ATTENTION ALL SKYE GOERS!!!

• Thread starter H.R.H. Nashskye
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

H.R.H. Nashskye

Hi everyone, just thought I'd put in a few wee details regarding the set up of the weekend. Usually the weekend is pretty laid back and you can just do as you please!!:thumb
First of all for any of you who haven't been, on the Friday evening we can meet down at the Stein Inn (for directions just follow the Waternish road until you see signs for Stein..easy peasy!) due to it being a wee pub, we had to book the entire dining room, so from 6pm onwards, meals will be available. For those who are camping and haven't been before, the campsite is down at Stein, go past the marquee and you're there! :D Then at 8ish the Ceilidh starts, I'll ship people from the pub to the hall, there will be a bar at the hall, so no need to bring your own booze - unless you're a fussy fecker.:rolleyes:

OK! Then on Saturday, there is a Gala Day on down at Stein from 12.30 onwards. Hopefully we can get a decent Tug of War team together...as well as a ladies team!!:thumb There will be no road run, so feel free to explore the island if you want. Again, dinner's booked from 6 onwards in Stein, so if you could gather around that time, that'd be great. The CHEEEEEEEEEESEY disco starts at 8ish, again I will take people up and we'll get taxis to take us back, as I'm on the deoch!!:thumb:beerjug: (Booze in Gaelic!). Again, there will be a bar at the D.I.S.C.O!
There we are, have a safe trip and see y'allll soon!:clap

PS Campers will get brekkie!!:thumb

Usefull numbers

Castle Oonyack 01470 592377 mob 0787 925 2647

Stein 01470 592362

Is the Darnbrook B&B within staggering distance of the Stein Inn

See you tomorrow night
:bounce1:bounce1

Excellent - really looking forward to it!

Big thanks in advance for all your ferrying/ taxiing etc.

Ladies tug of war, eh?

Now, can anyone remember how to strip the willow?

Is the Darnbrook B&B within staggering distance of the Stein Inn

See you tomorrow night
:bounce1:bounce1

It's about half a mile (or so:augie ) from the pub, so not far. However, it's about 2 miles to the village hall, which is where all the festivities are!! Transport will be provided though!:D

Just spoken to Prof and Barb on the phone, their 200 miles away next to Loch Lomond. Arriving in Skye tomorrow :)

is it customary to wear the skirt of the local men :aidan

Not if they are wearing it at the same time! :eek:onyack

Can just see you wraped in a Wicklow tartan!

wicklow.jpg

Hi everyone, just thought I'd put in a few wee details regarding the set up of the weekend. Usually the weekend is pretty laid back and you can just do as you please!!:thumb
First of all for any of you who haven't been, on the Friday evening we can meet down at the Stein Inn (for directions just follow the Waternish road until you see signs for Stein..easy peasy!) due to it being a wee pub, we had to book the entire dining room, so from 6pm onwards, meals will be available. For those who are camping and haven't been before, the campsite is down at Stein, go past the marquee and you're there! :D Then at 8ish the Ceilidh starts, I'll ship people from the pub to the hall, there will be a bar at the hall, so no need to bring your own booze - unless you're a fussy fecker.:rolleyes:

OK! Then on Saturday, there is a Gala Day on down at Stein from 12.30 onwards. Hopefully we can get a decent Tug of War team together...as well as a ladies team!!:thumb There will be no road run, so feel free to explore the island if you want. Again, dinner's booked from 6 onwards in Stein, so if you could gather around that time, that'd be great. The CHEEEEEEEEEESEY disco starts at 8ish, again I will take people up and we'll get taxis to take us back, as I'm on the deoch!!:thumb:beerjug: (Booze in Gaelic!). Again, there will be a bar at the D.I.S.C.O!
There we are, have a safe trip and see y'allll soon!:clap

PS Campers will get brekkie!!:thumb

Usefull numbers

Castle Oonyack 01470 592377 mob 0787 925 2647

Stein 01470 592362

Ah!! The post wizard has been adding red writing on my thread...whilst you're at your editing, can you spell 'useful' correctly - you spam monkey?!:handbag:rob:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom