A Run to the Hills. Donegal 2008

I've just checked my rota and I'm up for this one. Can anyone advise the best ferry to get over there from Scotland:thumb

I'll book my digs in the morning when I have sorted the ferry as I may stay the Sunday night too:augie

AndyT:cool:

Andy, depending on what's handiest for you there's ferries from Troon & Cairnryan to Larne or Stranraer to Belfast. These guys are cheaper than the ferry companies themselves. Or try these guys.

And if ya arrive at the right time ya might be able to run across to Donegal with one or two of local lads :aidan

Just booked, me and the wife. Looking forward to it! Last one I did was Hand Hotel in Llangollen, and that was good.

Andy, depending on what's handiest for you there's ferries from Troon & Cairnryan to Larne or Stranraer to Belfast. These guys are cheaper than the ferry companies themselves. Or try these guys.

And if ya arrive at the right time ya might be able to run across to Donegal with one or two of local lads :aidan

Hi Jockster - I've just seen this. The Troon to Larne is best for me, I did a bit of liaising with Aidan and Tuned the other night and sorted it out.:thumb2
see you there

AndyT

Get yourself up to Letterkenny for about 10 or 10-30 on the Saturday morning Trev. See you there. :thumb2

All being well i hope to make it for this run, will not be able to stay overnight:(but looking forward to it:thumb2

Hi Jockster - I've just seen this. The Troon to Larne is best for me, I did a bit of liaising with Aidan and Tuned the other night and sorted it out.:thumb2
see you there

AndyT

Hi Andy,

Good to hear you're coming over for this one. Should be a good laugh. Any of the other hooligans from over there thinking of coming over??

A question ?????????? Falcoron and I are sending delicate smoke signals regarding this event to our beloved womenfolk with the "Hope" that they recieve the requests well and allow us a weekend furlow :aidan :aidan

IF we can do a night then we'll maybe do that BUT If We're going to run away from home early in the morning ????

Is there a plan for the Saturday morning. I think I'm going to be limited to a road / gravel run as I haven't got off road capabilities BUT I'm working on a pair of distanzia's Which I believe I can fit to my 17F / 18R inch 3 spoke alloys combination
Location / time / start route in case we're delayed

oiy!

A question ?????????? Falcoron and I are sending delicate smoke signals regarding this event to our beloved womenfolk with the "Hope" that they recieve the requests well and allow us a weekend furlow :aidan :aidan

IF we can do a night then we'll maybe do that BUT If We're going to run away from home early in the morning ????

Is there a plan for the Saturday morning. I think I'm going to be limited to a road / gravel run as I haven't got off road capabilities BUT I'm working on a pair of distanzia's Which I believe I can fit to my 17F / 18R inch 3 spoke alloys combination
Location / time / start route in case we're delayed

Yep stole me fecking spare distanzia he did:augie
Mad as a hatter:bounce1

Is there a plan for the Saturday morning.

Generally we like to get on the road for about 10-30 for the road run Jaythro. There will be a recce soon and once we know the distance and time it will take to do the run we will announce the starting time, but if you budget for 10-30 you will be safe enough I'm sure.

I haven't been speaking to Kyle or Will lately about the off-road run but I'm sure they will be looking to get away at around the same time.

Anyway, why don't ye bring the girlies along for the run? I'm sure they wouldn't mind some drinking and shopping if they're not into bikes. :) :p

:hide

Anyway, why don't ye bring the girlies along for the run? I'm sure they wouldn't mind some drinking and shopping if they're not into bikes.
Eeeeeeeeeeeekkk Shush Fer Feck Sake they'll Hear!!!

Seriously tho My Wifey teaches Kids Swimmin Classes on Saturday Mornings and Rons Mrs has the wee uns too I think?

It would be an indoctrination to the ways of the NI Tossers and great to put some "faces" to "handles"

Besides If We're Good boys we'll get let out to play again!! :aidan :aidan :aidan

As lOng as you don't mention shopping Aidan!

By the way are you not a dead body lying by a bin? Most Excellent Mischief on both your parts I think Den did the other bit LOL

yesir!

Generally we like to get on the road for about 10-30 for the road run Jaythro. There will be a recce soon and once we know the distance and time it will take to do the run we will announce the starting time, but if you budget for 10-30 you will be safe enough I'm sure.

I haven't been speaking to Kyle or Will lately about the off-road run but I'm sure they will be looking to get away at around the same time.

Anyway, why don't ye bring the girlies along for the run? I'm sure they wouldn't mind some drinking and shopping if they're not into bikes. :) :p

:hide

Sounds good Aidan.
Never been off road before so will definatly need some engine bars fitted.
Wonder how the Trail attacks will fare:eek:
Jeez more bling:augie
Will it ever end? :nenau

Hi Andy,

Good to hear you're coming over for this one. Should be a good laugh. Any of the other hooligans from over there thinking of coming over??

Hei Orla,
I'm not sure to be honest if anyone north of the border is heading over so will put a post up. I'm hoping to meet Tuned over at your end and get the scenic coastal route.

See you and Eoin over there, can't wait:thumb2

froggie

Davidgibson999,

I see you are----- "off on the road to morocco"-- in April. I'm hoping to head south that way in the Autumn, so if you have any hints, tips or suggestions either before or after (most particularly) I would be delighted to benefit from your experience

Howya,

Just booked myself and George Wicks for the two nights and the dinner.
Will leave Dublin Friday midday, wondering where to go for a spin on the way ....

Bin

Hi Aidan,

that's me and young Jerryjunior booked in for the weekend. lets hope it matches last year. I am going across on the superfast from Stranraer and plan to take another run around the Antrim coast. Can anyone remind me what was the name of that bonney seaside town we all met up at last year, was it Ballycastle?

would be pleased to meet up with any of the Scots or Belfast lads if you intend to take a similar route?

Jerry :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom