Show us pictures of your GS 650

Does it count if you got it there on the back of a 4x4? :hide
Yes it does. :bow

IMG_2973.jpg

Does it count if you got it there on the back of a 4x4? :hide

That's how Dakar bikes get to the Start of the rally isn't it ?????:blast

Yes it counts, as does bringing it home in one peice :blast:blast:blast:blast:blast

An Adventure doesn't have to mean doing twelvety million miles on your own with just a Men only magazine and a credit card for company. Lifes an adventure, I sometimes turn my sat nav off so that I don't know where I'm going :D:D:D:D

My little XC in Morocco, ready for the 'off'
Maroc08305.jpg

And a brace of them that had escaped from captivity - you can see Daithi trying to round them up again :D
Maroc08301.jpg

Ponderosa

This is my current 650, Chris Emmerson's ex Dakar Rallye bike, fitted with just about everything:thumb2

I'm sure I stood and checked this bike out for a while up at the Ponderosa early in the year, prob around early Feb...Looked awesome...and yes...it had all the good bits :thumb

Picking this up on Saturday

Yes it's not the right colour...but it's a Dakar:rob

Attachments

• 05 Dakar.JPG
    05 Dakar.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,226
This is my current 650, Chris Emmerson's ex Dakar Rallye bike, fitted with just about everything:thumb2

I'm sure I stood and checked this bike out for a while up at the Ponderosa early in the year, prob around early Feb...Looked awesome...and yes...it had all the good bits :thumb

I new I had seen your bike before...here's a snap I took up at the Ponderosa...2nd Feb...I did stand in awe just looking at it, and all the kit aboard it...months before I even considered getting my own F650! I was then, and still am very jealous :green gri

Attachments

• Cool GS.jpg
    Cool GS.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,185
I new I had seen your bike before...here's a snap I took up at the Ponderosa...2nd Feb...I did stand in awe just looking at it, and all the kit aboard it...months before I decided to get my own F650! I was and still am very jealous :green gri

And here's another, just to show the forum what a REAL Dakar is kitted out with:rob (I hope Timolgra doesn't mind!)

Attachments

• Cool GS kit.jpg
    Cool GS kit.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,185
Here's my 2001 Dakar a couple of months ago, part way through aface lift. Will get some more pics up once I have finished changing the sprocket bearings.

DSC_0001.jpg

My GS in short rally trim, not big tanks fitted, but still has the WP suspenders touratech everything etc.

BMW_003207.JPG

Currently in Motard trim being used on the road, looks even better with the tard wheels I will try and take a picture of that trim tomorrow

Mine, with the previous owner being the offroad school...so I don't want to know how many times anyone here has crashed it!

BoxHillPictures005.jpg

Hmm was it you that was at Newlands Corner last Sunday with the bunch from f650.co.uk?

Yes, it was me! Looking at your signature I reckon I must have spoken to you!

Last edited:
Here's one of Kleine Blumen's little bike 'Bumble'.
Just been washed after our little off road excursion today.
Everything was going swimmingly until a deep narrow tyre rut stopped her dead and she flipped off the front :blast

She's alright though :thumb2 and Jill's sore ribs will mend in time too :thumb

I'll get around to posting a pic of my latest acquisition someday unless your at the Hograost you'll see it then. It's easy to spot, it's not in standard colours you see.

Val.

Attachments

• DSCN2030.jpg
    DSCN2030.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,037
My 2 Spark GS with Despatch Panniers on Metal Mule frames using Touratech fittings:-

100_2747-1.jpg

F650

I picked this 94 Funduro up from the Isle of Wight yesterday, with just under 22000 miles showing and a very good price, thanks Ian. Will do me as a winter commuter as well as my 03 1150GSA. But i hope to get some knobblies on it for a bit of fun before then. :thumb2

Attachments

• F650 funduro.JPG
    F650 funduro.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,920

Back
Top Bottom