...This seems like so long ago. BBC video

simon thomas

www.2ridetheworld.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

We're finally getting this 'youtube' thing worked out :D

So we're now feeling all high-tech, we'd thought we post the 2007 mini documentary. it was fun filming but niether of us realized we had malaria at the time.

...bloody hell this seems like so loooong ago!

Any way with a little time on our hands I thought I'd throw it up here.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DRccPZfK-0o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DRccPZfK-0o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

We're in Mexico right now but we'll be heading back int the USA in May and then heading up to Alaska.

all the best
Simon & lisa

Thanks for posting that....

Very inspirational!

(Well.... except for the malaria and broken neck bits... :blast )

Al...

Brilliant stuff, well done.

If its not too rude a question, how much PA does it cost you two to continually travel? I shudder at the thought of the fuel costs alone:eek:

Shep

...cost

Hi Shep,

the simple answer to your question is...not sure!

Our original plan was a 2-year trip, neither of us when we left the UK ever imagined we'd be at it 5-years later, having not stopped. Our original idea was to budget ourselves to £50 a day all in for us both, but the reality is now we survuve on as little as possible as anything we spend is to much.

A year or two ago we did sit down and I remember calculating the PA cost and think we worked it out to be something in the region of £7,000 each.

That figure though really is a bit useless as the PA figure will vary wildly depending on which countries we're travelling through, those countries economic situation and a huge element is health...it all cost.

Right now we're looking very hard for a way to generate revenue allowing us to continue.

Hope that helps.

All the best
Simon T:beerjug:

Thanks Simon and good luck with the cash hunt:thumb2

The stuff i'm trying to plan in my head is alot simpler than your ongoing project but its nice to know other peoples experiences before hand.

A friend once set off on a year out, and I might add very nearly made it, with £1700 total in his pocket, no cards or any other form of backup just cash, he came back with a few skills that were somewhat dubious:augie

Ride safe, Shep

Great video and good luck on the rest of the trip..... :thumb

It's lovely to see your video. I hope you have a great and safe rest of your trip.
Take care. Perhaps you will write a book about this? One with lots of glossy pictures so I can vicariously enjoy your experiences.

Take care Good luck.
Steve.

You two are fantstic :bow I really enjoyed watching your video. Who is doing the filming? Best wishes and keep safe :beerjug:

You guys are great and inspire lots of riders and travelers. Good luck with the funding - book would be great, dvd would be awesome and they take time which takes you away from what you are doing !! I guess the answer is different for everyone and everyone would love their answer (preferably today)so they could jump on their bike and go. Good luck with the ride to Alaska.

Back
Top Bottom