Its the.. Im home safely thread

Only 44Mph!! It blew me onto the hard shoulder at one point. Fecking nightmare.

You too e'h Rob :D Interesting experience that was :augie
44 mph was my top speed at one point....thats when the cnut in the 8 wheeler started overtaking me....It was like riding inside a washing machine :eek:
Glad to be home at 4pm fantastic weekend tho :thumb

I got back in last night safe and sound. Top weekend, didn't stop smiling from start to finish. Big thanks to Stumpy for the applecross run, the ride over to Glen Clover has got to be one of the best I've ever done :clap:clap:clap Also thanks to Ronno for the whole event. Great to meet you lot in the person, met some top people, can't wait for East Mids. :beerjug::beerjug: I'm off to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning the bike, then I'll post me pictures.

Peace out :cool

........It was like riding inside a washing machine :eek:

I looked down at one point and the cockpit of my 1100 was full of water... you couldn't see the clocks/switches/GPS etc for water, at that point we were managing a whopping 40mph :eek:

I looked down at one point and the cockpit of my 1100 was full of water... you couldn't see the clocks/switches/GPS etc for water, at that point we were managing a whopping 40mph :eek:

Wow you actually took your eyes off the road :bow
Ermmmm why did i put the dark visor on :blast

At one point I was seriously considering riding on the hard shoulder alongside the Transit we were following to use him as a wind break :eek:

Poor Lucy who was behind me said every time see saw me 'go' she started laughing with fear because she knew what to expect 2 seconds layer.

I tried slowing down but it got scary, so I just kept it pinned at 80-90 and wrestled through.

At glen clova the GPS said i'd get home at 1429 and I got home at 1430 after 2 quick petrol stops. So I still made good ground.

Shep

I tried slowing down but it got scary, so I just kept it pinned at 80-90 and wrestled through.

At glen clova the GPS said i'd get home at 1429 and I got home at 1430 after 2 quick petrol stops. So I still made good ground.

Shep

:eek: 80-90 would have seen us going from lane one to three faster than you could blink...... you were home just as we were in the thick of it :tears

Best way IMO.

Another thing I noticed was as I was approaching lorries the buffeting was a real pain in the neck, I just took one hand off the bars and hunkered down a bit and all was well again, i think the extra wind was knocking my body around more than the bike ittself so by taking a hand off the bars actually helped the bike do its job, its what a bike does naturally without a rider, stayed stable.

Shep

Another thing I noticed was as I was approaching lorries the buffeting was a real pain in the neck, I just took one hand off the bars and hunkered down a bit and all was well again, i think the extra wind was knocking my body around more than the bike ittself so by taking a hand off the bars actually helped the bike do its job, its what a bike does naturally without a rider, stayed stable.

Shep

:eek: I dunno so much about that one. Never tried it and don't feel inclined to either. :bow

Shep

What I found easier was to engage the throttle lock and take both hands off the bars and then adopt the prone position along the seat and tank with feet on the rear rack and my arms by me side... less wind resistance you see :augie:D:D

What I found easier was to engage the throttle lock and take both hands off the bars and then adopt the prone position along the seat and tank with feet on the rear rack and my arms by me side... less wind resistance you see :augie:D:D

Where was Lucy then?

I remember a lad, (known as Boner. I don't know if you know him Paul?) who once slipstreamed so close behind a lorry that he actually grabbed hold of it!

No wonder Lucy was laughing:D

Shep

You and POG both past me in the recovery truck ...looked like you were enjoying it !!!!:D

You know, I was enjoying the ride so much that I never even noticed the KTM on a trailer :augie

Just in, had a big night out in Sunderland last night, nice weather riding down today :beerjug:

We didn't leave Glen Clova until this morning. Nice all the way home (it's only an hour anyway).

Glad to hear everbody got home safely (especially after stopping off in Sunderland :eek:).

The road south at Shap sounded horrendous.

We didn't leave Glen Clova until this morning. Nice all the way home (it's only an hour anyway).

Glad to hear everbody got home safely (especially after stopping off in Sunderland :eek:).

The road south at Shap sounded horrendous.

OOEEOO Listen tae him horrendous

bb1 / Dakar Girl nice to have met you guy's on the boat!

Glad you got home safe :thumb2 you made good time.

Shep

I managed to cope with it by sitting on the bike back to front, and bracing my legs over the cases, though there was no way I could read me Sunday Times as the wind kept catching it.

Back
Top Bottom