Meet The Crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE DOCTOR

Reaction score
Who can speak Italian? (so I can hit the town with you)
Who has cooking gear for camping? (so I can pitch next to you, DV8 :D)
Who lives their life in a rush? (so I can stay behind you)
Who's up for stopping when a photo op arises? (so I can ride with you)
Who hasn't got an ADV? (so I can fill-up with you)

In fact, let's get to know a little about each other before we set off!
Post a brief intro & possibly a photo of yourself or bike so we know who's on this bloody trip! :D

I'll kick off.

Phil, 43.
Non Italian speaking apart from thank you, please, hello/goodbye. :eek:
Never camped.
Often toured.
Airbus UK employee.
2005 R1200GS, yellow (obviously).

Copy2GlencoeMedium-1.jpg

Looking for about 20 replies!

Post a brief intro & possibly a photo of yourself or bike so we know who's on this bloody trip! :D

I'll kick off.

Phil, 43.
Airbus UK employee.
2005 R1200GS, yellow.

Copy2GlencoeMedium-1.jpg

Bryn 46
Leicestershire Constabulary traffic unit motorcyclist :thumb
2003 1150 GSA with small tank but big panniers :D

Ciao is about a far as it goes ;)
No camping gear (hotels)
No point in rushing :D
Happy to stop for photo's
Lyn (SWMBO) on the back :beerjug:

I'm on the left in the top picture and the right in the next one :D

Leicestershire bikesafe

Declan 42.
Live in Newbury. Work in engineering.
R1200GS again in Yellow. Bought it cos Norfolk constabulary didn’t approve of my ZZR1200……at speed
Italian? Haven’t a clue.
Camping done lots. Don’t like hotel prices unless someone else is paying
Cooking, well I eat it. Wash it down with wine and it is fine. Buy a good large insulated mug with a lid, will keep the tea hot/wine, beer, water cold and the bugs out.
Photos got a D70 and may one day learn how to use it. Advice; don’t wash your camera in saltwater at 20 meters. It doesn’t like it.
Most important of all campers. Bring a fold up chair with a back on it. Do not bring a 3 legged stool with no back. You will regret it.
Photo? Got one somewhere, probably. I’m usually on the other side of the lens.

Tall bald and ugly with a GSH!!!!!!!!!!

Stevo 33 yrs young - import and distribute sporting goods.
Married to Hayley she's sub 30 yrs and a Vet Nurse (she'll be on the back - possible having a sleep).:eek:

Live in sunny suffolk with dogs, cats, chickens, ducks and a snake.

Don't know a word of Italian, but like to talk with my hands so should get on well with the locals.

Ride a 1200 GS (black) and with all the kit and the misses will be filling the bike up with fuel very often!!

This trip will be once in a lifetime and i want to take it all in, so lots of stops and photo oppertunities.:clap

Slept in a swag in outback Austalia for 6 months, so quite happy to be going the hotel/cabin route for this trip.

I'll post pics later:thumb

Cheers

Stevo (& Haych)

Name is Mark aged 46 and I live up in the Cotswolds.
GS 1100 & GSA1200 08.
Power systems distribution engineer and male model.
Speaking Italian,
Am Fluent in italian Eg; Pasta, Capachino, latte, olives and oilio (oil to those that may require some on route) If in doubt add an o .
Camping
Many years touring and camping under my belt.
Camping gear
Vast aray of gear some crap and some not so crap.(Agree with Declan about the seat).
Photos
I am always up to have my photo taken (small charge if required to remove clothing)
Unable to supply pictures due to technical difficulties.

Who am I??

Hi Chaps!!! ...My name is Graham....I am over 50 and have decided that there are many things I still want to do....hence this trip!!:rob

My Italian goes about as far as pasta, pizza and cianti as well!!

I Don't mind the camping..but won't be doing too much cooking!!! A stove and kettle will probably be my lot!!

There is usually somewhere close by to get something to eat and drink in the evening.....:beerjug:

I've posted a few pictures from France last year and looking forward to taking a load more this year...

Looking forward to it.....G :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 519

I'll kick off.

Phil, 43.
Non Italian speaking apart from thank you, please, hello/goodbye. :eek:
Never camped.
Often toured.
Airbus UK employee.
2005 R1200GS, yellow (obviously).

Good idea.
Hi, I'm John, over 50 :rob Writer/photographer, living mostly in France
About 20 words of Italian (food and wine mostly), moderate French and German)
GSA1150 SE
Traveled plenty, some on the bike.
Camping? With my back, you must be joking. As for camp cooking - I'm hoping they have restaurants in Italy.
No rushing here, I bought a GS because it doesn't look stupid going slow:). I'll be taking plenty pics too (trying to restrict myself to a max of half a dozen lenses:rolleyes:), so I fully expect to be last to the camp site each night.
Looking forward to meeting y'all.

good thinkin batman

hi my name is tony i,m 45 and half years old :( i ride a very thirsty gs 1200 black with some fandangley bits
i will be travellin with my wife trassa so as i wont have to do anything for myself :augie i will be travellin from ireland :aidan me love,s the craic and a few :beer:
and am partial to a few yarns will be doin the hotel thing as to keep up with that novice chap, am a welder faber for me troubles :ymca will be bringin me kodak instamatic so as to take a few ould pictures,am so lookin foward to this trip and would like to thank bryn for all his help :thumb2 look in foward te seen ye all too

Tom .. 30 something ..

No Italian skills whatsoever. Went to Italy on the bike for the first time last year. Cheap and good quality food and drink. Beautiful scenery. Hence I am going again.

Aiming to be just plodding along and take loads of picture/coffee stops. Hope not to get bitten by evil bug again this year.

what can I tell you?

The travel bug started for me when I was 18/19, I was working for an American company as an engineer, and they had me working all over Europe including the Eastern Block (as it was then), i had a great oppurtuity to go to loads of countries, but never spent much time in them, but promisied I would go back.

Anyways, a few years later I was finishing my Quals, and went into the big wide world as a Strategic Marketeer, and have done that ever since.

But the travel bug never went away, and ironically for me, I remember watching an episode of Long Way Round in 2004, and thinking "if those 2 and bloody do it, so can I"

Within a week or 2, I had ditched the Blade ( kept the track bike), ridden every adventure trailee on the market and bought a GS, and from there I was hooked.

When I got involved with the UKgser site, I met baron, and after having a chat, I realised that there are loads of guys and gals that want to do trips, but the burden of cost + also the restriction of holidays was holding everyone back.

So I planned my first week trip to Scotland and remember sitting in the pub chatting to Baron about it, and when I came out of the pub that night - we were going to Garmisch instead!

Over the next few weeks, I met Bryn & Lyn, Beanno and of course the mighty Jaber and Major Gadget, and when you meet people from different backgrounds who all share the same kind of bliss, you end up with new friends and also a great adventure experience.

I guess you know the rest from there.

I love motorbikes, travel, good company and a break from what I do for the rest of the year, so these trips work out well for me.

I am really looking forward to Italia 08, and think this will be one of the best non-business tours ever (well until next years anyway)

Paul

Hi all,Paul from Northampton, Police officer 52 yo. Bought the GS after a domestic row with 'er indoors, which is still unresolved:spitfire

Always wanted a BMW touring bike, looked admiringly at the R100 when it was produced and I was on a Yamaha 250 on L plates:D

Me no speekie the italiano.

Don't wanna push on too fast, wanna enjoy and take some photos. (Except motorway!). Will be camping and looking for an opportunity and weather to test out my equipment before the big trip (oooh er!). :D

Just did a 1400 mile solo trip to France and back to go skiing at my mates apartment near Morzine so I know the bike will be a comfortable ride:)

Look forward to meeting you all and a few beers no doubt:beerjug::beerjug:

Hi
Baron here.43 years young fingers in a few pies,have camped many times but lodges/hotels this time (sissy) so no cooking.Italian v poor,French pas mal.Some say i ride a little quick but depends on the weather!Will be looking for many photo opportunities.
Toured Europe on bikes many times and always loved it,currently with a GS1200 blue silver.Look out for eachother,relax,enjoy.It's gonna be a good trip!

Baron.:bounce1

A week on Friday! (for me, DV8 & Gippo)

How good does that sound! :D

Bike serviced.
Rear tyre changed.
Luggage plate fitted in place of rear seat.
Tank bag bought.
Engine bars fitted.

Took Ugly Betty for a spin today. Can't see any speed, rev or gear info with the bag expanded. GPS will be in full view though so :thumb2

(The rider of this bike is the guy to see for ear plugs)

-0003Small-1.jpg

Whats a luggage plate? And how do I sort out the feicin electricery on the new lights I bought. I hate electrickery. I hate the Euro rate. I hate everybody. I don't want to go............................... feic feic feic.

Another cup of tea Father??

And I need one of those because;
I have some money left over from my wages?
My large bag will fall off without this vital accessory?
It is a sex aid/I have a small willie?
It is todays must have accessory cos the tank bag with side panels and huge engine bars and lights I have no idea how do fit/ wire are simply not enough to make me look like Boreman or Mcgregggger
:nenau:nenau:nenau

And I resemble your deeply racist remark and would get upset if I wasn't busy drinking my cider. However have no fear I shall take the empty bottle with me and fling it across the campsite at you. And if I do forget that particular bottle then I will consume far more just to throw them at you. Nothing to do with wanting an excuse to drink, no, not at all.:blast

Well been playing with the bike today. Rerouted all the autocom electricery and the sat nav stuff. Fitted new seat put air in the tyres and charged the MP3. Now all I gotta do is pack me stuff which is scattered everywhere but at least in one room.
:clap:clap:clap:clap
tick tock, tick tock. Is it Friday yet?

new tyres on , set up scala team set, bags packed, hit rosslare tommorow 4 pm :bounce1 arrive rosscoff thursday 10 am, flute around france til i hook up with ye guys on sat mornin :D ooh ouch oohh :rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom