Bluetooth on Zumo 550 keeps disconnecting ??

Radar_UK

Reaction score
My Zumo 550 cannot seem to keep a bluetooth connection going with my BlackBerry Pearl - it connects then almost immediately comes up Phone Disconnected and keeps connecting/disconnecting constantly till I turn one of them off !

It used to run fine but I am pretty sure it has started doing this since I updated the Bluetooth module firmware via webupdater though cannot be 100% sure.

Is there any way or uninstalling the firmware upgrade or does anyone know how to fix this issue ? The phone connects fine with other devices and I have deleted the partnership etc. and reset it up again but with no joy.

Any advice would be much appreciated !

My Zumo 550 cannot seem to keep a bluetooth connection going with my BlackBerry Pearl - it connects then almost immediately comes up Phone Disconnected and keeps connecting/disconnecting constantly till I turn one of them off !

It used to run fine but I am pretty sure it has started doing this since I updated the Bluetooth module firmware via webupdater though cannot be 100% sure.

Is there any way or uninstalling the firmware upgrade or does anyone know how to fix this issue ? The phone connects fine with other devices and I have deleted the partnership etc. and reset it up again but with no joy.

Any advice would be much appreciated !

FWIW, mine's started doing that too only every 5-10 minutes or so. I've a Nokia 6330i...

Yes, you can back-rev the Bluetooth firmware.
First, grab the older firmware file from here. This is version 2.4.

Unzip it, and copy it to the Zumo: \Garmin\RemoteSW\

Go to the speedo screen and hold your finger on the speedo for 10 seconds. This will open up the status/diagnostics screen. Hit next/down a few times until you get the Bluetooth screen, then hit the [Update P] button. Reboot.

You'll need to re-pair all your BT devices.

Go to the speedo screen and hold your finger on the speedo for 10 seconds. This will open up the status/diagnostics screen. Hit next/down a few times until you get the Bluetooth screen, then hit the [Update P] button. Reboot.

Many thanks - followed your advice and all is now working corretcly again :beerjug:

I wish Garmin would disclose such information. I remember doing something similar a long time ago, but I think it was my old Nuvi 200.
Anyway, after countless attempts, making me increasingly frustrated, I finally managed to reset a couple of old mobile phone pairings on the used Zumo 550 I've just bought (they also hindered any attempts to pair with my own phones).

I remembered being able to enter a diagnostic menu, but not how... then I found your answer and finally managed to clear the Bluetooth pairings via that menu - now both my mobile phones are finally able to pair with the Zumo.
Thanks a lot! :-D :comfort:bounce1:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom