Italia 08 - General Postings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't take too many photos in Italy. Started in Bilbao, then down the Pyrenees, over at Andorra then made our way across to Cinque Terre, where we had a couple of days. Then to Pisa (for the obligatory photos) then picked up some good roads to Lake Bolsena, then across to just E of Spolento. Then finally a big day up to Lake Garda, where we found some of the best roads we've ever ridden.

Cracking whether as well - warm, but overcast to stop it getting too hot. Dry.

Only downer was that the Stelvio was shut, but we kind of knew that would be the case going in May. Still quite a bit of fun razzing up and down the open passes with 10' of snow piled up at the side.

Think this might be useful ..

All the accommodation addresses in one place.

Attachments

• Italy 2008 Trip - Accommodation listings.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 204
And this ...

Attachments

• Italia 08 accommdation waypoints 2008.gdb
    1.5 KB · Views: 147
Swiss vignettes

I'm going to Switzerland tomorrow, if anyone wants me to get their vignette in advance let me know. I can hand them over just before the border on Sunday.

How cool does that look

Guess where this is :bounce1

Attachments

• stelvio.jpg
    stelvio.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 140
A question for those stating in lodges/mobile homes - I'm working on the assumption that linen will be provided - is that true?

It'll be even shitter if the weather's bad :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/west_europe/index.shtml

Click the fwd arrow.

Does blue mean nice ambient temperatures, lavender scented air, local women smiling & waving as we ride past, low fuel costs, traffic free roads or is it just rain on our entire route from Calais to Rome?

I don't care!
Just be prepared for a bit of wet weather & treat it like the holiday we've all been waiting for!

If the weather's bad we can just re-route to 'fastest route' & get leathered at the campsites. :)

:( bollox to rain

Agreed, there's nothing we can do except dress accordingly.

It rained non-stop when I toured Ireland & I had a great time (in the evenings) :D

Besides, dirty GS's make great photographs!

Agreed, there's nothing we can do except dress accordingly.

It rained non-stop when I toured Ireland & I had a great time (in the evenings) :D

Besides, dirty GS's make great photographs!

THEY LET YOU INTO IRELAND:blast WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING.

Anyway the weather has been approved for next next Friday. Dull and overcast in France but getting fine aas we go into Italy. I have a friend in Milan. I will be getting daily weather reports from him. If it rains then da boyz in da blue suitz with da violin cases will be payin him a visita

THEY LET YOU INTO IRELAND:blast WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING.

My Mum was a Kelly so they had to let me in! ;)

Outstanding memory was stumbling into a bar in Killarney & asking the band if they knew any Neil Young, straight away they banged out Heart Of Gold. :aidan

The best band in the world (for that night)
Ireland2006006Small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom