Italia 08 - The Aftermath!

Paulbde

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well the adventure that was Italia 08 is over.

I would like to say to everyone that took part, many thanks for your company and support, and I hope you enjoyed the trip as much as me!

Anyways, post your post trip comments and pics here......

Regards

Paul

Well, I had a great time, am back safe:)
Very nice to have met all of you good people.
I had a fantastic time:beerjug:
Been a bit concernerd about Gadget:confused: Where did you get to?

Like I said a blast. Bloody hot on the ride home and managed to avoid the thunderstorms too. Hope y'all had a good trip home too.

Great trip paul thanks a lot.We caught the 630 ferry as planned i take it you got an earlier one.A big thankyou to all the people that made this trip special.

Made it home safe!:thumb2
stevo had to rush off to work this am so im posting for him.
we had such a great time! great to meet everyone, hope to catch you all up at future events.
will try and get some pics up, but if you would like a disc just let us know your address and we will put one in the post for you.

hope your all home safe.

cheers paul for such a fab time.:beerjug:
hx

What a great week .. (apart from the rude Italians :augie)

Back at work now :(

Roll on next year! :D

Back to Reality.....

God I'm knackered....

Even though I took an a excessive amount of stick at times over my assumed sexual preferences from certain members of the group, I enjoyed every minute..

Good company..great roads..good weather and all while riding your bike...life doesn't get much better!!!:D

Will try to meet up again later in the year (Bryns event) if I'm allowed:augie

Well done again Paul :thumb

Graham

wow

in fishgaurd waiting on ferry blew an engine seal had to stop every now an again to wipe oil off back wheel :aidan what a mind blowing two weeks we had:clap:clap:clap:clap hope every one,s home safe thanks a million paul :aidan

in fishgaurd waiting on ferry blew an engine seal had to stop every now an again to wipe oil off back wheel :aidan what a mind blowing two weeks we had:clap:clap:clap:clap hope every one,s home safe thanks a million paul :aidan

Thought blowing a seal was some sort of wierd perversion :D

It was a great trip... thanks to everyone.. especially Paul for making it a success :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sue and I got back safe but very tired.What can I say that hasn't been said already. A great week! great laugh! and most of all great company!!
A big thank you to Paul for organizing the trip(still got your map book!).

Sue say's a big hello to everyone, especially her fellow campers who all made her feel welcome.

Got home safely, no problems on route.
Thanks to Paul for doing the sorting, well done.
Met some really good people and hope to meet up again in the future.
Will try to post some pictures when i sort out how.
Thanks again and ride with care.

PS, Flash, it sounds as like the trashing for breaking down on the way to Mainz paid off.
Hope you made it home OK.

Well done Paul, what a fantastic trip! :beerjug:

Apologies for separating from Gadget, Seamus & Sue on the way to Calais but it looks like I made the right decision as I caught the early ferry with rest of the group.

Only got home this afternoon 'cos I stayed a night in Dover.

Just d/loaded my photos & there are some crackers! :D
Give me a while to d/load them to Photobucket & I'll post the link.

-0431Medium.jpg

-0416Medium.jpg

-0411Medium.jpg

-0409Medium.jpg

-0353Medium.jpg

-0351Medium.jpg

-0298Medium.jpg

-0272Medium.jpg

-0205Medium.jpg

-0166Medium.jpg

-0066Medium.jpg

-0047Medium.jpg

Some on-board shots..

-0248Medium.jpg

-0226Medium.jpg

-0218Medium.jpg

-0216Medium.jpg

-0170Medium.jpg

-0168Medium.jpg

Had enough of riding at the back and got the big un on, caught the train and made it home just after 4pm.

Great time, thanks Paul for arranging the trip "Top Bloke" and to all for the great company, got some memories I never forget !

Didn't feel the same riding the old girl to work this moring, she was begging for the twisties and maybe a cheese and ham omlete :eek: !

Cheers once again, and hope I catch up with you again sometime.
Where next Paul :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1 ??

Eyetie 08

:Hi everyone:)
Wot a cracking tour :bounce1
Like to thank Paul for a great biking holiday and for all his hard work and time spent organizing the trip TOP BANANA:beerjug:
Met some great people and being a very quiet and reserved person got along with everyone I think :bow
Hope to meet everyone again at Bryns doo :beerjug:
Stemo

Hi Paul, The Exon Valdeze and I Stayed with Seamus & Sue and met up with Graham & mark at a petrol station, and I was persuaded along with everybody else to go to Ypres before we boarded the 6.35pm Ferry. It was certainly a holiday to remember thanks to your great organisational skills Paul, but God was I tired at work today.One upshot was that riding the bike today without all the luggage was a real treat, and a couple of Supermoto's were surprised when I shot past them and stayed ahead.

Cheers Paul and to all the other Tossers who were such great company.

Ken.

Hi Paul, The Exon Valdeze and I Stayed with Seamus & Sue and met up with Graham & mark at a petrol station, and I was persuaded along with everybody else to go to Ypres before we boarded the 6.35pm Ferry. It was certainly a holiday to remember thanks to your great organisational skills Paul, but God was I tired at work today.One upshot was that riding the bike today without all the luggage was a real treat, and a couple of Supermoto's were surprised when I shot past them and stayed ahead.

Cheers Paul and to all the other Tossers who were such great company.

Ken.

Great to hear you made it back!

As we waited at the ferry and you did a no show, we just couldn't believe you'd get lost - especially with all the sat navs perched on the bars:D

Good to meet you and the EV:thumb

Stevo & Haych

A few more pics

Great photos Phil, here are some I took with my phone.

14062008065.jpg

At Dover, delay probably to do with docking rights for the Exxon Valdeze :D

14062008067.jpg

Home for the next 8 nights

15062008070.jpg

15062008071.jpg

Nancey ready for the off !

15062008073.jpg

Team briefing LOL !! :augie

15062008076.jpg

15062008077.jpg

16062008081.jpg

Camping Lake Como

15062008079.jpg

Evening in Como

16062008085.jpg

Road to Pisa - Bar Oasi's Lucky day !!

16062008084.jpg

Mark making a mess again ! :)

16062008087.jpg

16062008088.jpg

Lunch on the road to Pisa

Mark striking a Gipo pose :ymca !! lol

18062008102.jpg

Rome Culture Vulture tour ! Stemo leading the way !!

18062008110.jpg

Pretty alleyways :D

18062008111.jpg

Top Italia web site !

19062008133.jpg

Exxon V looking majestic !

19062008139.jpg

Bryn going for an Up Skirt special !

20062008144.jpg

Culture Vultures !

21062008166.jpg

Into the Alps !

21062008171.jpg

Top of Stevio Pass and met up with fellow GS'er Deer Hunter, hope you had a safe trip home !

21062008174.jpg

21062008175.jpg

21062008178.jpg

THE PASS ! :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

22062008181.jpg

Last Night camping in Germany.

Well I thought it was a great trip. Blasted lots of cobwebs away.
It was so nice to get back to work and sort out all the panics that obviously nobody else was capable of sorting. :spitfire

Reminded me about how crap at packing I am. Still the table came in useful.
Memo to self. Remember to bring wallet with me and not leave it in England. :thedummy Money helps. Still my culinary skills have improved but one or two others may disagree. :augie

I would like to say a really big thank you to Paul for all the trouble he went to organising this. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
Having done same but different before I know the amount of work that goes into this sort of thing. For me it was nice to be able to turn up and not worry about anything (cept money DOH)
So twas only a couple of days ago but seems like a lifetime. I will also try to sort out some pictures but I got fed up in the end and left the camera in the case most of the time.

PS the sheep worked really really really well. :thumb2 Hopefully catch up with some of you at Bryns do as I have been given permission to play.

Back
Top Bottom