Italia 08 - The Aftermath!

What a shock

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll414/stevohaych/P1010286.jpg

Well after sitting here admiring my manly outline for a while, it suddenly hit me.....look at my wrists, they're nearly as high as my shoulders..then look at Steve's and see how much lower they are.

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll414/stevohaych/P1010285.jpg.

I wondered why sometimes I was getting pins and needles on the tour.

So that's what I've been doing this afternoon,finding all the hidden screws and dismantling the Switchgear, and turning the bars round, but Boy does it feel strange.but one thing I've noticed is when I'm pushing it into the garage it doesn't feel like I'm pushing my Big brothers bike around, you know the one with the handlebars above your neck. I reckon Steptoe will feel the benefit as well when he pushes it down his drive to his garage. :thumb

I have a favour to ask. I was initially interested in joining the tour and seperating from the group to stay in Bergamo on the outskirts of Milan, and then joining up again for the ride home. Unfortunately, as there was no sign of the right bike coming into my possession when the 'final numbers' 24th February meeting came around, I had to withdraw from the trip.

I've now bought an RT and my girlfriend and I will be heading for Italy soon. I would be extremely grateful if someone would be willing to give me the Zumo routing for the trip, which I can amend to end up in Bergamo. Of course I could always input Bergamo into the Zumo and follow whatever route it presents me with, but I'm sure there were one or two roads/routes on Italia 2008 which were chosen based on previous experience, am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

I've now bought an RT and my girlfriend and I will be heading for Italy soon. I would be extremely grateful if someone would be willing to give me the Zumo routing for the trip, which I can amend to end up in Bergamo. Of course I could always input Bergamo into the Zumo and follow whatever route it presents me with, but I'm sure there were one or two roads/routes on Italia 2008 which were chosen based on previous experience, am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

Jaycee, we didn't stick to the route 100%.
Any of the previous posted routes would be a good guide.
On reflection, if I were do to this trip again I would spend more time in Como and miss out Venice, but that's just me.

Check out my day-by-day report of the trip here.

As a 1st time camper I can recommend the Nancy & Como campsites.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that thread, very useful. :thumb2

Any of the previous posted routes would be a good guide.

I'll have a look around for these.

Thinking about it, I don't think any routes were posted.

I think the files were too big to post on the site so Paul e-mailed them to us.

If you were a subscribed member I could pm you my e-mail address but I'm not going to post it here! (spybots).
If you want to tell me your e-mail address I'll post the route to you.

route.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but as the site won't allow editing after a certain length of time, (in order to post and then remove my email address later) I don't feel comfortable doing that either.

However, I've gained quite a lot of info from your ride report, thanks. Obviously I'd like to experience the Stelvio Pass but it's not really on the route to or from Bergamo, however a simple detour to the North East passing Davos and Zurich and joining back up with the outbound route at Basle will tick that box.

Thanks for the offer, but as the site won't allow editing after a certain length of time, (in order to post and then remove my email address later) I don't feel comfortable doing that either.

However, I've gained quite a lot of info from your ride report, thanks. Obviously I'd like to experience the Stelvio Pass but it's not really on the route to or from Bergamo, however a simple detour to the North East passing Davos and Zurich and joining back up with the outbound route at Basle will tick that box.

Get £12 out of your wallet and you can send PMs for a whole year :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom