640 adventure

What have you done altogether Tim?

On another note, are you thinking of doing your Iceland tripS next year?

What have you done altogether Tim?

On another note, are you thinking of doing your Iceland tripS next year?

Too much to list everything I've done to this bike! :D
Yes Iceland is on for next year and by no means sure its on this year due to
the uncertainty of flights :(

Yes tank guards and fairing are carbon fibre, light as a feather and very tough.

Attachments

• 20190401_162838-01-01.jpg
    20190401_162838-01-01.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 284
Timolgra always builds stunning bikes, honed to perfection and nothing that isn’t functional mechanical or aesthetically

Ha ha thank you JB perfection is something to strive for but never achieved.....or is it?
What is perfection? :D

I like the fairing, not seen that before are they still made or was it a one off?

To be fair dont need it just like the idea of a more upright screen and the carbon helps, only thing I think I need is to firm up the front a bit, but a little hesitant to start pulling the forks apart until I have a good idea of whats needed

Ha ha thank you JB perfection is something to strive for but never achieved.....or is it?
What is perfection? :D

I think you get close, with your bikes,in the stable and you have a great wife too...............so maybe you've cracked it;)

I like the fairing, not seen that before are they still made or was it a one off?

To be fair dont need it just like the idea of a more upright screen and the carbon helps, only thing I think I need is to firm up the front a bit, but a little hesitant to start pulling the forks apart until I have a good idea of whats needed

The fairing was a short run from Australia and no longer made although I believe you can buy similar in fibre glass now.
For years I fashioned a 650 Dakar screen which was solid and worked well but combined was much heavier. There's probably pics of it in this thread.

Open Chamber forks are quite straight forward to strip and maintain, my bike has the same spring rate on the front as a 950adv with changes to the valving and stronger rear spring.
It's always worth stripping and cleaning the forks regularly as the rebound needle can become seized.

Great bikes these, I do miss mine. Yours looks outstanding Tim.

13e7f1920d3272e3678c932acf89b119.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Great bikes these, I do miss mine. Yours looks outstanding Tim.

13e7f1920d3272e3678c932acf89b119.jpg

Very nice Nin, great colours and love the shape of the earlier screens :)

Just fitted new valves, seats cut, new cam and followers etc etc. Fired up first time this afternoon and running smoother and sweeter than ever :bounce1

Attachments

• 141077538_114529713823854_8505706140413581424_n.jpg
    141077538_114529713823854_8505706140413581424_n.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 168
Also rebuilt the forks again with different valving, just hope I can get to test it sometime.
20210121_152023-01-XL.jpg

Love it Tim. Trying my best to emulate the 640 in my airhead build!

View attachment 483482

Nice find Nin!
I sold a mint 640 fairing a while back as it was surplus since using a carbon fibre one but still have my original one...just in case :D
Also have a spare nice 640 tank and had been thinking of going all black....Perhaps I need to ply Rocky Burns with Jaffa Cakes as he's good with paint :)

Nice find Nin!
I sold a mint 640 fairing a while back as it was surplus since using a carbon fibre one but still have my original one...just in case :D
Also have a spare nice 640 tank and had been thinking of going all black....Perhaps I need to ply Rocky Burns with Jaffa Cakes as he's good with paint :)

Just about to order some more black pain tomorrow ;)

There’s a beauty for sale on the KTM forum - 2005, one owner and never been off-road. Norn Iron based and a bit too much for me but looks lovely.

Back
Top Bottom