Italia 2008 Bike Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If somebody can bring their radio kit with them so we can see how it all attaches that would be great specially if they have PTT. Ane we might even say something nice about your bike.....but that is unlikely.:guitarist

Looks like I have bought a pair of Kenwoods. I may have a spare to rent. Payment in alcohol/your daughter/wife if not too ugly/neighbours cat (please provide plasters)/Food or anything that you feel would interest me.

Navigator, I'd love to rent the Kenwood for the trip. If ok perhaps we can do a test run one day?

I have a pair of no-brand radios which I can rent (on the usual terms - 1 beer for a weeks rental :) to anyone who can make use of them. They seem to have the same switchery as my Midland. If they are of use to anyone let me know and I'll bring them along.

OK so they weren't Kenwoods. I have got Icoms, Pablo, got one for you if you want. I will PM you my number and we can discuss what where how and etc etc if your still interested. They look very pretty. I spent today farting about with my bike sorting things out for the trip. Then I went to the pub.
As an aside for all the people who are doing the radio thingie, if you have your instruction manual then I would suggest you bring it just in case we need to play with freauencies. I will try to have a look into what frequency we should all be on and let people know in advance but to be fair it will probably end up with us playing with the radions on the ferry or sumfing to sort it out. :blast I am now going to bed just in case anybody is interested? And if you are then I am worried:eek:

Have now rigged up the PTT on the bike tested on the wife in the garden.
Worked ok, tea arrived pretty quick.
Will test it to make sure no interferance when mobile if possible before ferry time.
I have a Kenwood lead going if anyone needs one, brand new never used?

PM me.:cool:

Navman, I'm still interested but have ordered ear monitors at the BMF and so can't test anything until I get them:blast

For anybody with Icom I have a 12v charger on order.
Pablo, did you get your earplugs?

Navman, I'm still waiting on postie for the ear monitors. Do I need a PTT and where's a good place to get one?:):)

Pablo,
There is 2 bits of kit you will need. The PTT and an adapter from Autocom for the spealers. Forget what the part numbers are. Give autocom or bykebitz a call. They will be able to sort you out no problem.

Kenwood TK-3201

Just a note, if anyone wishes to borrow for the trip a Kenwood Radio give me a shout.

Radio - Kenwood TK-3201
Frequency - 446.00625 - 446.08125 (MHZ)

Cheers

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom