How's your preparation going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geared up and ready to go. Was going to head off on Friday but the weather looks worse as the weekend goes on so it's off a day early and back a day early. Might wild camp at Kinlochhourn on the way up. Always wanted to peel off and take that road.

Geared up and ready to go. Was going to head off on Friday but the weather looks worse as the weekend goes on so it's off a day early and back a day early. Might wild camp at Kinlochhourn on the way up. Always wanted to peel off and take that road.

Hey - Scotbrick . . .

Have you got yourself a proper bike for this event yet ?

:D :D :D :D

Bob.

(Guess I'd better think about doing some preparation :blast ).

... panniers are fitted :)
... engine bars are here - yet to be fitted
... bike2bike comms taken out and tested 2nite :)
... debate started re which tent to take and whether to leave tomorrow night or friday (friday looks like a better option given i'm working tomorrow and will be spending tomorrow night fitting my engine bars and packing and repacking my panniers to see how much i can get in them and then trying to hide the heavy stuff on wully's bike somewhere ;) )

really looking forward to it :beerjug::beerjug:

Finally got the bike packed (had to wait for SWMBO to return from work as she had put my sleeping bag and airbed in a 'safe place' :blast ).

Had a (rare) solo trip to Morrisons this morning for provisions . . I guess Thursday is Pension Day, it was like being on the dodgems :D).

Early start in the morning and hopefully I'll meet up with GC and the others at the Corran Ferry at 10:00.

See you there :thumb :thumb :thumb

Bob.

(I haven't used my daughter's tent since last year's Skye trip - so I guess Scotboxer will have another photo opportunity :mmmm ).

All packed, bike serviced today, ready to leave 11ish in the morning see you there

I'm all ready. Leaving aboot 10.

Yaba Daba Doo

237258_res5_fredflintstone.jpg

Bike serviced last night, new brakes all round, every fluid in it changed, set up for the new Y piece. I got a wee test run in the passion rain today.... running better than ever.... thanks Jaythro :clap

Rain stopped about 8pm, so gave her a wee wash and fitted the boxes. Packing done..(almost).

All's left is to polish off the bottle of wine, set the alarm clock for 5.30 and getting the Larne/Troon boat in the morn.

:eek:onyack here I come!

:tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears

In the office right now .. wishing I was in Scotland :tears

I might go and chuck a few things on the bike now, get my gear on and hit the road.....not even sure what road I'm taking yet....:D

On the ferry

Made it onto the ferry, now about 20 mins from Troon. I haven't worked out yet if there are any other Tossers on board.
Saw a 12Adv rider at ATM in the harbour. Put 2 and 2 together and got 5
I asked if he was also going to Oonyackistan? He looked at me like I had two heads. No, we are only going to Ullapool! Fraid to speak to anyone else.

Sure it's a Shy wee Bein Ye ae Stevie

Have ya learned the Local Speakin type Lingo Yet

Talk to Ya later takin Hannah to her Class on Bike :aidan :aidan:aidan

Was out last night polishing it the Poor Wee beastie!

No Been Polished since she did the charity round Ireland run

HAve fun Ride safe! Did Rhonda provide ya with and Air cushion???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom