640 adventure

big simp

Reaction score
Just wondered how many KTM 640 Adventure,s also belong to GS guys as a second bike, bit off a roll call if you like.
Steve

Attachments

• DSC02057.JPG
    DSC02057.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,494
nice bike Steve :thumb2

ditch the GS then or do you like twins? :aidan

Hi Steve,
There's at least another two of us, myself and RickA.
Welcome to the site. :thumb2
Mark

What are they like for taking off-road ?
I’ve had a couple of 650GS`s, they were great, but a bit heavy for serious off-roading.
Is the 640 a similar beast?

My personal opinion, having bought one for its off-road ability, is that it is superior to the 650 GS in that department. A bit more of a handfull than my 250, but very competent.
Mark

I ran both an 1150 Adventure and 640 Adventure for a while, the 640 was incredibly competent on and off road despite having quite a high all-in weight when the tank was full.

Both gone now and replaced with a HP2 however I am sure I will have another KTM one day as they are truly brilliant machines

Sweet

Sweet looking bike – I’m torn between the KTM & the 800 GS, although I would have to chop in my Africa Twin for either :tears

nice bike Steve :thumb2

ditch the GS then or do you like twins? :aidan

Hi Trev no still got the GS, and the R80 Basic, love me twins but also very fond off a smaller single like the 640 Adv, vibey but you get used to it, always have had a soft spot for anything Orange that said Katoom up the side off it.
Steve

How does the 650GS and the KTM640 Adv compare on road?

Not so sure David about the 650 as i havent had the pleasure off riding one as yet, but the KTM is a very good bike to say the least,tall it is, but not everyones taste at "905 " seat height.

hi steve
I'm greedy and own a 1200gsa,ktm640(05)and 450exe(04) all used offroad just choose lanes to suit bike

My 640, used for Rally comps and 'big bike' trailrides. Use the 450 Berg or the 300 Katoom for the gnarly stuff.

The 640 is a lovely long-distance trail bike and a very competent off roader.

Cheers, Rick.

Attachments

• KTM 640.jpg
    KTM 640.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,314
My 640, used for Rally comps and 'big bike' trailrides. Use the 450 Berg or the 300 Katoom for the gnarly stuff.

The 640 is a lovely long-distance trail bike and a very competent off roader.

Cheers, Rick.

Do like the the front guard on your bike to be honest Rick :thumb
steve

Mine has been converted to that now too. I prefer the look of the low guard, but it just isn't practical in the conditions we want to use it in this country.
Mark

Here's a couple of pics of mine
web.jpg

This one was taken on Saturday night at the Les Marmottes Rally at St Veran, France
web.jpg

The New Forest on New Year's Day
web.jpg

Good value?

Found this for sale;

2004 04 640 Adv, 8500miles, handguards , stndrd low mudgaurd, pannier frames ( no cases) and Akrapovic .

£3700.

What do you guts reckon ?

Similar deal to mine Ian. What do you want to use it for? Give me a bell and I'll try to help.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom