It's a long way to Tipperary. 18/19/20 July 2008

See you there :beerjug:

Will we? Brakes fixed yet or will you flaunting your feminine side in your alternative transport solution?

:augie

P_D+509.jpg

Will we? Brakes fixed yet or will you flaunting your feminine side in your alternative transport solution?

:augie

P_D+509.jpg

No , tried everything :(

No Servo :(

Brake light on permantley :(

Relays checked tapped and swore at :(

Rear brake light switch removed and works seperatly with a bulb and wire to battery :(

Unplugged all cables to rear light and light still on :(

Rear light unit cleaned and shiny :(

Tank of , all plugs cleaned :(

Only got front switch left to do :(

But they want an extra £223 to take the Micra :(

...................................... :nenau

Heres RTE's take on the weather for the weekend, usually fairly reliable.
3 Day Outlook
Friday night will be cloudy, with occasional rain or drizzle. The rain will be persistent in northern parts of the country, but further south it will be more intermittent, with parts of the far south receiving very little. Saturday will see further outbreaks of rain, some of these may be heavy and persistent. The rain will turn more showery later in the day, with moderate to fresh northwesterly winds and temperatures in the mid to high-teens. There will be a dry start on Sunday, some rain and light drizzle will develop in the afternoon. There will be some sunny spells too, with temperatures similar to Saturday's, and winds will ease. On Monday there will be more outbreaks of rain, some of these will be heavy, especially in northern areas.

Doesn't look too bad does it?

Saturday will see further outbreaks of rain, some of these may be heavy and persistent.

Doesn't look too bad does it?

:eek:

Well, I suppose everything is relative..but.........that does look fairly bad. :eek:

Goretex, second only to the wheel.:thumb2

See ya there, aiming to arrive about 5:00 (ish).:D

Have fun and ride safe You Folks

I was hoping to make this one but got an insect bite on the shin and ended up with cellulitus! My lower leg got just what ya might call bloody swollen and painful! I was threatened with Hospital and IV drips if it didn't clear up!

So anyway still hoppin around and much as I want to it makes sense to behave and stay off it!

And before you cnuts start!!!!

Cellulitus
Cellulitis is unrelated to cellulite, a cosmetic condition featuring dimpling of the skin

OK, today's the day, and I've decided to skip work and catch and earlier ferry:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Scratch that :( Didn't get done in time to leave for the earlier ferry. Back to plan A.
We can offer an overnight stop in Carmarthen to a fellow Tosser if required - it's about 45mins ride from Pembroke and Fishguard, but allow an hour to be safe. There's an empty town centre flat just round the corner from our house, so if a Tosser wanted somewhere to kip before catching a ferry tomorrow PM me. I'm not sure if there's electric at the flat (the tenant moved out a week ago) but we all have torches and it's within a 5 mins walk of the town centre / pub / restaurant so you won't starve. :D There's no parking at the flat, but bikes can be parked in a secure area just 2 mins walk away. There's no charge - make a donation to the charity. :thumb2

Thinking about it, I suppose there's nothing stopping someone using it on the way back too. The offer's there if it's needed.

Enjoy yourselfs :beerjug:

Bike not to good :(

Had a little accident on last trip involving a dog and an offroad excursion including a rock and a pot hole :eek:

Didn't think to much of it untill luggage removed , bike cleaned , new tyre fitted and then a good thrash around Weardale :nenau

No handling , front weave and wobble , falls hard into a left hand bend , no rear suspension , forks twisted and front rim flattened on off side , oh and the servo mucking about :blast

So its getting plugged in on Monday for any faults and a check to see what can be mended or replaced :(

Never claimed on my insurance for a bike before so i'll inquire what im covered for :confused:

Should be ready for Skye :bounce1

Enjoy yourselfs and give her one , sorry i mean't have one for me :beer:

PS , going to push my bike to The Rosedene and set up my tent and spend 2 days getting drunk by myself while pretending you've all gone on a 2 day road ride :mmmm

PPS , nothing new there then ............ :rolleyes:

We can offer an overnight stop in Carmarthen to a fellow Tosser if required - it's about 45mins ride from Pembroke and Fishguard, but allow an hour to be safe. There's an empty town centre flat just round the corner from our house, so if a Tosser wanted somewhere to kip before catching a ferry tomorrow PM me. I'm not sure if there's electric at the flat (the tenant moved out a week ago) but we all have torches and it's within a 5 mins walk of the town centre / pub / restaurant so you won't starve. :D There's no parking at the flat, but bikes can be parked in a secure area just 2 mins walk away. There's no charge - make a donation to the charity. :thumb2

Thinking about it, I suppose there's nothing stopping someone using it on the way back too.

:clap:clap:clap

Proper offer that!!!

I'm only in Neath at the moment myself, so won't have the need, but really appreciate the offer.

Top Man:bow:bow

:eek:

Well, I suppose everything is relative..but.........that does look fairly bad. :eek:

Goretex, second only to the wheel.:thumb2

See ya there, aiming to arrive about 5:00 (ish).:D

The latest, might be the Mandy factor

"A bright fresh day on Saturday with sunny spells and scattered showers. Some of the showers will be heavy. They'll become confined to Ulster and Leinster during the afternoon and die out towards evening. Highest temperatures of 14 to 19 degrees with blustery northwest winds, which will ease as the day goes on.

3 Day Outlook

Saturday night will be a clear night and mostly dry. There will be a dry start on Sunday, some rain and light drizzle will develop in the afternoon. There will be some sunny spells too, with temperatures in the high-teens in the south of the country, but cooler in the north. Winds will back northwest to west and will ease. On Monday rain will move in off the Atlantic during the morning, with some heavy bursts along the western coasts of Connacht and Munster. Temperatures again in the mid to high-teens, warmest in the southeast, with moderate southwesterly breezes. Tuesday will see some showers along the west coast of the country. Elsewhere it should be drier and brighter, with some sunny spells. Temperatures may reach the twenty degree mark in parts of the midlands and Leinster, with moderate to fresh southwesterly winds. "
from www.met.ie

Back
Top Bottom