A few more off road pics

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well as usual I missed breakfast after a night on the Pop. Not a good start as I really need a hearty breakfast to keep my waif like body in trim especially for a days off roading. Not to worry it would soon be lunch and we would be stopping at a Cafe or Pub in the marvelous coutryside that surrounds the Wye Valley – or would we!!!:augie
Well all ready for the off with a slight mist in the air Gaz packed Mavs panniers into his van and we set off for our first trail. The group was a good size, 9 persons, 3 1200 gsa’s, 2 HP2’s, 2 F650 PD’s 1 X-Challenge and 1 F650 GS Special Dakar beastie...
After the first few miles of gentle trails we stopped for a cig break

At the top of the hills were miles of lanes with quite a few ruts to keep you on your toes. It was slippy and MakTat had bit the dust a few times and collected debris in his brake lever and switch meaning the servo was going all the time so a quick stop for repairs....

Someone off camera must have dropped it as Tim hastily primed his camera and went in for the kill (He is lightning quick at catching you when you are down)......

Attachments

• off road 1.jpg
    off road 1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 430
  • off road 2.jpg
    off road 2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 433
  • off road 3.jpg
    off road 3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 434
Flip Fly was playing tail end Charley and did a grand job all day. His suit was far to clean and that would be addressed later as would the front end of his shiny F650PD:D:D
Another rest break at the top and people kept producing Mars bars out of their pockets like Paul Daniels does with a rabbit out of his hat....Feck I wish I had had that breakfast now.... not to worry lunch soon..... or maybe not.....:(

We had a little incident on a very slippy decent whwere are very enthusiastic Mr Fenerer slid at great speed into a collection of park bikes half way down the decent.... I could see it coming a mile off but thought I should let the lad learn and film it instead...:D:D:D...You Tube on its way ;-)
He lost a spot light and another of the 1200 GSA’s needed the rack re-adjusting. Mav was guardian of all things that fall off and amassed 3 wing mirrors and 2 spot lamps.....

Attachments

• off road 4.jpg
    off road 4.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 410
  • off road 5.jpg
    off road 5.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 415
  • off road 6.jpg
    off road 6.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 418
Maktat hadn’t taken his 1200 off road before and did a great job considering the size of teh bike Vs the size of the rider. He misses his airhead which was totalled after anastey accident last year as some of you may recall. Here’s the man cool as a cucumber, followed bt Fenerer and tour leader Gaz.

We were completely alone up there and some of the views were just superb. Another rest break was had to take in the views.

Attachments

• off road 7.jpg
    off road 7.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 413
  • off road 8.jpg
    off road 8.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 409
  • off road 9.jpg
    off road 9.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 410
  • off road 10.jpg
    off road 10.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 407
Gaz had said at least twice now that lunch was only 5 minutes away and boy was I hungry. Fenerer was begining to suffer a severe case of Teflon tyres and wished he had a bit for grip on his “part worn” TKC....:rolleyes: He made the decision to have a time out whilst we went over a particularly boggy section to the steep climbs and decent that would catch most of us out.
5 minutes came and 5 minutes went........... I was starving but no sign of food.... Top tip, take a pocket full of Mars Bars when you go off roading.

Gaz led us back down off the Tops and along to some absolutely fantastic little lanes more reminiscent of North Wales, just superb although very slippy after the recent rain fall. I dropped my bike sevral times on these as did A few others as my legs were shot, great fun though and no damage to the bikes.
I’m not sure on which fall PetCul broke his ankle but it must have been after these lanes as his smile fills his helmet such a good day it was. Flip Flys suit was begining to look weathered but his bike was far to clean....

Attachments

• off road 11.jpg
    off road 11.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 404
  • off road 12.jpg
    off road 12.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 404
  • off road 13.jpg
    off road 13.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 402
  • off road 14.jpg
    off road 14.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 402
Our grand tour leader continued finding some great lanes and the weather had all but dried up – this is what green laning is all about, fantastic fun with a great bunch of like minded guys....

Soon after a few fords the last lane was done. I came a right cropper in one of the fords and as ever Tim was lurking camera in hand and captured every moment...... :blast

Attachments

• off road 15.jpg
    off road 15.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 384
  • off road 16.jpg
    off road 16.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 397
  • off road 19.jpg
    off road 19.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 397
  • Andy drops his HP2 in the ford.jpg
    Andy drops his HP2 in the ford.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 396
Well that was the end of a great days ride. As you can see Tim was now getting tired and even sleeping whilst FlipFly does Hamster impressions......
Maktat and Fenerer headed off to watch the footie and we headed back for a swift pint before the meal.

Many thanks to Gaz for organising a great ride out:thumb2, many thanks for FlipFly for doing the Tail end Charlie:thumb2, Many thanks to Timolgra for capturing every single time someone dropped it on film:thumb2 and a big thank you to you all as a group for a great days trail riding:clap:clap. It was good to see everyone helping each other out when required.
Best wishes to PetCul for a speedy recovery and hope the ankle heals fast with no long term efects.:beerjug::beerjug:

What a great Day.:clap:clap:beerjug::beerjug:

AndyT:cool:

I have alot of video footage and will post it when i can figure out how to download it to You Tube.

Attachments

• off road 17.jpg
    off road 17.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 395
  • off road 18.jpg
    off road 18.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 383
  • off road 21.jpg
    off road 21.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 391
I had some spare flapjack, if only you'd said you hadn't bought anything. Sorry, didn't realise!
Anyway, pub lunches send a soldier to sleep in the afternoon :D

Looking forward to the vids:thumb2

Gaz, now you tell us!!!!!!!

Top job Andy, great pics :thumb2

Look forward to seeing the vids also.

I had some spare flapjack, and it was all mine.....

Only joking Gaz.... I had a thouroughly enjoyable day... I didn't see anyone else apart from Mav all evening... that I remember anyway. I was stiff as a board and it proves I really need to get more excercise in.

Many thanks again everyone

AndyT:cool:

Great pics Andy :D

I only wish that one day I'll be brave enough to do the Off-Road with you chaps . . . . that's if I'd be allowed . . . . might have to do it on a smaller bike though :eek: I couldn't bear to throw my beloved 1200GS on the ground . . . might get me a old 650GS to play on.

Did you get to eat in the end or not?????

And I saw you made breakfast on Sunday morning ;)

BTW . . . . sorry about the 'getting lost' bit on the way to Baserville lol GPS's eh . . . . ya just can't trust em!!

Shirl

Some nice pictures of a good day spent with some great people but there does seem to be a theme you all seem to think that there was something wrong with my back tire? The way I look at it can you imagine how good I would have been on a good tire? Well at least try and can you also imagine how board Flipfly would have been if he didn't have to keep stopping to pick me and my pick up cheers Flipfly good chap. Don't worry about the videos I got the funny feeling that I may look like a compete idiot?

Great pics Andy :D

I only wish that one day I'll be brave enough to do the Off-Road with you chaps . . . . that's if I'd be allowed . . . . might have to do it on a smaller bike though :eek: I couldn't bear to throw my beloved 1200GS on the ground . . . might get me a old 650GS to play on.

Did you get to eat in the end or not?????

And I saw you made breakfast on Sunday morning ;)

BTW . . . . sorry about the 'getting lost' bit on the way to Baserville lol GPS's eh . . . . ya just can't trust em!!

Shirl

I did get to eat in the end - even though I was the last one in for breakfast they were still stingy with teh sausages and beans:mad: So I had a huge double Burger at Manchester Harley Davidson in Stockport, superb.

Really nice to meet you and your man. I just managed to get a shot of someone dropping their bike on the Sunday morning just behind you but didn't see who it was.... any clues:augie

AndyT

Attachments

• shirley_1.jpg
    shirley_1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 264
I did get to eat in the end - even though I was the last one in for breakfast they were still stingy with teh sausages and beans:mad: So I had a huge double Burger at Manchester Harley Davidson in Stockport, superb.

Really nice to meet you and your man. I just managed to get a shot of someone dropping their bike on the Sunday morning just behind you but didn't see who it was.... any clues:augie

AndyT

Yey, the 2nd only picture of yours truly!! lol a rear view as well!! lol

Yes, I seem to remember a certain person with their pillion going down with quite a 'plop'!! . . . . . . the name seems to slip my mind for now . . . . . but I think it began with an M . . . . . . . . and possibly ended with a Y????????:augie:D . . . .something to do with a disc lock or something!!! ;) lol

Shirl

Flipflys suit

Gaz had said at least twice now that lunch was only 5 minutes away and boy was I hungry. Fenerer was begining to suffer a severe case of Teflon tyres and wished he had a bit for grip on his “part worn” TKC....:rolleyes: He made the decision to have a time out whilst we went over a particularly boggy section to the steep climbs and decent that would catch most of us out.
5 minutes came and 5 minutes went........... I was starving but no sign of food.... Top tip, take a pocket full of Mars Bars when you go off roading.

Gaz led us back down off the Tops and along to some absolutely fantastic little lanes more reminiscent of North Wales, just superb although very slippy after the recent rain fall. I dropped my bike sevral times on these as did A few others as my legs were shot, great fun though and no damage to the bikes.
I’m not sure on which fall PetCul broke his ankle but it must have been after these lanes as his smile fills his helmet such a good day it was. Flip Flys suit was begining to look weathered but his bike was far to clean....

I'd like to nominate Flipfly for a medal for having the courage to wear the TWATTIEST of all the twat suits I've ever seen. Sorry mate but if there was a prize for the most tasteless visually unappealing suit you'd walk it - you really do look like a prize TWAT!!! :clap:clap:D:D Have you had your eyes checked recently:blast

There does seem to be a theme you all seem to think that there was something wrong with my back tire? The way I look at it can you imagine how good I would have been on a good tire? ?

Finally an admission that there wasn't any tread on your back tyre. I'm sure you'll feel much better after that confession.:augie:augie:augie

I'd like to nominate Flipfly for a medal for having the courage to wear the TWATTIEST of all the twat suits I've ever seen. Sorry mate but if there was a prize for the most tasteless visually unappealing suit you'd walk it - you really do look like a prize TWAT!!! :clap:clap:D:D Have you had your eyes checked recently:blast

Says the leather waistcoat wearing one :augie:augie:augie

That's my Husaberg off road gear, seeing as I no longer have the Berg, I thought I'd put it to use when off roading the Dak. I don't care what ya say, it's comfy and it dries out really quick (handy when ya fall of in swamps apparently :D:D).

Back
Top Bottom