Aerostich or Rallye Jacket and Jeans?

• Thread starter Deleted Member I
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with the Stich personally, open the vents and wear light gear and a pair of shorts underneath, works brilliantly and if it starts to rain your sorted just by closing the vents rather than pulling rain gear on. :rob

stich

I'd go with the Stich personally, open the vents and wear light gear and a pair of shorts underneath, works brilliantly and if it starts to rain your sorted just by closing the vents rather than pulling rain gear on. :rob

And bring a camelback or similar water pack on your back...worked a treat for me.

Of course I am also the guy who rode to Wadi Rum with handlebar muffs so I may not be a good guide! :aidan

I'd go with the Stich personally, open the vents and wear light gear and a pair of shorts underneath, works brilliantly

Yep, T shirt and shorts underneth the stich. Then straight off when ever stopping for coffee while everyone else is sitting around uncomfortable in their sweaty trouuusers :D

Stitch is not too hot.

Just back form 4 days round Phoenix, Flagstaff and the Grand canyon.

40'c and dry as

Aerostich with all vents open, wear a camel back and drink plenty AND the secret weapon...

Aerostich "Evap-O-Danna" kinda black fleece neck thang. Soak it in water, place some ice cubes through middle and enjoy air conditioning.

I wore Rohan T shirt that was brill - wash each night and dries overnight (well at 28'c at night it would !) and gets soaked by evaporama.

In Morocco at 45'c I was too cold - as long as I kept moving.

Only down side is that when you take off the stich at coffee breaks your shorts look like you've pee'd yersen!

Jeans and a T-shirt for me !

Moved House yesterday, can find bugger all and we leave Friday !!

Got the key to the bike ... so good to go !!!

I am taking my tosser suit but have never had it in the rain so don't know how waterproof it is.:nenau Any tosser suited people out there who can comment?
But the most important thing I am bringing is a heated Jacket.:clap:clap:clap never leave home without it.

Did 1500 miles through France 2 weeks ago mainly in pouring rain wearing my tosser suit.
With the lining in, stayed warm & dry inside. When the sun did occasionally come out, I just removed the waterproof liners and enjoyed the airflow through the vents. :thumb2

I think I am going to play it safe and use both.

Aerostich on the way down with Jeans and Rallye 2 in the pannier. Then swap over when I get to Italy ...

Dainese jacket and trousers.. alpinestars over jacket just in case... jacket linings in until we hit the warm front....

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom