the chippy on the Quay at Aberaeron is good. I usually head there rather than Aberystwyth. I like the small town vibe, plus I was born on a farm near there at Pennant, so rather biased.

the chippy on the Quay at Aberaeron is good. I usually head there rather than Aberystwyth. I like the small town vibe, plus I was born on a farm near there at Pennant, so rather biased.

Yes I prefer the chippy in Aberaeron but I always end up there as a default so thought I'd change the record.

As long as I get my ice cream I'm happy :)

My Grandfather was born in Aberarth so had a bit of family history with the area too.

Yes I prefer the chippy in Aberaeron but I always end up there as a default so thought I'd change the record.

As long as I get my ice cream I'm happy :)

My Grandfather was born in Aberarth so had a bit of family history with the area too.

my birth certificate says I was born in Llanddewi Aberarth but my father's address, the same place, is given as ****wen Farm, Pennant!

Back
Top Bottom