introduction of our Italy Plan,and suggestions please.

BoRaBoRa

Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife and i are ready for departure, all paperwork is ready.

The depart day is 21 August Thursday from our town Bandirma (TR)

Our Route:

italy_3.jpg

Bandirma(TR)-Cesme(TR)-Chios(GR)-Pireaus(GR)-Patras(GR)-Ancona(IT)-Venice(IT)-Pisa(IT)-Florence(IT)-Roma(IT)-Amalfi(IT)-Brindisi(IT)-Cesme(TR)-Bandirma(TR)

Around: 3.000kms

23/24.august, stay at Venice

25/26.august, pisa,tuscany area and stay

27/28.august, rome

we have to be at Brindisi on 30.august for the ferry.

will any any UKGSER's be around Italy in august?

hope to meet some of you.

and, suggestions; musts and donts will be appreciated

Unfortunately on those days I'm not at home and I can't meet you.
But I can give you few suggestions:

Be careful because roads in Italy are fully crawded in that period.

When you are in Tuscany I strongly suggest to visit small towns like Pienza, Montepulciano, Sinalunga, Monteriggioni.
Roads in Tuscany are fantastic for bikes; enjoy them! :beerjug:

Carlo

I wasn't too impressed with Venice and it was soooo expensive!

I know it is a little further up but the LAKES area was much nicer place to go. Our campsite at Dongo was brilliant.

I think it would be a waste not to do the Stelvio and Gavia passes if you are in Italy but it is a long detour from your route.

The roads round Tuscany was very pretty but I didn't do much of that.

If you want I can email you our route from this last trip. It is a garmin gps file.

Hi All,

My wife and i are ready for departure, all paperwork is ready.

The depart day is 21 August Thursday from our town Bandirma (TR)

....and, suggestions; musts and donts will be appreciated

If you're a MotoGP fan you could visit Rossi's hometown, Tavullia and check out his fan club headquarters & cafe. Tavullia is near Rimini.

Have a great time & please post some photos when you return. :beerjug:

-0407Medium-1.jpg

-0409Medium.jpg

-0416Medium.jpg

-0411Medium.jpg

Oh & don't forget - Avoid Venice! :)

Tavullia

Going to be in Tavullia on the 30 aug which is qualifying day for the motogp, misano. Does anyone know if they have the big screen up to watch that day as ive heard they do on race days! :beerjug:

There will be something!

Best going to the cafe 'cos there's more room so more likely to have coverage in there. The fan club is just 2 little rooms.

:thumb2

Wish I was going with you. :beerjug:

There will be something!

Best going to the cafe 'cos there's more room so more likely to have coverage in there. The fan club is just 2 little rooms.

Wish I was going with you. :beerjug:

NO WISHING ALLOWED...You could have come...I'm meeting Asif in Como, then heading for Misano/Tavulia and who knows what next...cheers for the info tho :thumb

Best place to park up is outside the cafe.
It's only a short walk to the club.
There's parking spaces outside (below) the fan club but your bike will be out of sight once you walk up the slope. If you park outside the cafe you can order a tasty bite to eat, I had the 'Steve McQueen', then visit the fan club one at a time while one watches the bikes while relaxing sitting down.

:beerjug:

sat 30th

Will be there sat the 30th quali day so im sure it will be busy everywhere. Not much ducati red around town i hope!!! :rob

yamaha hell

I guess but that depends on your ride. ill be on the GS but i could get a paint job done before i go!!!

If rossi wanted to try the GS he's more than welcome and would still proabably beat half the field!

Back
Top Bottom