Gathering of the Clans 2008.

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Well, that's the Clans over for another year. I think (and hope) that it was a great success. The event was a complete sell oot and I really appreciate the effort and expense that folk went to just to be there. :clap :clap :clap

The weather was good on Friday and Saturday so both Ride Outs were really well attended. It was quite a sight travelling at the back of some 35 or so GS's travelling in convoy through Glen Clova as we left the hotel. HRH Oonyack and Doyle took a fair sized party on the Aff Road route and 18 bikes did the road run into Royal Deeside and Glenshee. Hopefully, Johnny will dae a wee write up aboot the Offroad stuff later.

The Photocall at the Airlie Monument was a personal nightmare for me but a splendid opportunity for folks to see me make a complete twat o' masel' :augie :D

The Road Run was really enjoyable compared to doing the same route last year in the pissin' rain. A guid few folk commented how much they enjoyed the run south from Braemar especially. It's a great road right enough.

The Whisky Tasting wasn't the complete sell oot I'd hoped for but aboot 10 hardy souls spent an enjoyable hour sampling three (really guid sized :thumb) drams of Balvenie Doublewood, Highland Park and Bowmore. Andy Cam did a great job of hosting the event and he really knew his stuff. Andy works in the whisky industry and it was fairly obvious that he pays attention. Andy also stood in as MC at the very last minute so I'm really grateful to him for that.

Saturday night continued with the raffle and auction. Some great prizes were donated and I'm really grateful to all the people who donated stuff for both auction and raffle and also to all those who delved so deeply into their pockets to raise money for the Sick Kids Hospital, Edinburgh. Fantastic generocity, folks :beerjug: There is still some stuff to auction and sell off so the total money raised isn't completed yet but I'm certain that it will be a brilliant result.

Big Bob's Blues Band then treated us to some fab toons intae the wee sma' oors. Bob cannae half play the guitar and he's a Tosser tae (hope yer back among us on 2 wheels soon Bob). :clap

Baith nights were really good social occasions in the bar and lounge at Glen Clova. I think everybody mixed well and had a guid laugh and craic.

Sunday wasnae so guid weather-wise. Those of us in the chalet lodges had another day at Glen Clova to recover and chill oot. On Sunday, me and Christine were invited by the "neighbours" for oor tea. Very nice it was too.

I'd like to say a really huge thank you to Stumpy, garfield, Doyle, Andy Cam and Johnny and Tash for helping organise the event and getting totally stuck in during the weekend. Cheers folks. I hope you ken how gratefull I am :beerjug:

Finally, a massive thanks to all the fine folk from UKGSer who attended Gathering of the Clans 2008 and made it a top weekend.

Top Tossers one and all :beerjug:

PS I'll post up some photies later.

Gatering of the Clans 2008.

Never saw oni of those things hope ye warned Shep afore he went fishing:eek:

As I said somewhere else on the site I put on a few pounds in weight and lost a few £ in the pocket but all for a good cause. Top weekend :thumb

Gatering of the Clans 2008.

Never saw oni of those things hope ye warned Shep afore he went fishing:eek:

Speakin' o' spellin' mistakes: I got a PM fae POG sayin' that he was nearly blown off comin' ower Shap :eek:

A great weekend.

And then some:clap:bow:clap:bow:clap:bow

Thanks to all those who put a lot of effort and work into organising it - so that we all could enjoy ourselves so much.

Excellent Weekend..... Really enjoyed my first encounter with the tossers :)
Thanks to all who organised the weekend..... Looking forward to the next one already !

Thanks everyone , had a great weekend .. :bounce1

1 Castle , 6 girlies , me and a bowl of Nachos . :hug

Gin and Tramadol , that makes you sleep ............. :sleep

Fish gutting for Begginers , still got 10 fingers ........... :ninja1:

Tunned taking photos under the quilt ......................... :aidan

Oh , and a Grumpy Old Man .......................................... :rob

Back
Top Bottom