what does a girl need

Summer

Reaction score
With less than 9 wks to go now I have been thinkin about apart from the obvious what do I need to bring in the way of clothing more than anything. Ok, so I will be wearing my bike gear to the venue but then what, I guess depending on the weather and how warm it may or may not be just a couple of T-shirts, pair of shorts and something for night time incase the tent blows away :p I guess a warm fleece if we sit up around the tents at night for a natter. Dont wanna bring along more than is necesary as its the carryin of it all....poor nick will be loaded right up :augie Sorry for this, newbie camper and all that :confused:

Last year we were very lucky with the weather. I would definetly pack jeans, fleece and pjs :aidan

Lyn will be packing her pj's .... but we've booked a room :)

If you haven't got any, fleece sleeping bag liners are a great help ;)

Spare bit of tarp if your tent's awning doesn't have one.

A nice fold up chair.

Sidestand puck to stop yer bike falling over

Spork

Warm gear.

Spare shoes You won't need anything too substantial as the campsite is yards from the hotel.

If the nights are chilly (for you) take a wooly hat/balaclava to wear when asleep - nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night with a cold head and ears :thumb2

Usual allocation of skivies and socks PLUS a spare set.

Wet wipes.

Wet wipes are a good call, didnt think of them. Got a travel hairdryer at the wk end as my everyday one finally gave up on Saturday morning. Fleece and jeans then and pair of flipflops for going over to the shower and back in the mornings, thinkin I best make a list :thumb

Crocs are better than flip flops - they're the only footwear I take with me on bike trips.

Oh we both have a big and definate sense of humour no worries there but Mel what are crocs :confused:

Crocs are those plastic clogs with holes in, that come in many bright colours! (How can you have missed them, they were everywhere last year!)

You either love 'em or hate 'em, there's an anti-Crocs group on facebook, for instance.

They're brilliant for camping - much sturdier in long wet grass than flip flops. And they're squishy enough to fit into the spare corner of a pannier.

Ah yes, I know the things you mean, thought they were hideous :D but may be ok for campin like you say, cheers for the tip :thumb

Wet wipes are a good call, didnt think of them. Got a travel hairdryer at the wk end as my everyday one finally gave up on Saturday morning. Fleece and jeans then and pair of flipflops for going over to the shower and back in the mornings, thinkin I best make a list :thumb

dont bother with jeans if they get wet they take ages to dry, cargo type trousers are better and pack away smaller:thumb2

To be honest I was hopin to get away with just a pair of shorts to lounge about in as takes up even less room but I cant somehow see it being warm enough for those yet :nenau.

Back
Top Bottom