640 adventure

Ah, that makes sense! Do you still have the pegs off your 640 or are they now on the 690? Your bike's an 05 or 06 right, so the CJ Designs extensions should fit. Fancy selling em if you still have em?

I originally had pivot pegs without the extensions on the 640 which I put on the 690 Lee, so no longer have them.

Mine's an 06 so the same as your's.

The extensions take a little getting used to, by that I mean you may miss the back brake in a moment of terror at first:D

Standard pegs are fine, exactly the same as I have on the Husaberg ..... save the money for a good tent ;)

I posted it, for you

:kissy2

It's interesting he noticed the bike has the unusual characteristic of getting smoother the longer it's ridden, mine does this :beerjug:

Not sure about his bike stalling on slow descents and having to use the decompressor to prevent it, perhaps the tickover was set too low, the idle mixture was wrong or maybe mine doesn't do it due to the FCR carb.

Yes Mark, the kick start incident made me chuckle too, especially the Catholic clergy and bearing the bike no malice comments :D

Load of things to do this winter, including some rewiring but the '2017 trip bike' will look more like this with a carbon fibre fairing :beerjug:

DSCF3528-XL.jpg

Load of things to do this winter, including some rewiring but the '2017 trip bike' will look more like this with a carbon fibre fairing :beerjug:

DSCF3528-XL.jpg

Really like the look of that. My brother should never have sold his one that Sgt Bilco should have also never sold previously ...!

Really like the look of that. My brother should never have sold his one that Sgt Bilco should have also never sold previously ...!

I did a load of preventative maintenance work to that bike for Lee who also should never have sold it :D

All this talk of 640,s recently got me thinking about getting one,:blast
A customer hapened to mention that he was thinking of selling his 05 adventure,so we have agreed a deal:clap
Good points,one owner ,its unmolested.
Bad points,60k miles,average to scruffy cond,instruments don't work,
I'll post some pics once I have my dirty paws on it,
But I'm thinking of pulling the motor apart and doing a preemptive rebuild before it grenades itself( overkill or not????????)
I'll probably end up giving it a full refurb front to back because I'm a bit OCD with my bikes as you can imagine :p
Any links to good bedtime reading?
I'll need to lower it a bit as well,As I'm a shorty,so if anyone has personal experience of a lowered bike(Archie??)

Ive come across another one that appears to be good value, there's another first in line to see it though - got to think about what my 640 ADV needs are

- got to think about what my 640 ADV needs are

Decent front wheel, f&r suspension improved, more lively carb, rear sub frame beefed up, and that's just the start! ..... then there's the motor :D

I am currently running around on an 05 KTM Adventure and enjoying it, it came with TT panniers and the only TT rack I have ever seen that was not rusty. Best of all was the price as it was a freebie, my son had just come back from a European holiday on it and needed the space so apparently I can use it until I get bored :)

Decent front wheel, f&r suspension improved, more lively carb, rear sub frame beefed up, and that's just the start! ..... then there's the motor :D
Talk to me about carb/ motor,went up the road on it briefly,seemed on a par with my funduro,nice!
Could do with more mid range grunt,suppose that's the lightweight engine flywheel.
Pumper carb??
The futures bright,lol

Back
Top Bottom